Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 09:23 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,512,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
The kids in Germany were rounded up and shot. The parent's neighbors thought they were bad parents for raising children like that. So you're unmoved? To be expected.
So you can't stay on topic. To be expected. With your arguments, I wouldn't either...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2009, 09:35 PM

19,198 posts, read 31,512,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kb09 View Post
The doctor did what he thought was medically necessary for the women (and one child); if it was to abort the fetus that otherwise would've caused serious complications for the mother, then yes, I agree with his decision to do so.
I might have agreed as well. But it wouldn't have mattered. Unless asked, I have no place interposing one way or another in discussions between a woman and her doctor and confidantes in coming to such a decision. Often a quite awful and painful decision. My legitimate role is in protecting a woman's right to make that decision against the efforts of perhaps in their own minds well-meaning but still entirely misguided bands of reckless interlopers.

Old 03-28-2009, 09:37 PM

4,906 posts, read 6,857,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
He may have gotten off on Earth but he be judged by God and suffer in Hell for all eternity. He is nothing short of a Nazi doctor death.
I may respect the first part of your answer, but the second part shows you're casting the first stone....so tell us are you without sin?

Old 03-28-2009, 09:44 PM

659 posts, read 1,087,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
I might have agreed as well. But it wouldn't have mattered. Unless asked, I have no place interposing one way or another in discussions between a woman and her doctor and confidantes in coming to such a decision. Often a quite awful and painful decision. My legitimate role is in protecting a woman's right to make that decision against the efforts of perhaps in their own minds well-meaning but still entirely misguided bands of reckless interlopers.
Exactly.

Many people on this thread are casting stones upon the doctor yet do not know a single fact of the circumstances or what the complications of said pregnacy were to be. It's easier for someone to cast a stone at others because it does not concern them personally. If many were presented with this same situation (be it them themselves, their spouse, their child, their granddaughter, etc.) they'd be singing a different tune altogether. If Christians could follow the teaching's of Christ whilst getting rid of the book the world would be a better place.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:08 PM

38,649 posts, read 26,438,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stac2007 View Post
My parents were of different faiths and I believe God lives in everyone. To accept one religion and say the other was false is plain wrong.

Don't you test your beliefs to see if they are consistent and stand up to scrutiny, especially when most faiths are mutually exclusive?

My Bible tells me to test the spirits to see if they are of God.

The rebirth of Israel fulfilled a Bible prophesy more than two thousand years old. If these prophesies were not fulfilled, and in the required time frame, I would have to conclude something was errant in my faith. As is, this is not the case. My Christian faith does exclude all others. How is this not the case for you?

Mathematical Bible Prophecy

Please don't think I'm just bustin' your chops about this. I'm genuinely interested in what you have to say on the matter.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:29 PM

4,145 posts, read 10,440,587 times
Quote:
I think emotions are running pretty high on this thread.

The doctor would not have preformed the abortions if he had no reason not to. I don't know about you guys, but to me, the life of a viable human being trumps the life of a fetus. Would you like for the mother to die in a preventable childbirth when she could of survived just so it's easier on your conscience? Would you like for the mother to be an invalid for the rest of her life, just so she can have a baby that she does not want nor that she cannot take care of for the sake of your conscience?

The doctor did what he thought was medically necessary for the women (and one child); if it was to abort the fetus that otherwise would've caused serious complications for the mother, then yes, I agree with his decision to do so.
You don't have a clue what you're talking about. These "fetus'" were ready to be born at nine months. They weren't in the first tri-mester. The woman is giving birth to a child, be it alive or dead. It's the same size, shape, etc and they carried it for nine months, so the danger couldn't have been THAT high.

Again, this isn't an abortion thread. That's a whole different issue. This is about killing babies as they're born.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:39 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,301,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post
You don't have a clue what you're talking about. These "fetus'" were ready to be born at nine months. They weren't in the first tri-mester. The woman is giving birth to a child, be it alive or dead. It's the same size, shape, etc and they carried it for nine months, so the danger couldn't have been THAT high.

Again, this isn't an abortion thread. That's a whole different issue. This is about killing babies as they're born.
Sorry, you need to check your facts. "Late term" refers to fetuses 20 weeks and above. Full term is approximately 40 weeks. While a half-gestated fetus MAY be viable with heroic intervention, very few of them can actually survive, and most have severe problems due to early birth.

Old 03-28-2009, 11:20 PM

659 posts, read 1,087,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevcrawford View Post

Please, point out in the article where it said exactly that. Third trimester is the 28-40 weeks. If I remember correctly, I believe the fetus was aborted at 28 and 30 weeks.

This is what I mean when I say emotions run high on this thread. You can't have a rational discussion with people without having someone take it to the extreme.

Old 03-29-2009, 07:14 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,783,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Not murdering your child is vile and ponographic?
If you don't want an abortion, don't get one.

Government in my cha cha is gross.

Old 03-29-2009, 07:20 AM

4,145 posts, read 10,440,587 times
Quote:
Please, point out in the article where it said exactly that. Third trimester is the 28-40 weeks. If I remember correctly, I believe the fetus was aborted at 28 and 30 weeks.

This is what I mean when I say emotions run high on this thread. You can't have a rational discussion with people without having someone take it to the extreme.
Extreme is the constant argument brought up by pro-choicers saying that you can't ban abortion because what about the .00000000001% of abortions that are had by victims of incest or rape.

While those are tragic situations, they account for the VAST minority of procedures. By the left always throws that out to get emotion involved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies