Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 06:23 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Taper Tipoff? Bernanke Hints Easing End Is Nearing - Yahoo! Finance

Should be interesting to see how far it crashes when the spigot is totally shut off.
If our liberal leaders, continue to do what they are doing, we will totally crash....

I cannot believe they are making the decissions they are making, it is an insult to the American culture....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 06:28 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTHokieFan View Post
Taper Tipoff? Bernanke Hints Easing End Is Nearing - Yahoo! Finance

Should be interesting to see how far it crashes when the spigot is totally shut off.
The hypocrisy of many conservatives is a sight to be hold. When the stock market hits highs, they say nothing, when the stock market increases, they say nothing. When it goes down every single time for YEARS now they use that decline to declare the stock market is in a decline that will go on for a long time.

Again, these stock market doomsday predictors have been wrong for years yet never change their opinion.

Many of these same hypocrites do the exact same thing with the jobs reports, when it is a good report they say nothing, whenever it is a bad report they say this is the start of a long decline. These jobs doomsday predictors have been wrong for years, yet never change their opinion.

Old 06-21-2013, 06:51 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,621,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
The hypocrisy of many conservatives is a sight to be hold. When the stock market hits highs, they say nothing, when the stock market increases, they say nothing. When it goes down every single time for YEARS now they use that decline to declare the stock market is in a decline that will go on for a long time.

Again, these stock market doomsday predictors have been wrong for years yet never change their opinion.

Many of these same hypocrites do the exact same thing with the jobs reports, when it is a good report they say nothing, whenever it is a bad report they say this is the start of a long decline. These jobs doomsday predictors have been wrong for years, yet never change their opinion.

We haven't seen a decent job report for 6 years have we??? Get your head out of the sand-the economy has sucked for 5 years with no end in sight-Simply amazes me when the left cannot open their eyes.

Trust me I love the when the stock market is up...

Old 06-21-2013, 06:56 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
[/b]

We haven't seen a decent job report for 6 years have we??? Get your head out of the sand-the economy has sucked for 5 years with no end in sight-Simply amazes me when the left cannot open their eyes.

Trust me I love the when the stock market is up...
You are in fantasyland about the jobs reports. The economy is growing.

Yet, you have not addressed my main points, which is the hypocrisy of conservatives who predict doomsday at every bad jobs report of stock market decline, yet have been wrong for years.

Old 06-21-2013, 06:59 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
A handful of people pushed gold and that's less important than someone like Krugman pushing for more and more debt. Society isn't impacted in any way buy some guy wanting to buy gold.
The debt load is manageable - and in fact, as a percentage of GDP, the US debt has been MORE than this before (twice in fact). With the deficit falling rapidly and the economy growing again (and tax revenues rising) they debt will become less of an issue.

Ken

Old 06-21-2013, 07:10 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Well, Ken..................... you have been right about the market rise so far. I bailed at Dow 10,500. However, no man can predict the future. It will be interesting to see at what level the markets settle when the fed stops priming the pump.
Thanks for that.
Yes, the market took a hit. The "reason" was "firm talk about the ending of QE", but the fact is, it was simply time for a some retrenchment after the HUGE rise the markets' seen this year and once that's done (and that MAY be done now already - we'll see shortly) the rise will continue.

As I mentioned to another poster, the majority of the impact the end of QE has on the market will be DONE (and factored in to stock prices) by the time QE actually ends. As the saying in the market goes "buy on the rumor - sell on the news" (in this case it would be better phrased "sell on the rumor - buy on the news" since this is generally considered to be a "negative" rumor/news rather than a "positive" rumor/news).

Whatever that "end of QE" impact is, it's not going to be NEARLY as negative as a lot of you folks are expecting. Fears of that are wayyyyyyy overblown.

Ken

Old 06-21-2013, 07:15 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,621,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
You are in fantasyland about the jobs reports. The economy is growing.

Yet, you have not addressed my main points, which is the hypocrisy of conservatives who predict doomsday at every bad jobs report of stock market decline, yet have been wrong for years.

Yes with part time and retail jobs....get a grip..the rate we are going it will take 10.5 years to recover-I'm sure good ol Obamacare has something to do with this.

No it's more proof that the economy is not doing as well as you lefties believe...you don't find it odd that the stock market plunged when Bernanke hinted that we should ease the stimulus?

The apparent "increases" in the Stock market only reflect the devaluation of the dollar. By printing money it lowers the value of the dollar and gives a false impression that the value of stock has increased.

Old 06-21-2013, 12:49 PM

6,369 posts, read 6,410,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Thanks for that.
Yes, the market took a hit. The "reason" was "firm talk about the ending of QE", but the fact is, it was simply time for a some retrenchment after the HUGE rise the markets' seen this year and once that's done (and that MAY be done now already - we'll see shortly) the rise will continue.

As I mentioned to another poster, the majority of the impact the end of QE has on the market will be DONE (and factored in to stock prices) by the time QE actually ends. As the saying in the market goes "buy on the rumor - sell on the news" (in this case it would be better phrased "sell on the rumor - buy on the news" since this is generally considered to be a "negative" rumor/news rather than a "positive" rumor/news).

Whatever that "end of QE" impact is, it's not going to be NEARLY as negative as a lot of you folks are expecting. Fears of that are wayyyyyyy overblown.

Ken
Great perspective...grounded in history. I'm buying with both hands.

Old 06-21-2013, 01:33 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Great perspective...grounded in history. I'm buying with both hands.
Good choice with perspective ....

The Next Dip Is The One To Buy - Forbes

Old 06-21-2013, 02:15 PM

7,506 posts, read 5,753,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wytrvn View Post
The DOW is still up over 15% since the beginning of the year.
Until they stop pumping it up to the tune of 30 billion a month. Obama has paid his donors and handlers back by now. You liberals don't understand a thing about economics except its nice to take from the working class and give to the leeches.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies