Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 06:46 AM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Lots of people, including NBC, are leading with the fact that his job approval is also at a new low (42/51), but that’s less interesting to me than his favorable rating. Of course his job approval’s in the tank. How could it not be? He’s tangled up in the NSA dragnet again, he’s still smarting (as is the GOP) from public bitterness about the shutdown, and he’s got a five-alarm political fire on his hands from the dual failures of Healthcare.gov and the “if you like your plan” fiasco. This isn’t even the worst approval rating he’s had in polling lately: YouGov pegged him at 44/54 and last week Fox News had him at 41/53. He’s lucky he’s not below 40 percent. Yet.

His favorable rating is more significant to me because that’s not so much a measure of a politician’s performance as it is his likeability. You can think a guy’s doing a crappy job but still sympathize with him personally. O’s been underwater in WSJ/NBC’s job approval polling before — he had an especially bad stretch in late 2011 — but the public continued on balance to have a more favorable impression of him than an unfavorable one. They’ve been on his side, even when they’ve when they’ve been unhappy with the results. But not anymore:
Link: WSJ/NBC: For the first time, views of Obama are more unfavorable than favorable « Hot Air

The stunning part of this poll is that FOUR out of TEN Americans STILL approve of him. All you can do is shake your head and laugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2013, 06:49 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,944,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Link: WSJ/NBC: For the first time, views of Obama are more unfavorable than favorable « Hot Air

The stunning part of this poll is that FOUR out of TEN Americans STILL approve of him. All you can do is shake your head and laugh.
and how many of those 10 support the GOP you ask? ... TWO . 1 + 1 = GOP

Old 10-31-2013, 06:51 AM

20,054 posts, read 18,285,820 times
In before herpy derpy "Glad he's not running for a 3rd term" from neo-proggies.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:01 AM

23,561 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Plot out of a segal movie.... the propaganda machine pretends to 'destroy' obama and everyone thinks he's toast. then suddenly he arises, apparently immune from destruction and the laws of nature to appear as 'immortal' and take the breath away from opponent's false victory, leaving opponents feeling helpless int he face of such infinite power.

During obama's reign, when you see any 'numbers', consider them red flags. Obama has corrupted math, science, the english language and turned our watchdog media in his own personal lap dogs.

A movelty election has its consequences. Enjoy.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:11 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,054,282 times
It's not his fault, it's Bush's fault. Oops, I mean Ted Cruz's. Yeah, that's it.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
It's not his fault, it's Bush's fault. Oops, I mean Ted Cruz's. Yeah, that's it.
Ted Cruz is an idiot. The reason Ted's academic background is superior to Obama's is due to racism in the education system as well as it being a vast right wing conspiracy to fudge transcripts.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:16 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
is that it? i thought it would be lower

what's the house of representatives' approval rating? single digits?

Old 10-31-2013, 07:17 AM

Yes, the bipartisan Congressional level is pretty damn low.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:24 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,279,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post

No, it's not funny, it is absolutely frightening, that four out of ten American's still approve of him.
Four out of 10 american's fear admitting they are or were wrong, and will stand by this corrupt, inefficent way of doing business....that is what is scary.

My sister gets angry with me, b/c I told her, I am so disgusted with Washington, that I'm going in the voting booth on 2016 and voting INDEPENdent straight across the board...to send Washington a message that this is enough!!!! She said, if I do that, then I give Democrats my vote....

I'm a conservative, but I am no longer a republican...these guys in Washington, including the presidents, have become way to proud for their britches, and are completely disconnected and do not care what they are doing to the American people. Without the American people, they are nothing! It is OUR money they are corrupting, and our money that gives them their salaries....and to exempt themselves, from this ObamaCare disaster is ludacrist and speaks volumns.

President Bush was no Prize, but Obama is much worse and if there are still four out of 10 Americans that approve Obama...that makes me sick, those are people that shouldn't be voting.

I figured, when this so called Affordable Care act went thru, and started hitting people in their pocket books things would change but fast. People don't care, as long as they don't have to pay for it, but ObamaCare has proved different. And it's only going to get worse.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:29 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
it is absolutely frightening, that four out of ten American's still approve of him.

this ObamaCare disaster is ludacrist and speaks volumns.
lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies