Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2013, 09:36 AM

2,437 posts, read 3,852,117 times

Advertisements

Martin Luther King Jr. on NBC's Meet the Press in 1965

Martin Luther King Jr. on NBC's Meet the Press in 1965 - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 10:58 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,133,458 times
Great thread and video.

Funny. You hear people on here claiming all the time that protests are "silly."

Old 06-20-2013, 11:00 AM

122 posts, read 108,143 times
I have no interest in hearing what he had to say so what's this about?

Old 06-20-2013, 07:16 PM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilanarchist View Post
Why? Explain why you have no interest in what he had to say. How is he of any harm to you?

Old 06-20-2013, 07:18 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,065,499 times
Quote:
That being the case I feel no obligation or reason to explain it to you... no off with you there are fascist and white supremacist threads that need attending.

Old 06-20-2013, 07:24 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
Then get off the thread.

Old 06-20-2013, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Why? Explain why you have no interest in what he had to say. How is he of any harm to you?
He is of no harm anymore I have no interest because he was a fraud.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
That being the case I feel no obligation or reason to explain it to you... no off with you there are fascist and white supremacist threads that need attending.
Fine with me. Whine about my threads more. Sad you think Swedish women being assaulted by scum in her own country is white supremacist...you can go back to your propaganda.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Then get off the thread.
Nah.

Old 06-20-2013, 08:07 PM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
He is of no harm anymore I have no interest because he was a fraud.
He's a fraud, huh? Really? Then why did J. Edgar Hoover want to wiretap his phone? Why was he considered "a dangerous man"? Why was he subjected to character defamation so much? Why did so many people try to kill him before he was finally killed in 1968? And judging by the first part of your sentence, I have to wonder if you are happy that he's dead.

The way I see it, his work is important for me. I can vote, I can live anywhere I want, and have the same rights as anyone else in this nation, and Dr. King worked hard at making sure that would happen. Of course, I have to wonder what kind of America you would want, especially since if I had been alive in 1950, I wouldn't have had it so good.

Quote:
Fine with me. Whine about my threads more. Sad you think Swedish women being assaulted by scum in her own country is white supremacist...you can go back to your propaganda.
Actually, you posted something from a White supremacist site, and one in Swedish for that matter.

Old 06-20-2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
He's a fraud, huh? Really? Then why did J. Edgar Hoover want to wiretap his phone? Why was he considered "a dangerous man"? Why was he subjected to character defamation so much? Why did so many people try to kill him before he was finally killed in 1968? And judging by the first part of your sentence, I have to wonder if you are happy that he's dead.

The way I see it, his work is important for me. I can vote, I can live anywhere I want, and have the same rights as anyone else in this nation, and Dr. King worked hard at making sure that would happen. Of course, I have to wonder what kind of America you would want, especially since if I had been alive in 1950, I wouldn't have had it so good.

Actually, you posted something from a White supremacist site, and one in Swedish for that matter.
You don't think those things would have happened without him? Did ya know he was also a womanizer and communist sympathizer? He was the Al Sharpton/Jesse Jackson of his day...I didn't realize the website was a white supremacist one...looked normal to me but like ya said it was in Swedish I read the one article...

Old 06-20-2013, 08:19 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,663,697 times
Quote:
You don't think those things would have happened without him? Did ya know he was also a womanizer
Big freaking deal. Most men would be womanizers if they could.

I'd rather a Baptist preacher be a womanizer than a Catholic priest be a pedophile.

Quote:
and communist sympathizer?
You don't know that, and if he was, so the hell what?

Quote:
He was the Al Sharpton/Jesse Jackson of his day
Hardly.

Quote:
...I didn't realize the website was a white supremacist one...looked normal to me but like ya said it was in Swedish I read the one article...
Riiiiiiiight................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies