Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2013, 07:46 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Educate women. As women become educated and cease being breeding machines, fertility rates fall.
In some countries people first need to get past raping women.....or using/having children as pawns to fill their hate for the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2013, 08:10 AM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
How about we educate males to stop being breeding machines also?

Old 06-30-2013, 08:18 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How about we educate males to stop being breeding machines also?
Spreading your genes as much as you can is a human instinct for males. Of the 600000 years of human societal evolution, with disasters, it was common to have multiple children simply for the fact that children died more often.

What you are asking men to do is like asking a woman not to choose a wealthy millionaire husband. We evolved with that drive, many children, and for women a provider husband.

Simply isn't reasonable in this short a time frame. Hell my grandfathers were the youngest of 10+ children. My grandmother has 8 sisters.

You're asking for an evolutionary change in two generations? Seriously?

This is why we have contraceptives, because we know we can't stop people having sex, but we can limit the amount of pregnancies that happen because of sex.

We need religious leaders to stop living in the 14th century. Birth control helps the species that was made in your gods image

Old 06-30-2013, 08:42 AM

62,968 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
Spreading your genes as much as you can is a human instinct for males. Of the 600000 years of human societal evolution, with disasters, it was common to have multiple children simply for the fact that children died more often.

What you are asking men to do is like asking a woman not to choose a wealthy millionaire husband. We evolved with that drive, many children, and for women a provider husband.

Simply isn't reasonable in this short a time frame. Hell my grandfathers were the youngest of 10+ children. My grandmother has 8 sisters.

You're asking for an evolutionary change in two generations? Seriously?

This is why we have contraceptives, because we know we can't stop people having sex, but we can limit the amount of pregnancies that happen because of sex.

We need religious leaders to stop living in the 14th century. Birth control helps the species that was made in your gods image
You aren't understanding what I am saying. Both males and females need to educate themselves on having too many children especially if they can't care for them on their own. I am not suggesting that humans stop having children altogether just to breed responsibly. There is no comparison to today and the past. A lot of things were different back then.

Old 06-30-2013, 09:30 AM

Quote:
You aren't understanding what I am saying. Both males and females need to educate themselves on having too many children especially if they can't care for them on their own. I am not suggesting that humans stop having children altogether just to breed responsibly. There is no comparison to today and the past. A lot of things were different back then.
Elaborate on breed responsibly. Do you mean have less sex, less often, with fewer partners? If so then what I said applies, curbing sexual appetites is akin to ignoring all of your evolutionary drive.

If you mean safer sex, with contraception and being careful, then there are many people who don't do this because of their churches teachings.

Old 06-30-2013, 09:43 AM

15,093 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by belmont22 View Post
The problem is that urbanisation isn't really a solution because even though people have fewer children in cities the rise of urban capitalism is also leading to more wasteful lifestyles. Birth control is a choice as well, people with religious beliefs that prohibit or discourage it won't use it even if they are educated about its benefits. Also you can throw education at people but a lot of ignorance is willful too.

Birth rates are indeed declining because of the things you listed but not as quickly as was once believed. They're actually going up again in some countries too such as Russia and the UK. There's no guarantee they will continue to decline, especially if people start moving out of the cities again and the economy worsens in the Third World. Many of China's urban developments end up ghost towns.

It's almost inevitable that the world will have 10 billion people in less than fifty years. That's not a magic marker or anything but there seems to be little we can do to grow more food. One solution for water might be desalination through solar power. I don't think the situation is hopeless all I'm saying is that realistically speaking there is no way to significantly curb the world's population growth without resorting to Hitler-type cruelty. Something I'd be absolutely opposed to.
You're parroting globalist/elitist propaganda. There is NO overpopulation problem, but only a problem of distribution of resources to wit the globalists would prefer not to share with the commoners. Do you realize that the trillions of dollars handed out to the banker gangsters and the "too big to fails" just in the past 4 years would have been more than enough to ELIMINATE world poverty? The money spent on wars in just the past decade would have created vibrant economic prosperity across the globe?

The fact is, the vast majority of land mass remains uninhabited, with concentrated urban population centers providing only the illusion of overpopulation. And before you say it ... no ... we don't have a CO2 problem, or the other mind control mantra of dwindling"sustainable" resources and lack of "renewable" energy either. What we have is a war based global economy driven by war mongers, whose preeminence and dominance over the world is maintained by constant conflict, death and destruction.

So. the only real population problem we have is the top 1% .... get rid of them ... problem solved.

Old 06-30-2013, 09:50 AM

15,093 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
It's well known that in the most developed areas, population growth stabilizes naturally. Industrial and technologically developed countries have lower birth rates than third world countries, yet nothing is being done to bring development to the third world.

Here in the US ... the birth rates of immigrants, both legal and illegal exponentially outpace the general population ... the less educated and the not so brilliant are producing like rabbits, while the rest of us are actually seeing a population decline.

Soon, it will be the planet of the apes, and self correct .... if it is not already.

Old 06-30-2013, 10:21 AM

7,943 posts, read 17,256,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
It's well known that in the most developed areas, population growth stabilizes naturally. Industrial and technologically developed countries have lower birth rates than third world countries, yet nothing is being done to bring development to the third world.

Here in the US ... the birth rates of immigrants, both legal and illegal exponentially outpace the general population ... the less educated and the not so brilliant are producing like rabbits, while the rest of us are actually seeing a population decline.

Soon, it will be the planet of the apes, and self correct .... if it is not already.
Ever seen Idiocracy?

I think that movie was a self fulfilling prophecy. In our age, the intelligent are less likely to reproduce. Because of there intelligence, they are aware of things like overpopulation and choose not to reproduce. They also have successful careers which take away time and resources that could be spent on raising children. The dumb don't see it like that and they are still having multitudes of children. If you haven't seen Idiocracy you should see it.

Old 06-30-2013, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Ever seen Idiocracy?

I think that movie was a self fulfilling prophecy. In our age, the intelligent are less likely to reproduce. Because of there intelligence, they are aware of things like overpopulation and choose not to reproduce. They also have successful careers which take away time and resources that could be spent on raising children. The dumb don't see it like that and they are still having multitudes of children. If you haven't seen Idiocracy you should see it.
Yes, a comedy movie about a theoretical world where people become so dumb they can't take care of themselves.

But in reality, we will self correct our population through disease, famine, or natural disasters.

If none of those kill us off, we will find a way to do it to ourselves. We will either get off this planet, and end the overpopulation problem forever, or we will die out. Just that simple.

Old 06-30-2013, 10:41 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Ever seen Idiocracy?

We may be seeing that now --- the middle class is being torn apart, and the welfare class is fast growing in numbers, overtaking the taxpayers in births in many parts of the country.

The welfare types don't have the brains to wonder who will pay for all their welfare handout programs and when it happens, it's going to get real ugly.

You can have some poor and uneducated and unable to work, but when they exceed the working taxpaying class, problems will be enormous.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies