Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 02:23 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,457,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Discredit what? That the man just spoon fed you garbage and you ate it up? No one is forcing you to move to the suburbs, but I will be damned if I am gonna let the idiots in the suburbs consume any more of our country's farm land.
Obama and his criminal organization spoon feeds you garbage every day and you lap it up and ask for seconds, so I'd be careful what you say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 02:25 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yep, follow along sheeple...don't try to discredit it or even discuss it, maybe by proving it wrong....

Just scream as loud as you can with the most ignorant remarks...
Discredit what?

He didn't have anything concrete to talk about. He just blathered on with some evidence-free nonsense about making suburbs subsidize cities.

He's also written similar evidence-free nonsense, littered with references to "leftists" and Rev. Wright. He's a blowhard who gets paid to work at a right wing propaganda tank and spout nonsense that will outrage the terminally stupid.

What, exactly, is this problem with giving priority to projects in places where people actually live? Who is proposing forcing people into the cities? Oh right, no one, it's just a bunch of BS he made up.

Old 06-21-2013, 02:25 PM

15,896 posts, read 11,993,521 times
Quote:
Discredit what? That the man just spoon fed you garbage and you ate it up? No one is forcing you to move to the suburbs, but I will be damned if I am gonna let the idiots in the suburbs consume any more of our country's farm land.

Suburban sprawl is a pain in the a** for sure!!!! Perhaps the big cities could do better to keep people from moving out of them, and then there wouldn't be sprawl.

Old 06-21-2013, 02:26 PM

14,361 posts, read 9,792,731 times
It's fun watching unabashed hypocrites calling others "sheeple" for having the audacity to consider something contrary to their brand of propaganda. The thing about posting anything from FOX, it instantly goes into the "total garbage" box... even if it's the true.

Old 06-21-2013, 02:35 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Obama and his criminal organization spoon feeds you garbage every day and you lap it up and ask for seconds, so I'd be careful what you say.
Well when you get the chance to actually watch the video, you will realize the garbage you are trying to support.

Old 06-21-2013, 02:36 PM

28,901 posts, read 30,279,972 times
Quote:
Well if you believed anything you saw on that video, then I just did. Problem solved.
yup....

Old 06-21-2013, 02:37 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,193,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no1brownsfan View Post
Suburban sprawl is a pain in the a** for sure!!!! Perhaps the big cities could do better to keep people from moving out of them, and then there wouldn't be sprawl.
There are cities that have been successful with this, Portland, Oregon is the poster city for smart growth, protecting farm land, controlled sprawl growth, and inner city development. I always say the city isn't huge, but they use every bit of it, now if only more cities would follow in Portland's footsteps, but to do that would require massive limitations on suburban development and a reduction of how far out they can expand.

Old 06-21-2013, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post

well, we were warned what Obama would do, many times over....I didn't believe it at that time either, but the proof is in the pudding...
I watched a man on TV this morning, talking about moving out of the city due to so many schools closing....why? Because entitlements in our politics take first dibs...they foolishly spend our money...never ever thought it would get this bad, boy was I in denial...and he's got how many more years?

Old 06-21-2013, 02:40 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
There are cities that have been successful with this, Portland, Oregon is the poster city for smart growth, protecting farm land, controlled sprawl growth, and inner city development. I always say the city isn't huge, but they use every bit of it, now if only more cities would follow in Portland's footsteps, but to do that would require massive limitations on suburban development and a reduction of how far out they can expand.
And there's always a price to pay for it.
Smart cities is where those with money live..mostly the NIMBY crowd.

COL in Portland is 116 out of 100.

Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 06-25-2013 at 06:17 AM..

Old 06-21-2013, 02:42 PM

Quote:
successful or not, on one wants to be told where they can live...I was born and raised in a small farm town, and hated what happened to it, but you cannot blame people for moving out and wanting a better life for their children.....not to mention all the New Yorkers who moved into the Poconos, b/c it was cheaper....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies