Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2013, 08:18 PM

742 posts, read 678,678 times

Advertisements

Not it is not time. Nor is it time for a North American Union.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2013, 09:13 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
The liberty to shoot each other.
Nope - that is what criminals do - and no one has the liberty to engage in such reckless behavior.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:15 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Can we wait until Calgary is finished getting flooded off the map, it'll be cheaper to buy once the water goes down.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:25 PM
pdw

2,674 posts, read 3,096,099 times
There are almost no countries on Earth, I would want Canada to be less integrated with, than the USA.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:28 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,822,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumsen View Post
Isn't it time to repeal the U.S. and Canadian border yet? We share the longest and most peaceful border in the world.
It's time to also be able to move and work freely between those two nations without any need to obtain citizenship and green card just like EU nations.

Canada should be like a US State, and USA should be like a Canadian province, yet still different nations.

Why is it you freaky people just LOVE the "citizens of the world" nonsense? Tell me something... Since you OBVIOUSLY fantasize about this utopian fantasy, SURELY you wouldn't mind living under Sharia law, or would you?

You see the thing about your delusional "citizens of the world" nonsense is someone will ALWAYS try to be the boss and they will rule in ways you certainly won't like. Why is it you communism romantics can't ever see the harsh reality that goes with your utopian delusions?

Don't we have enough trouble just trying to maintain our own country? Now you want to go and throw other countries into the mix?

I wonder if instead of hitting on a bong while living in mom's basement, you actually tried taking part of reality... getting a job, working at buying a home, having a family, etc., you might learn a little. Because while this country is going to hell in a hand basket, it still is the closest thing to liberty in the world... and turning it into a free for all will NOT make it better.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:30 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,822,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
We need the border to prevent the United States from being infected with liberalism from Canada.

We already have enough liberal elements to deal with here - so it makes sense to provide some mechanism of quarantine.

I could see me warming up to that idea... quarantining the leftists.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:45 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,580,750 times
Quote:
We need the border to prevent the United States from being infected with liberalism from Canada.

We already have enough liberal elements to deal with here - so it makes sense to provide some mechanism of quarantine.
You know how badly your porous border with Mexico has hurt the USA?
A porous border with the USA would be the ultimate disaster for Canada and by the way, it will NEVER happen!

Old 06-21-2013, 10:00 PM

2,159 posts, read 2,812,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
I could see me warming up to that idea... quarantining the leftists.
Your lefties are a tad conservative for me. We have enough of our own conservative voters. Keep your version of lefties.

Old 06-21-2013, 10:47 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,327,358 times
Quote:
Americans love liberty - and the Second Amendment is the guarantor of liberty.

Without it, the rest of the constitution is virtually meaningless.
Keep your liberty and your second amendment on your side of the border. That goes double for your Republicans. Thank you.

American woman, stay away from me
American women, mama let me be
Don't come hangin' around my door
I don't wanna see your face no more
I don't need your war machine
I don't need your ghetto scenes
Coloured lights can hypnotize
Sparkle someone else's eyes
Now woman, I said stay away
American woman, listen what I say.

Old 06-21-2013, 10:53 PM

10,564 posts, read 12,822,450 times
Up until recently you could cross from Canada into the states quickly and easily with no questions asked...Then after the 9 11 panic...We Canadians actually need a passport to get in. What was an open border is no longer open as it once was. There is only one thing that I feel apprehensive about if the border was actually non-existent - would be the flood of illegal immigrants coming north...We do not have the millions of illegals that you have- Our illegals number only in the thousands.. The other thing is criminality and gun importation. We never had much of a gun problem until only in the last decade...All of our illegal fire arms as shipped from you to us....America would have to provide some security services that would guarantee that the movement of arms into Canada would be severely curtailed...Other than that- I don't have a problem with a united Canada and America...Just don't bring in Mexico.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies