Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2007, 04:17 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,266,450 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
Personally, I have absolutely no sympathy for any of the individuals who put Bush into office.
Once again (with feeling) I have never known a person who cast their vote for Bush who was seeking sympathy.

But I do have empathy for those individuals who are incapable of getting over it!

Old 11-23-2007, 04:32 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,633,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeabeeBolt View Post
Personally I like the bumper sticker that says (I Didn't Vote For The Idiots). And no, I don't have sympathy for thoughs who voted for him. But things ara what they are, and we all have to live with it and try to make better choices next time around.
For all of those people that think he's so great and this dirty oil war is needed. I say all children no matter who you are, only child or not, males and females, no matter what your religion says and especially All immigrants must serve in a war zone, in the MILITARY. Then we'll see how many fine Bush lovers change their tunes.
So what does the word WAR stand for anyway, W-we, A-are, R-right? Obviously they think it does up there in the White House.
I was once told that Bush is a God fearing man. Well he had better be fearing God, right now. Because, for anyone to be makeing a big profit like he and his cabinet and cronies are by the blood of others. Well, you figure out the rest.
Unless you get 5 deferments like Dick Cheney He is the elite, so it is God's will, and right for him to get special treatment.

[sarcasm]

Old 11-23-2007, 04:59 PM

788 posts, read 2,113,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saganista View Post
You have a point. These right-wingers have been so consistently wrong and misguided about things that saying I Told You So! that many times over might simply become tiresome after a while. But I fear that the search for rational debate may be a futile endeavor. If that were possible, we wouldn't have gotten ourselves nearly so much into the I Told You So! situation as we have...
True, but I think that having a rational debate is still more productive because those on the other side of the fence can either choose to have a rational debate, or they become defensive and resort to name calling. Saying "I told you so" just angers people and makes them even more closed to rational reasoning than before

Old 11-23-2007, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I doubt anyone who voted for Bush wants Sympathy and I don't get being proud of not voting for him, instead if everone is so upset why were people not marching in the streets to impeach him? There lies the problem, people will cry and whine but do nothing to change things.
Do you remember when Bush and cronies called those who opposed the war in Iraq and his policies unpatriotic? I do. Maybe a lot of people who have been opposed all along feel vindicated. I guess those of us who didn't go with the flow of mass thought can finally say that we are, in fact patriots, without anyone yelling in our faces that we're unamerican.

Old 11-23-2007, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bily4 View Post
In his mind he is combo John Wayne/Clint Eastwood/Sylvester Stallone. Outside of this mind he is a skinny little white guy that sounds like his speeches were prepared for a second grader. Therein lies the disconnect.
Haha. That made me think of an idea. I think that Bush should go on "Are you smarter than a fifth grader?"

I think that maybe that show should be a litmus test for potential presidential candidates. Maybe instead of being nominated by a party, candidates should be able to honestly say they know more than a 5th grader to even get on the ballot (that way we wouldn't have to hear any more inane speeches while candidates are running). Maybe if candidates could prove that they're not morons, we'd have some more thoughtful leadership.

On the other hand, evil+smart=scary. Ok, maybe it's better if they're as uneducated as Bush obviously is. At least some of us can plainly see his idiocy then.

Old 11-23-2007, 05:17 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,378,495 times
I think Bush was already on "Are you smarter than John Kerry?" And he proved that he is.

So why are you saying such devastating things about the junior Senator from Massachusetts?

Old 11-23-2007, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
I think Bush was already on "Are you smarter than John Kerry?" And he proved that he is.

So why are you saying such devastating things about the junior Senator from Massachusetts?
That made no sense. I'm not a fan of Kerry either, but winning an election does not prove that a candidate is smarter. It just means that he has more money and has more people who know how to put a spin on reality.

Old 11-23-2007, 05:23 PM

14,492 posts, read 26,633,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artliquide View Post
Haha. That made me think of an idea. I think that Bush should go on "Are you smarter than a fifth grader?"

I think that maybe that show should be a litmus test for potential presidential candidates. Maybe instead of being nominated by a party, candidates should be able to honestly say they know more than a 5th grader to even get on the ballot (that way we wouldn't have to hear any more inane speeches while candidates are running). Maybe if candidates could prove that they're not morons, we'd have some more thoughtful leadership.

On the other hand, evil+smart=scary. Ok, maybe it's better if they're as uneducated as Bush obviously is. At least some of us can plainly see his idiocy then.

Doing cocaine while at Yale must have interfered with his retention of grammar. Oh well at least Daddy paid for his college. I had to pay my own way, actually studied in college.

He never worked for one thing he has; we need a Pres. who worked his way up....

Old 11-23-2007, 05:30 PM

2,970 posts, read 2,266,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post

. . . . Oh well at least Daddy paid for his college. I had to pay my own way, actually studied in college.

He never worked for one thing he has; we need a Pres. who worked his way up....
It's amazing that people resent others because of money. Class envy at work.

Old 11-23-2007, 05:35 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,378,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artliquide View Post
That made no sense. I'm not a fan of Kerry either, but winning an election does not prove that a candidate is smarter. It just means that he has more money and has more people who know how to put a spin on reality.
Oh, okay. Its just that your examples made Bush out to be such a patently idiotic buffoon, that it seems amazing that he would receive more votes than any other Presidential candidate in the history of the Repulbic.

Maybe most of the voters are intellectually inferior to 5th graders...?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies