Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 11:16 PM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
History has shown society always needs a punching bag.
Bingo.

Blacks, gays, Jews, Irish, Mexicans, whatever. A lot of people aren't happy unless they're dumping on someone else.

Old 06-24-2013, 11:18 PM

8,346 posts, read 7,045,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
There are no opponents of gay rights. No one is "losing" This is not a contest. Why would you suggest that there are opponents of gay rights...Firstly they have always had the same rights of everyone else...If there are opponents they oppose being dominated by some small special interest group... This is a lot to do about nothing..>Who would appose a homosexual who wanted to do something> People really don't care- You are not any more important than anyone else- get over yourself.

If this was true, then there wouldn't be any opposition to gay marriage.

However, some people are idiots, therefore they feel they have to oppose the measure.

Old 06-24-2013, 11:48 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
You couldn't be more wrong. On the other hand, there is no logical reason whatsoever to oppose same sex marriage or be disgusted by homosexuality that isn't born of ignorance, bigotry, fear, hatred, or some combination thereof. Not a one.

"The functional relationship between disease and disgust manifests in many ways. Sensory cues that most clearly connote proximity to infectious pathogens are especially likely to arouse disgust; disgust is also evoked by behaviors that violate normative expectations in behavioral domains that are functionally associated with disease transmission (e.g., food preparation, personal hygiene, sexual interaction; for a review, see Oaten et al., 2009). In addition, disgust responses appear to be calibrated to basic principles of contagion, such as the role of physical contact in the spread of disease (Rozin, Millman, & Nemeroff, 1986)."

http://us.yhs4.search.yahoo.com/r/_y...erPark2011.pdf

As for same-sex marriage, my limited tolerance for cognitive dissonance prevents be from accepting that both homosexuality and heterosexuality are equally natural and equally normal at the same time. To think declaring two men or two women married changes the nature of their union is wholly disconnected from reality.

Old 06-24-2013, 11:57 PM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post

My behavioral immune system is my business, and since I was born with it and cannot change, you should be tolerant of my innate disgust with abnormal sexual practices and the people who engage in them.
Nope.

I am not tolerant of people who are ignorant and prejudiced against members of the LGBT community. No one should be tolerant of Nazis who hate Jews or KKK members who hate African-Americans.

Bigots are bigots.

Gay people have made wonderful and important contributions to society, particularly doing things like winning gold medals for the US at the Olympics, getting elected to high public office or serving with distinction in the armed forces.

I'm sorry you choose to wallow in the darkness of your uneducated biases and intolerance.

Old 06-25-2013, 12:13 AM

22,632 posts, read 14,945,990 times
Quote:
The reason why supporters of the homosexual agenda have adopted the "act-up" style of protest is because there really are no logical arguments for homosexuality or attempts to normalize it through legislation, court action, or otherwise.
If there are no "logical" arguments for homosexuality than why is the LGBT rights movement advancing so steadily not only in the US but throughout much of the world? Because of "act-up" style of protest? I don't think so. Au contraire, I think advocates for LGBT rights have made many very credible arguments from the points of view of sociology, anthropology, psychology, human history and dozens of other fields of scientific study. The opponents have been backed into the corner with only their religious doctrines and dogmas to justify their prejudices.

Old 06-25-2013, 12:21 AM

7,541 posts, read 6,272,509 times
Quote:
Nature has developed positive norms that result in the procreation and betterment of the species.
tell that to the dolphins, giraffes, monkeys, and whole lot of other animals.

Quote:
Homosexuality contributes nothing to this process.
absolutely 100% false.

Old 06-25-2013, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Legalizing interracial marriage made it legal.
and it shouldn't have been illegal in the first place.

Quote:
Marriage between one man and one woman has always been normal.
wrong.

marriage was once between one man and many women.
marriage was once between a solider and his captive (against her will)(
marriage was once between a slave owner and his slaves

so what was exactly normal ?

Old 06-25-2013, 12:27 AM

Quote:

As for same-sex marriage, my limited tolerance for cognitive dissonance prevents be from accepting that both homosexuality and heterosexuality are equally natural and equally normal at the same time. To think declaring two men or two women married changes the nature of their union is wholly disconnected from reality.
nothing in that report is remotely related to homosexuality.

sorry but "your disgust" of what heterosexual do in greater numbers than homosexuals do, is NOT OUR problem. that is something that yOU have to learn to over come, and IS NO valid reason to deny same sex marriages

as for homosexual marriage, its coming, so its best that you quickly learn to accept it.

Old 06-25-2013, 07:51 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,387,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
In the early days of gay liberation they also marched with Nambla which is an organization that wants to have sex with young boys.. the gays separated from them in order to get more acceptance.. next the gays will again march with Nambla... one step at a time for acceptance.
Far more likely that straight married religious men will 'march with Nambla' considering they make up the majority of child molesters in the USA.

Old 07-03-2013, 01:15 AM

316 posts, read 214,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
Yes really. Canada has had same sex marriage on their books for nearly a decade. HAs the world ended?

Only to closed minded bigots.

by law yes it does have to be taken seriously (in states that recognize same sex marriages). Sorry if you find that making medical decisions on behalf of your spouse, a joke.

and your bigotry is hysterical.

Only to closed minded bigots.

And they have the same rights as you. They earned the right to get married by just being born. The same as you.

For what? wanting equality for everyone?

oh lookee, the gay basher is floundering.
Marriage isn't a right. It's a privilege. Besides we are only talking about less than 5% of the population. Has anyonen heard Of NAMBLA? National Men Boy Love Association of America. They want to lower age of consent in America. The Center for Disease Control gives interesting facts on homosexuality and they are far from right wing.
Speaking of logistics, all this push for rights only supports a small percentage of the population. In school, we learned the majority always has control. Say If you are the only Christian in a group of Jews, who is going to have more control over things? I think this country has more pressing issues but yet these fringe groups including religious ones keep pushing their issues first.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies