Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 07:45 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,118,301 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
The whole point is that facts prove that contrary to what we have been told by the invertigatile committee, the IRS did not single out conservative groups, but attacked liberal groups the same way. The whole committee needs to be hauled out and be investigated themselves.
LIE.. The IRS ADMITS that conservative groups were targeted for delaying of their issuance of tax exempt status. Liberal groups were "audited" AFTER THE status was granted, which actually is the JOB of the IRS

We know this because THE IRS ADMITS IT.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:54 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
It would be nice to know, but since Issa decided to investigate the harrassment of conservative groups ONLY, we do not know.
His investigation was based on the report of the IG who has a lot of explaining to do and if liberal groups were targeted as well surely people in the IRS that testified would have been aware of it. Why is it they never mentioned liberal groups were on these lists too? That makes absolutely no sense, it's almost as if they are hiding it... What other explanation is there?

I don't know what stinks but something does, this raises more questions than it answers.

Old 06-26-2013, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
His investigation was based on the report of the IG who has a lot of explaining to do and if liberal groups were targeted as well surely people in the IRS that testified would have been aware of it. Why is it they never mentioned liberal groups were on these lists too? That makes absolutely no sense, it's almost as if they are hiding it... What other explanation is there?

I don't know what stinks but something does, this raises more questions than it answers.
The reason of course is because they werent targeted. The IRS responds that progressive groups were "audited", and these liberals want to pretend that auditing (which is the job of the IRS) and not issuing a tax ID is the same thing.

Its not even close.

Either these people are being so dishonest that they are trying to change the subject which makes them liars, or they are completely ignorant about the tax code, which would make them dumb..

Old 06-26-2013, 07:59 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
Why is it they never mentioned liberal groups were on these lists too? That makes absolutely no sense, it's almost as if they are hiding it... What other explanation is there?
The investigation was about conservative gropus, and if you are asked questions about conservative groups, then you answer questions about conservative groups.

Quote:
The whole investigation was nothing but a political circus, that's what stinks.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:02 AM

Quote:
The investigation was about conservative gropus, and if you are asked questions about conservative groups, then you answer questions about conservative groups.

The whole investigation was nothing but a political circus, that's what stinks.
Then why apologize?

Old 06-26-2013, 08:03 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
the IRS did not single out conservative groups, but attacked liberal groups the same way.
They can only go by what people have testified too and the IG report and we have yet to see that liberal groups were attacked the same way.

I asked the question before, how many liberals groups got bounced around for years if they were singled out on this list? If it's shown that liberal groups on this list were still skating through this process we've gone from something that can be explained as a mistake to something that cannot. It would also certainly explain what we have not heard this yet from those that testified.

As I said this raises more questions than it answers.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:05 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Then why apologize?
I have not heard Issa aplogize yet, but I think he will be forced to do so soon.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:06 AM

Quote:
I have not heard Issa aplogize yet, but I think he will be forced to do so soon.
You know dam well we're talking about the IRS, who DID apologize...

Old 06-26-2013, 08:07 AM

Quote:
The whole point is that facts prove that contrary to what we have been told by the invertigatile committee, the IRS did not single out conservative groups, but attacked liberal groups the same way. The whole committee needs to be hauled out and be investigated themselves.
LIE LIE LIE.. the conservative groups were attacked PRIOR to issuance of their tax IDs.. liberal groups were among EVERYONE, who was AUDITED AFTER THE FACT.

Thats not even close to the same thing..

Old 06-26-2013, 08:10 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,978,162 times
Quote:
Why was Issa investigating ONLY the targeting of conservative groups? If the invetigators themselves prove to be more corrupt than the people they investigate, then I'll tell you we got some serious problems.

IRS screened liberals? 'Progressive' and 'Occupy' targeted too, says new IRS chief - CSMonitor.com)

IRS screened liberals? 'Progressive' and 'Occupy' targeted too, says new IRS chief

IRS screening of groups seeking tax-exempt status was broader and lasted longer than has been previously disclosed, the new head of the agency acknowledged Monday.

The Internal Revenue Service's screening of groups seeking tax-exempt status was broader and lasted longer than has been previously disclosed, the new head of the agency acknowledged Monday. Terms including "Israel," ''Progressive" and "Occupy" were used by agency workers to help pick groups for closer examination, according to an internal IRS document obtained by The Associated Press.

The IRS has been under fire since last month after admitting it targeted tea party and other conservative groups that wanted the tax-exempt designation for tough examinations. While investigators have said that agency screening for those groups had stopped in May 2012, Monday's revelations made it clear that screening for other kinds of organizations continued until earlier this month, when the agency's new chief, Danny Werfel, says he discovered it and ordered it halted.
1. Prove it. Where are these groups that were targeted? None, other than the pro-Israel group that I know of.
2. Was their application delayed?
3. Were their applications sent on to DC?

Important questions to ask.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies