Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 01:42 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
Our government thought him a terrorist.
Yes, and Democratic President Carter not a hero against South Africa did introduce some tougher sanctions against the government.

conservative demi-god R. Reagan lifted those sanctions. He supported the racist south african regime against the ANC and thought more highly of the racist south african regime then he did Mr. Mandela.

Again, based on history that was an embarrassingly bad choice and was conservative thought regarding Nelson Mandela.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-26-2013, 01:46 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
conservatives hated Nelson Mandela and were on the side of the white supremacists in South Africa.

Their conservative hero R. Reagan labeled Nelson Mandela a terrorist. Now of course that they were proven wrong by reality, conservatives don't learn to question their jacked up ideology that would lead them to label one of the greatest fighters for freedom as a terrorist and would lead them to support the racist white supremacist apartheid South Africa regime, nah conservatives just pretend they have always loved Mr. Mandela, just like they pretend they always loved Martin Luther King.
I have read this persistent rumor before and have been unable to locate a citation for it. Do you have one?

Old 06-26-2013, 01:49 PM

4,112 posts, read 4,475,445 times
Quote:
You are free to offer your opinion, but it is meaningless to me.
Wait,then why are you asking for them?

Old 06-26-2013, 01:53 PM

1,728 posts, read 1,778,165 times
Do you still beat your wife?

Old 06-26-2013, 01:57 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,113,905 times
I'm not a Conservative, but...... greatest shirt collection in history?

Old 06-26-2013, 01:58 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,231,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Since he's already making headlines, his legacy is going to be politicized some way or another, so I want to ask what conservatives think of him?
I liked him quite a bit for what he endured and overcame. I was very respectful of his tribulations. Right up until I saw the special where he and many South Africans were singing a song about killing the white man.......imagine if we started singing songs about killing the black man....how do you suppose that would be received by the African races?

NOT good.

Up until then I had all the respect for him. While this song was traditional, it was way out of touch and place. Especially in a country that has to try absolutely everything to keep the peace amongst it's own.

Understand the history, bad choice of hymns/songs to sing. I don't hate him and I'm sorry to see he is about to go. I would like to believe he is leaving this world with his heart in the right place for everyone but, this was poorly timed.

Still respect what he endured. How can you not?

Old 06-26-2013, 04:39 PM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times
This is how I see this. Apartheid was basically a terrorist government.

Old 06-26-2013, 05:35 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,743,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Since he's already making headlines, his legacy is going to be politicized some way or another, so I want to ask what conservatives think of him?
A communist who lead a bombing campaign the killed at at least 500 people,
when they arrested him this is what they found on the ranch he was at

(210,000 hand grenades, 48,000 anti-personnel mines, 1,500 time devices, 144 tons of ammonia nitrate, 21.6 tons of aluminum powder and a ton of black powder)

who was white washed by the leftist media, who destroyed South Africa by importing people from other African nations to create a massive permanent underclass, a voting majority of an underclass that will always vote for the leftest who disarm, and steal the wealth of the those who worked for it, who created a 1st world nation on a 3rd world continent, and reduced it to crime ridden, poverty stricken, lawless, politically correct gulag.

this man will stand before almighty god for his crimes and actions...and history will remember him for all he destroyed, bombed, and butchered.

Old 06-26-2013, 05:37 PM

Quote:
conservatives hated Nelson Mandela and were on the side of the white supremacists in South Africa.

Their conservative hero R. Reagan labeled Nelson Mandela a terrorist. Now of course that they were proven wrong by reality, conservatives don't learn to question their jacked up ideology that would lead them to label one of the greatest fighters for freedom as a terrorist and would lead them to support the racist white supremacist apartheid South Africa regime, nah conservatives just pretend they have always loved Mr. Mandela, just like they pretend they always loved Martin Luther King.
he was a terrorist, why was he in prison? what did he do to be sentenced? any one who stands up to you leftist is a racist or a white supremacists...all you have is fear and name calling.

Old 06-26-2013, 05:40 PM

Quote:
I don't care what you think of Mr. Mandela. They were fighting an unjust government. A brutally racist government.

Again Nelson Mandela was modern South Africa's founding father.

Yet conservative hero R. Reagan labeled him a terrorist and a communist. This view was 100% wrong. Did he advocate violence when he was elected President? No

Did he institute a communist economy? No

Did he encourage discrimination against those racist whites who benefitted and used brutal racism against black South Africans? No.

In a word, reality showed that Mr. Mandela was the exact opposite of the opinion of conservative demi-god R. Reagan. It proves that the conservative hatred for N. Mandela came from the same place that lead them to lift sanctions that Carter had enacted against the S. African government actively support the racist south african regime.
It does not alter the fact that is what has happened..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies