Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2013, 03:15 AM

109 posts, read 239,310 times

Advertisements

What is up with the mentality? People go crazy when a 20 something guy like me doesn't support the gay movement as if it is absolutely required for anyone under 30 to succumb to the gay influence. Like people in their 20's and under don't have a choice to make up their mind. It's like everytime the gays are handing out fliers around town, they make sure to give one to people in their 20's and below like, "you're young you MUST support us", dude get the *** out of my face. My college campus is also flooded with this too. It's like the gay movement is trying to monopolize the views of my generation by trying to create the image that resistance to the gay agenda is an "old person" thing. 20's something men and women have to be down with this, really? Being young in the midst of this gay agenda is TOUGH, the pressure, the influence,it's just gets too much sometimes. Sometimes it feels overwhelming. Older people don't know what we're going through. Some of us young people just want to be left alone and they KEEP bothering us relentlessly.

Old 06-27-2013, 03:30 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,942,602 times
Tell them to shove it up their ass, no pun intended. You're a free individual, you can believe whatever you want to believe in

Old 06-27-2013, 03:37 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,204,998 times
Same sex marriage is the law of the land now whether we like it or not, and I don't. It will take a different Supreme Court to reverse this decision just like it did with the Dred Scot decision. Might as well accept that we have lost this battle and get used to the new Gay America. More court action will just burn up money and ultimately lose after this SCOTUS debacle. It's over.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Same sex marriage is the law of the land now whether we like it or not, and I don't. It will take a different Supreme Court to reverse this decision just like it did with the Dred Scot decision. Might as well accept that we have lost this battle and get used to the new Gay America. More court action will just burn up money and ultimately lose after this SCOTUS debacle. It's over.
I knew the SCOTUS was going to rule in favor of the people suing Prop 8, one way or another. As far as it stands, the court basically ruled that states can pick if they want gay marriage or not, and that to prevent the overturning of such laws, the state simply has to not defend it. But, yes, even though I'm against gay marriage, I'm also realistic in that gay marriage will be legal in all 50 states (or more than 50 in the future) within the next 20-30 years or so, barring a SCOTUS decision that unilaterally legalizes gay marriage in the entire US à la Canada

Old 06-27-2013, 04:12 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,038,973 times
Bid is right. What the court did was basically nationalize gay marriage. States that have an amendment against it arent safe anymore, all it takes is a liberal governor to over turn what they may have in place now.

Its over. The media onslaught of gay propaganda has won it out. If anyone speaks out that they dont have glowing views of homosexuality, let alone gay marriage, is destroyed if you have noticed. The younger generation has been brought up to believe nearly anything and everything is A ok and you shouldn't dare not accept it.

Good for you though for not succumbing, but sadly most other in your generation are lost sheep. Now the only question left.....whats next? It wont be tomorrow or next year, but eventually there will be a push to normalize something else. I dont think I even want to know. I'm still shocked really that the disgusting, abnormal acts of homosexuality has now become viewed as normal and great. My has this society fallen.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:17 AM

27,145 posts, read 15,327,118 times
We were warned of "good will be called bad and bad called good".

Here it is.

Old 06-27-2013, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Bid is right. What the court did was basically nationalize gay marriage. States that have an amendment against it arent safe anymore, all it takes is a liberal governor to over turn what they may have in place now.

Its over. The media onslaught of gay propaganda has won it out. If anyone speaks out that they dont have glowing views of homosexuality, let alone gay marriage, is destroyed if you have noticed. The younger generation has been brought up to believe nearly anything and everything is A ok and you shouldn't dare not accept it.

Good for you though for not succumbing, but sadly most other in your generation are lost sheep. Now the only question left.....whats next? It wont be tomorrow or next year, but eventually there will be a push to normalize something else. I dont think I even want to know. I'm still shocked really that the disgusting, abnormal acts of homosexuality has now become viewed as normal and great. My has this society fallen.

This is just a repeat of history. Societies get morally decadent as time goes on, then falls, and the people rediscover their morality at some point

Old 06-27-2013, 04:33 AM

4,320 posts, read 4,208,951 times
Pressure to comply with the "party-line" has become greater, and it will get worse. As in the past, it will be the 20s year olds that will overthrow whatever we will become.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:09 AM

5,189 posts, read 5,337,550 times
I'm sorry the OP fears succumbing to the "gay influence."

And, of course, the "gay agenda" is nothing more than the hope for equality.

We should remember a couple of facts:

There is not one single reason whatsoever to oppose same sex marriage or be offended, threatened or disgusted by homosexuality that doesn't arise from fear, hate, bigotry, ignorance, or some combinaiton of those things. Not one.

To preclude adult consensual couples from marrying based solely on their gender is the very definition of discrimination and bigotry.

Old 06-27-2013, 05:17 AM

45,233 posts, read 26,457,645 times
What exactly are "gay rights"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies