Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2013, 10:00 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I felt so devestated, so betrayes, when I hear they Passed the Amnesty bill yesterday and when I saw the votes, I was even more devestated, actually shocked that they threw us all under the bus.
Just cannot believe, our representatives would do this to America? All I can do is sit and shake my head in disgust, which now even more then ever, proves to me, that Washington Is most certain corrupt and incapable of running Washington and our country.

I'd have never believed they would have rushed this Amnesty bill through like this, just to pass it, before they specifically looked at a Bill to close down our boarders, and to rejuvinate our illegal immigration system first, making certain that all our T's were crossed and our i's were dotted.

Incompetence and disgusting...that they did this to us? They sold us out....slapped us in the face, and I can't help but think, what the heck else are they going to do to us...all for political power and to heck with the citizens of the U.S., who cares about them....

disgust and betrayal...

Don't worry, the House has already said it's dead in the water as far as they're concerned.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2013, 10:12 AM

1,922 posts, read 2,778,970 times
more laws on the books that will be mostly ignored and selectively enforced.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:02 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
It was only the Senate, right? From what I understand, the House is preparing their own bill.
Yes, the house is in process of slapping on the pork.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:18 AM

2,540 posts, read 2,756,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
Boehner says he won't bring the bill up on the floor. Yes, they are preparing their own version of the bill. So, maybe, there's still hope.
Hope for what? If the House will prepare its own version of the bill, then that means it's still an "immigration reform" aka amnesty bill. Why don't they come up with a no-amnesty bill instead?

Old 06-28-2013, 11:19 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, the house is in process of slapping on the pork.
evidence to support this?
I have no doubt that they will, but I am hoping that they actually put some real teeth in this bill.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:21 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justme305 View Post
Hope for what? If the House will prepare its own version of the bill, then that means it's still an "immigration reform" aka amnesty bill. Why don't they come up with a no-amnesty bill instead?
We can hope that they will. We can hope that at least a little common sense will prevail.

Old 06-28-2013, 11:31 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I recall when this topic had its own thread herein. This person was brought into this country as an infant, and has done well here as a law-abiding person. It is no threat to me or my living if he is allowed to practice law (I would think he would specialize in immigration law).

I have noticed that the 'idle' feel the most threatened, for reasons I can't fathom, by the thought of some people (such as the man in the article) obtaining citizenship status. The more idle and lazy, the more threatened they feel.
So what? We should reward his parents for violating our immigration laws by allowing their son to remain here? I don't think so! Where is you proof that it is only the idle and lazy that feel threatened by illegal immigration? Spin, much? I am neither of those things and most Americans that I know of that are opposed to this mess are not either. If someone can't find a job or has been replaced by an illegal for cheap profit that makes them idle and lazy? Please stop the spin.

Old 06-28-2013, 01:24 PM

50,298 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I recall when this topic had its own thread herein. This person was brought into this country as an infant, and has done well here as a law-abiding person. It is no threat to me or my living if he is allowed to practice law (I would think he would specialize in immigration law).

I have noticed that the 'idle' feel the most threatened, for reasons I can't fathom, by the thought of some people (such as the man in the article) obtaining citizenship status. The more idle and lazy, the more threatened they feel.
Regardless how idle, lazy, ignorant someone is we still lose thousands of troops a year defending those US Citizens.

Old 06-28-2013, 01:41 PM

28,896 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Bottom line, I don't understand why it is soooo hard to get this?

secure the boarder, tightly, then reform the illegal immigrants bill...get them all to do their fair share, by becoming legal citizens and if not and they are caught, they are deported.

They pay taxes like everyone else, and if they are working they cannot collect welfare.

I saw a talk show last evening, and one woman said, in school they are teaching the illegal immigrant children, how to take advantage of the system, can you imagine, so in they're little minds, breaking the law means nothing..... they are told to go home and share this information with they're parents....and WE have to pay for this????????

I don't know about any of you, but this disgusts me....especially when I think of my grand parents, who came over on a boat, that ran out of food b/c they hit storms...when they got here, my nana told me, there was a woman selling pies, and my nana sat on a street corner and ate the whole pie, b/c she was so hungry. She told me how happy they were to have had the opportunity to be here, and how hard it was to learn the language, but they did...they started they're own business, and did very well for themselves...and became legal citizens. She said, "What a priviledge it is to be living in the U.S."

Old 06-28-2013, 02:30 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Bottom line, I don't understand why it is soooo hard to get this?

secure the boarder, tightly, then reform the illegal immigrants bill...get them all to do their fair share, by becoming legal citizens and if not and they are caught, they are deported.

They pay taxes like everyone else, and if they are working they cannot collect welfare.

I saw a talk show last evening, and one woman said, in school they are teaching the illegal immigrant children, how to take advantage of the system, can you imagine, so in they're little minds, breaking the law means nothing..... they are told to go home and share this information with they're parents....and WE have to pay for this????????

I don't know about any of you, but this disgusts me....especially when I think of my grand parents, who came over on a boat, that ran out of food b/c they hit storms...when they got here, my nana told me, there was a woman selling pies, and my nana sat on a street corner and ate the whole pie, b/c she was so hungry. She told me how happy they were to have had the opportunity to be here, and how hard it was to learn the language, but they did...they started they're own business, and did very well for themselves...and became legal citizens. She said, "What a priviledge it is to be living in the U.S."
It really is a privilege and we see that because millions want to come here. You don't see them breaking out, as they tried to do from the Soviet Union, or East Germany. They're breaking in!

The President said that this is no longer an exceptional country, but they're proving him wrong. It is and always will be.

I think these illegals have a different mindset. They are survivors, and do not think that breaking a law is a big deal to get what they want especially as they think they're not hurting anyone in the process. And, especially as they see that nothing happens to those that do break our laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies