Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Why do poor women choose to have kids they can't take care of?
Biological drive to have kids. 6 17.14%
They know the state will pick up the tab so they are unconcerned with the consequences. 20 57.14%
Mental issue. 7 20.00%
Something else. 12 34.29%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 08:05 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,259,799 times

Advertisements

So I just found out that this girl I know through my friend is pregnant again. Normally this would be a "who cares" event, but she is already on medicaid and (I believe) food stamps. I don't think she is doing it to eat "steak and lobster" like so many posters seem to believe, though I suppose you could easily make the argument that since she doesn't pay the full cost she is less concerned with the consequences.

What could possess a woman to have another kid when they can't even take care of one? Is it biological or mental or what? She doesn't believe in abortion even though she isn't religious, so there is that, but she doesn't care if she can afford a kid either. It just seems selfish to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2013, 08:07 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,749,139 times
because they have sex with idiots. not really a mystery. it has nothing to do with "education" or "access" to contraception. if these idiots had a condom in their pocket, they wouldn't use it. why? because condoms suck. everyone knows that.

744 posts, read 1,091,385 times
Lack of higher education.

9,659 posts, read 10,225,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
So I just found out that this girl I know through my friend is pregnant again. Normally this would be a "who cares" event, but she is already on medicaid and (I believe) food stamps. I don't think she is doing it to eat "steak and lobster" like so many posters seem to believe, though I suppose you could easily make the argument that since she doesn't pay the full cost she is less concerned with the consequences.

What could possess a woman to have another kid when they can't even take care of one? Is it biological or mental or what? She doesn't believe in abortion even though she isn't religious, so there is that, but she doesn't care if she can afford a kid either. It just seems selfish to me.
Maybe it's because they are less career focused than the women which set aside child-bearing in pursuit of careers that make them less poor?

Old 06-29-2013, 08:09 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,154,895 times
Because many women live in areas of the country where having kids is encouraged and "what you do" as a woman in her twenties. Others have borderline personalities.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:09 AM

6,073 posts, read 4,749,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan83 View Post
I am pretty sure I was about 8 when I found out about what got girls pregnant. do you really think that if you told the human filth that these "poor" women bang had more "education" they'd act more responsibly?

Old 06-29-2013, 08:10 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,519,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evan83 View Post
That, and a continuing belief (despite ALL the odds) that this one will be different. That the man will stay with her, love her, help her raise the child.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:10 AM

744 posts, read 1,091,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
I am pretty sure I was about 8 when I found out about what got girls pregnant. do you really think that if you told the human filth that these "poor" women bang had more "education" they'd act more responsibly?
Okay. You have a point. You summed it up nicely with "because they have sex with idiots".

Old 06-29-2013, 08:11 AM

9,659 posts, read 10,225,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
That, and a continuing belief (despite ALL the odds) that this one will be different. That the man will stay with her, love her, help her raise the child.
Some men do...

...Not in my case, though.

Old 06-29-2013, 08:11 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,259,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
because they have sex with idiots. not really a mystery. it has nothing to do with "education" or "access" to contraception. if these idiots had a condom in their pocket, they wouldn't use it. why? because condoms suck. everyone knows that.
This seems plausible, I don't think she has ever used BC pills, but it doesn't explain the why behind having kids you can't afford.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies