Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 01:36 PM

2,743 posts, read 14,296,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
hey teens. I am going to give you all the sex education you will ever need and it doesn't cost $100 million federal dollars. if you don't want a baby, at least pull out. if you don't want STD's, wear a condom. that's it. see how easy that was? didn't cost a dime of tax payer dollar.
Yeah except that it's ineffective to tell someone to pull out since it's well known that this is NOT an effective birth control method. What is this, 1950?

Guess we get what we pay for!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 02:06 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,852,058 times
I said at least pull out. not sure if you knew this, but it's also free to tell someone to wear a condom. not sure if you knew that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fierce_flawless View Post
Yeah except that it's ineffective to tell someone to pull out since it's well known that this is NOT an effective birth control method. What is this, 1950?

Guess we get what we pay for!

Old 07-25-2008, 02:43 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,567,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
if you don't want a baby, at least pull out.
Oh my god, I can see you never got the proper sex education. That's one of the oldest urban legends of all time, along w/jumping up & down.

Old 07-25-2008, 04:30 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,468,904 times
So what changed between the 30's 40's and 50's to now that allows or lets children think they can have sex freely?

What were the numbers of teenage births back then?

Was it womens lib, BC, abortions.... What now has changed so much that makes everyone feel it's okay to have sex....

It's rhetorical no need to answer.

Old 07-25-2008, 10:01 PM

1,233 posts, read 2,826,078 times
Had an abstinence-only program at my school this past year. The stuff they kept spouting sounded kind of false, so I decided to actually do some homework. Turns out that all the so-called facts they claimed they were pulling out of the CDC weren't even facts, nor were they from the CDC. When I brought that to their attention, one of the women got all flustered and upset and kept asking why I was trying to put down their program...

Fear mongering's kind of lame.

Old 07-25-2008, 10:03 PM

Okay so if the pill and abortion are working in your favor why do teen births increase every single year.......per capita...

Old 07-25-2008, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
Okay so if the pill and abortion are working in your favor why do teen births increase every single year.......per capita...
Most kids are discouraged from talking about sex with their busy parents. The Pill is unavailable either because they don't have insurance or because they're extremely uncomfortable talking about sex with their parents, and a lot of states have laws in place where teenagers can't get abortions unless their parents are either there, are notified, or they give consent for the girl to have the abortion.

Old 07-25-2008, 10:10 PM

So then what....

That seems more like an excuse last I looked just about any female can go to a local clinic or hospital and receive something as preventive since pro abortion started. You can even get freely tested for STD's.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by emi__ View Post
Most kids are discouraged from talking about sex with their busy parents.
Who's doing that?

Quote:
The Pill is unavailable either because they don't have insurance or because they're extremely uncomfortable talking about sex with their parents, and a lot of states have laws in place where teenagers can't get abortions unless their parents are either there, are notified, or they give consent for the girl to have the abortion.
Imagine that....so young irresponsible teenagers can't make even more irrational decisions on their own?

Old 07-25-2008, 10:15 PM

It's called being embarassed. I can't imagine how mortifying it must be to randomly go into a clinic and ask for an HIV test, or get a treatment for chlamydia or something. Not to mention that a lot of times, STDs can go without symptoms.

Old 07-25-2008, 10:27 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,224,166 times
Quote:
Most kids are discouraged from talking about sex with their busy parents. The Pill is unavailable either because they don't have insurance or because they're extremely uncomfortable talking about sex with their parents, and a lot of states have laws in place where teenagers can't get abortions unless their parents are either there, are notified, or they give consent for the girl to have the abortion.
Hmmm more like parents are intentionally kept out of the loop. Lets face the facts. Kids think about sex. Boys would sell their souls and walk a thousand miles if they thought they would get laid in the end. Thats reality.
Good parents do their best to teach kids to wait until marrage or atleast until they are old enough to manage the consequences. Parents hope for the best...
What goes wrong is a combination of hormones, and public acceptance of the occasional oops.
We try to teach our daughters that easy girls are popular for the moment but most respectable boys don't want to hook up with an easy girl let alone marry one. Who wants to marry a woman everyone else has been with? We try to teach our daughters that boys who want to much are bad boys and will only hurt them. Reality society still tends to look at the girl in a more harsh light than the boy who owns half of the accident.
We try to teach our sons that to be a gentleman and wait is a virtue. Reality no boy wants to be the only one who never scored. Thats just how it is.
Add to this programs that hand out birth control products and don't have to inform the parents. This not only undermines the parents authority it is also enabling. To be sure there will always be easy girls. products of poor parenting and there will always be bad boys who will push until they get what they want. We should not become enablers.
I agree with states who have laws that requires the parent be informed. Parents have to deal with teen pregnancy of their children, STD's etc. How can I work on fixing a problem if I am denied knowledge that it exists?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies