Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 09:34 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,385,313 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post
He provided the exact quotes with names, until you do the same, your post is fiction.

Obama is a globalist ineligible Marxist puppet. HAARP can control the weather and cause irreparable harm to our atmosphere. Homosexuals cannot reproduce by nature (they are a tool for population control), fluoride does not belong in your water, HAARP can cause earthquakes on command. signed claudhopper.
"We hold these truths to be self-evident"- Thomas Jefferson, a.k.a. Nonarchist

Old 06-29-2013, 09:39 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,568,283 times
One of my favorite memes is the guy with the tinfoil hat where it says, "It's a conspiracy! Brought to you by the interwebs."

Old 06-29-2013, 10:10 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
What an insulting little twirp your post is. I am on my own side. at least I am not the rust on the shed floor as you seem to be.
I didn't realize a post could be a "twirp," lady.

I guess that would make your posts, "dullards," er, "dullerds."

Old 06-29-2013, 10:21 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,884,016 times
Quote:
Hillary is spelled with 2 ll's.
..and a K...! The proper spelling is Killary....

Old 06-29-2013, 10:24 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,385,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
..and a K...! The proper spelling is Killary....
"Killary was here"

Libya, Bengazi, etc.

Old 06-29-2013, 11:35 PM

7,506 posts, read 5,753,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhcom View Post
“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.” - Samuel Adams

“The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws.” – Tacitus

“When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty.” – Thomas Jefferson

“Perfect safety is not the purpose of government. What we want from government is to enforce the law to protect our liberties. The government does not need to know more about what we are doing. We need to know more about what the government is doing. We need to turn the cameras on the police and on the government, not the other way around. We should be thankful for writers like Glenn Greenwald, who broke last week’s story, for taking risks to let us know what the government is doing. There are calls for the persecution of Greenwald and the other whistle-blowers and reporters. They should be defended, as their work defends our freedom.” – Ron Paul

“This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears he is a protector.” - Plato

“A great wave of oppressive tyranny isn't going to strike, but rather a slow seepage of oppressive laws and regulations from within will sink the American dream of liberty”
-George Baumler

“Withholding information is the essence of tyranny. Control of the flow of information is the tool of the dictatorship.”
― Bruce Coville

“What are the present governments of Europe, but a scene of iniquity and oppression? What is that of England? Do not its own inhabitants say, It is a market where every man has his price, and where corruption is common traffic, at the expense of a deluded people? No wonder, then, that the French Revolution is traduced.”
― Thomas Paine,

“We just can't trust the American people to make those types of choices.... Government has to make those choices for people.”
― Hilary Rodham Clinton

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms (of government) those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny”
-Thomas Jefferson

It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong.”
-Voltaire

“Government is not reason, it is not eloquence, it is force; like fire, a troublesome servant and a fearful master. Never for a moment should it be left to irresponsible action.”
-George Washington

“Whenever you have efficient government, you have a dictatorship”
-Harry S Truman
You had your hat on when you wrote this didn't you Junior?

Old 06-30-2013, 09:36 AM

3,740 posts, read 3,071,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
I didn't realize a post could be a "twirp," lady.

I guess that would make your posts, "dullards," er, "dullerds."
You're correct - it was the author I was really referring to. Most people get that. Sorry you didn't.

Old 06-30-2013, 10:01 AM

15,095 posts, read 8,636,857 times
Quote:
Hillary is spelled with 2 ll's.

I don't think this makes sense, gov't is not efficient in any way, shape of form. We have a dictatorship now, and it's never been more inefficient.

“Whenever you have efficient government, you have a dictatorship”
-Harry S Truman
Actually, my friend ... government is highly efficient .... it's just a matter of perception and what one considers "efficiency".

I think you're falling victim to the concept of efficiency=common good, economic prosperity and peace. In that sense, you'd be correct .. government couldn't be any less efficient if these were it's goals. However, if it's goals are death and destruction ... fomenting hate and discontent ... polarizing populations and establishing chaos as the rule ... instigating endless war .... raping and pillaging every national economy .... and producing a uniform hopelessness across the planet .... I would say that their "efficiency" knows no historical equivalent.

Old 06-30-2013, 10:20 AM

18,161 posts, read 15,632,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
Actually, my friend ... government is highly efficient .... it's just a matter of perception and what one considers "efficiency".

I think you're falling victim to the concept of efficiency=common good, economic prosperity and peace. In that sense, you'd be correct .. government couldn't be any less efficient if these were it's goals. However, if it's goals are death and destruction ... fomenting hate and discontent ... polarizing populations and establishing chaos as the rule ... instigating endless war .... raping and pillaging every national economy .... and producing a uniform hopelessness across the planet .... I would say that their "efficiency" knows no historical equivalent.
Ahhhh...what a refreshing missive! :-) Bear in mind, however, that the chaos and lack of prosperity and security, we currently enjoy, brought to you courtesy of government, are the same things that government proposes to save us from. If we can just see our way clear to give them more power iver us, to do so.

Hamstrung as government is, by niggling little things like the Constitution, how can we expect them to help us? All we need do is stand aside, quit worrying, and let them have the reins. Take heart, that they can ride that horse till it drops, and when it does, food for all! Lol

Old 06-30-2013, 10:31 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,566,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post

yes, but is that what Truman meant when he said it?
Statists view people as the problem, and gov't as the solution to all it's ills. More curtailment of freedom is the cure. Gov't hates us for our freedoms. A militarized state will keep em in line. We are mongrels that require obedience training and should be kept on leash at all times. Violators will be sent to shelters (camps) or put down.

a couple funny stories in the news today, depending on your point of view.
Garages are not areas to socialize in, they are for cars.
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...00030/-1/rss23

Dear Abby:
closet smoker: my husband nags me when he catches me smoking, and says if I don't quit he'll divorce me.
Abby - quit, it's not good for you and annoys other people!
http://www.theitem.com/lifestyles/de...9073e7922.html

Last edited by claudhopper; 06-30-2013 at 10:47 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies