Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 11:29 AM

1,637 posts, read 1,882,197 times

Advertisements

government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation.”
Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf

Kinda like "It's all about the children, or if it only saves one kid". You liberals are a dangerous bunch long term!

Old 06-30-2013, 11:50 AM

1,090 posts, read 1,595,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyjohnny38 View Post
government is perceived as working for the benefit of the children, the people will happily endure almost any curtailment of liberty and almost any deprivation.”
Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf

Kinda like "It's all about the children, or if it only saves one kid". You liberals are a dangerous bunch long term!

Old 06-30-2013, 11:57 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,947,399 times
Quote:
Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf

My children were reared not to judge someone for reading Mein Kampf, the Qur'an, Playboy or what ever they wish too.

Old 06-30-2013, 12:07 PM

46,973 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
My children were reared not to judge someone for reading Mein Kampf, the Qur'an, Playboy or what ever they wish too.
Well, nobody in this thread read Mein Kampf, because the quote doesn't appear in there. Smittyjohnny has been had.

Old 06-30-2013, 01:07 PM

50,828 posts, read 36,527,673 times
Is it only me who doesn't understand this thread? Do conservatives hate children now? Does this post make sense to other people?

Old 06-30-2013, 01:11 PM

6,137 posts, read 4,863,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Well, nobody in this thread read Mein Kampf, because the quote doesn't appear in there. Smittyjohnny has been had.
Quote:
It depends on the particular translation and publication. This is the Reynal and and Hitchcock publication (which I prefer because it is pre-war), but the quote in question has apparently been cited from the Manheim translation of 1943. Unless a chapter reference is given, I cannot verify myself the existence of this quote. The discussion below, however, smacks of some truth, as I readily recognize the first part, while the second half sounds uncharacteristic
Talk:Mein Kampf - Wikiquote

-

Edit - Nevermind, looked into it some more, you are correct.

Old 06-30-2013, 01:16 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,790,095 times
Quote:
Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf

Says the man quoting Mein Kampf (available on a website called "goodreads.com" for Pete's sake)...

Wow!

Old 06-30-2013, 01:21 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
Is it only me who doesn't understand this thread? Do conservatives hate children now? Does this post make sense to other people?
Seems to me the OP suffers the delusion that Hitler was a liberal, or has been into the liquor cabinet.

Old 06-30-2013, 01:24 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,947,399 times
Quote:
Adolf Hitler, Mein Kampf

That's OK smitty...you can have a mulligan. So long as you dont advocate burnning children in gas ovens...we are cool.

lets not remand those that suffered so much to a tag line...

Liberals as crappy as we can be, I dont think would wish this on anyone.

Old 06-30-2013, 01:46 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Even back in the early 60s in the very socially conservative Pittsburgh area, we were encouraged to read Mein Kampf!

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Seems to me the OP suffers the delusion that Hitler was a liberal, or has been into the liquor cabinet.
He just wants to compare liberals to Hitler. Cheap trick!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies