Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2013, 02:52 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,787,918 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
So not a good idea defending the distribution of 7 billion dollars of our money to parties unknown for an unworthy cause.
If you got the idea that I was defending the action, I wasn't. I was speculating because someone asked why he would do that, and the answers that some were providing were unsatisfactory to me.

I figured his action was a cause for his legacy in Africa, and a cause for economic competition. I also, figured that, if called on it, he would defend it as an investment with much more benefit to this nation than the cost. Of course, I can't read his mind, so it is pure speculation.

I don't support or reject the action until I get more information, but I am worried about the inroads China has been making in markets all over the planet while we have been preoccupied with war and economic turmoil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2013, 02:53 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Obama's legacy aside , tell us working stiffs how taking money from us and gifting it to an african crony improves our lives.
We've been trying to tell the left this. Our poor are rich compared to 3rd world countries and Obama wants to take from us working stiffs to give to other countries. Watch, he's going to come after us for a tax increase.

Old 06-30-2013, 03:00 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
We've been trying to tell the left this. Our poor are rich compared to 3rd world countries and Obama wants to take from us working stiffs to give to other countries. Watch, he's going to come after us for a tax increase.
This is not unique to Obama. Most recent presidents played the same game. Don't be ignorant of the facts. Telling the left anything doesn't mean much when the right is just as much to blame.

Old 06-30-2013, 03:04 PM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geofra View Post
If you got the idea that I was defending the action, I wasn't. I was speculating because someone asked why he would do that, and the answers that some were providing were unsatisfactory to me.

I figured his action was a cause for his legacy in Africa, and a cause for economic competition. I also, figured that, if called on it, he would defend it as an investment with much more benefit to this nation than the cost. Of course, I can't read his mind, so it is pure speculation.

I don't support or reject the action until I get more information, but I am worried about the inroads China has been making in markets all over the planet while we have been preoccupied with war and economic turmoil.
You have been all along:
Quote:
The President is making up for what he didn't do in his first term compared to what his two predecessors did for Africa in their administrations.

An African-American president ignoring Africa is not good legacy.
Quote:
China has been making deals in Africa and the US has not with any fervor until this week. It's hard to say how much American advantage the Chinese have chopped away because the Administration has ignored the region.

Losing Africa to China is also not a good thing to include in his library.
and shame on you for doing so as people struggle here in the states

Old 06-30-2013, 03:09 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,734,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
This is not unique to Obama. Most recent presidents played the same game. Don't be ignorant of the facts. Telling the left anything doesn't mean much when the right is just as much to blame.

Obama has done nothing but raise the middle class piggy banks and now he is giving it away to other countries. How about Democrats advertising Welfare in Mexico, yea buddy, come to the U.S. and we will buy your food, a roof over your head, bla bla bla BUT you MUST VOTE DEMOCRAT.

Old 06-30-2013, 03:17 PM

4,272 posts, read 3,787,918 times
Quote:
You have been all along:

and shame on you for doing so as people struggle here in the states
You call that a defense?

Old 06-30-2013, 03:23 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Obama has done nothing but raise the middle class piggy banks and now he is giving it away to other countries. How about Democrats advertising Welfare in Mexico, yea buddy, come to the U.S. and we will buy your food, a roof over your head, bla bla bla BUT you MUST VOTE DEMOCRAT.
Similar to what other presidents have done. It shouldn't be that surprising. You should keep that in mind but you must vote democrat.

Old 06-30-2013, 03:29 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,858,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Meanwhile he is following through on his promise to make our bills skyrocket in the old USofA. What a leader.

(CNN) -- U.S. President Barack Obama pledged $7 billion Sunday to help combat frequent power blackouts in sub-Saharan Africa.
Funds from the initiative, dubbed Power Africa, will be distributed over the next five years. Obama made the announcement during his trip to South Africa, the continent's biggest economy.
"Access to electricity is fundamental to opportunity in this age. It's the light that children study by, the energy that allows an idea to be transformed into a real business. It's the lifeline for families to meet their most basic needs, and it's the connection that's needed to plug Africa into the grid of the global economy," he said.

Obama pledges $7 billion to upgrade power in Africa - CNN.com
Wow! This stuff is waaaaay over your head, huh?

Old 06-30-2013, 04:19 PM

7,931 posts, read 9,156,295 times
Guess his relatives in Kenya want some AC in their hut. Will make it more comfortable when Obama goes back home to visit,lol.

Old 06-30-2013, 04:36 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,005,733 times
Quote:
My guess is that they're thinking that nurturing overseas markets will return much more than $7 billion.

You're way out in left field aren't you?

We need their business and they need ours. War kind of disrupts that, you see?
How is that way out in left field? We are preparing to get casualties out, special forces casualties. That means what exactly to you? This isn't some training excercise. Your war monger hero is just charging FOREWARD it appears.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies