Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2013, 06:12 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,073,168 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetgraphics View Post
Participants in FICA, as "Contributors," have pledged their persons and property as a surety on the public debt.
Oh boy.... SovCit insanity. Just what was needed to improve this thread.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2013, 06:24 AM

2,817 posts, read 3,460,417 times
I am sure you can find doctors to remove them for you. but that really is not a bad idea. you can only make so much. I will sell my appendix.

Old 07-03-2013, 06:34 AM

1,331 posts, read 1,986,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
Pro-abortion people use the "it's my body" excuse for killing a baby, why can't I use "my body" to enrich my family by selling organs to the highest bidder?

Get rid of the donor waiting list....give people the option to donate or sell.
Sure, why not?
Shouldn't be ANYBODY'S business what I do with my body.

Old 07-03-2013, 06:44 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,724,200 times
Quote:
Pro-abortion people use the "it's my body" excuse for killing a baby, why can't I use "my body" to enrich my family by selling organs to the highest bidder?.
i didn't know that you couldn't.

i agree with you. i think the world would be a better place if some people just cut their losses and donated their organs to someone else.

Old 07-03-2013, 11:47 AM

6,795 posts, read 7,286,310 times
Quote:
Pro-abortion people use the "it's my body" excuse for killing a baby, why can't I use "my body" to enrich my family by selling organs to the highest bidder?

Simple, it is not your body. If it were suicide would be legal. You are a subject of the government who owns you and your body.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:00 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,730,846 times
Quote:

Because our organs are necessary in some way to our survival, whereas a fetal cluster of cells is not necessary for our survival, and in fact, CAN AND OFTEN DOES KILL. Which is why I'm not planning to have any kids.

Old 07-03-2013, 12:32 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,525,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Because our organs are necessary in some way to our survival, whereas a fetal cluster of cells is not necessary for our survival, and in fact, CAN AND OFTEN DOES KILL. Which is why I'm not planning to have any kids.
But those cells are necessary to the survival of the future baby, child, adult ... if only it were allowed to grow up.

Can I use the same logic and say YOU are not necessary for MY survival so, therefore, I can do what I want with you if I deem you to be inconvenient to me?

It's my life to do with as I please. You don't have the right to tell me what to do with my life any more than I have the right to tell you what to do with yours. I believe this right extends to all humans no matter how small. The only time abortion is justifiable is to save the life of the mother. Then it's a choice between lives not killing one for the convenience of the other.

And pregnancy rarely kills. You have a 99.985% chance of surviving a pregnancy and delivery. If the stats I just googled are correct, you are twice as likely to die after an abortion but rates are low there too as that means you have a 99.97% chance of surviving an abortion.

Last edited by Ivorytickler; 07-03-2013 at 12:40 PM..

Old 07-03-2013, 01:55 PM

20,892 posts, read 16,073,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
But those cells are necessary to the survival of the future baby, child, adult ... if only it were allowed to grow up.
When it becomes an actual baby. child, adult you may have a point. Until then, not so much.

Old 07-03-2013, 02:55 PM

24,868 posts, read 24,380,865 times
I remember a story a few years back where parents had another child just so they could get a liver for their 3 year old.

What's the difference. I'm sure they love both kids, but should that have been illegal?

The argument against abortion would have made this act illegal. Surely the baby should have been allowed a say in whether they wanted this to be done.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:03 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,730,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post

Can I use the same logic and say YOU are not necessary for MY survival so, therefore, I can do what I want with you if I deem you to be inconvenient to me?

It's my life to do with as I please. You don't have the right to tell me what to do with my life any more than I have the right to tell you what to do with yours. I believe this right extends to all humans no matter how small. The only time abortion is justifiable is to save the life of the mother. Then it's a choice between lives not killing one for the convenience of the other.

And pregnancy rarely kills. You have a 99.985% chance of surviving a pregnancy and delivery. If the stats I just googled are correct, you are twice as likely to die after an abortion but rates are low there too as that means you have a 99.97% chance of surviving an abortion.
Wow, you must think I was telling you what to do. I don't care what you do. I was stating what I will do, which is have no kids, thank goodness, thank God (whichever one anyone believes in), or thank the wind.

Cells are necessary for WHAT? Spilled semen is as much a missed opportunity for that child to be born. SO WHAT? SO WHAT?

As for pregnancy, pregnancy takes a toll on a woman's body, whether or not you're in denial (and I frankly could care less how much in denial you are). It can threaten her life in countless ways, one very common one is pre-eclampsia. It totally yanks her skin into a size and shape that looks clownish and never returns to its original state, unless one has beaucoup money to visit the local plastic surgeon. It moves organs out of the way, widens the bones of the pelvis and hips, can leave women with urinary and fecal incontinence from the mass movement inside, it causes her breasts to drag and sag, it depletes calcium and other necessary minerals and vitamins from her body (for ex., my sister's teeth were left in a sorry-ass state after her 3rd pregnancy, and that was confirmed by her dentist, her OB-GYN, and her PCP), the radical hormonal changes can cause hair to fall out and not regrow, or regrow less strongly, and cause thousands of other bad, permanent, and horrific changes on a woman's body. Me? Subject myself to that sh*t? No way. It's horrific. Why would I even do that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies