Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 08:29 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,436,224 times

Advertisements

5-year-old shoots, kills self after mother locks her in home | theGrio

I'm sure that this 5-year old is the normal and expected target for weapons being stored in the home for self-defense. For every 1 you find a story about a random burglary turned back, we have 5 children who's home has been successfully defended against their presence.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2013, 08:38 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post

I'm sure that this 5-year old is the normal and expected target for weapons being stored in the home for self-defense. For every 1 you find a story about a random burglary turned back, we have 5 children who's home has been successfully defended against their presence.
You are just spewing BS. The total number of children under 14 is less than 100 a year while self-defense is in the hundreds of thousands to millions. In fact, swimming pools murder far more children than firearms.

Firearms - Injury Statistics and Incidence Rates | CHOP | The Children's Hospital of Philadelphia
http://www.cdc.gov/homeandrecreation...factsheet.html

This is same as that careless parents left their children in locked cars and they died due to exposure to high heat.

I am of the opinion that the parents of the death children should be charged with manslaughter due to negligence at least regardless it's firearm related or not.

Old 07-05-2013, 08:42 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,738 times
Say, did any of you happen to see one of your brethren concede last night on this very forum that the Constitution does not guarantee you the right to use a firearm to defend yourself?

Old 07-05-2013, 08:43 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,372,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Say, did any of you happen to see one of your brethren concede last night on this very forum that the Constitution does not guarantee you the right to use a firearm to defend yourself?
No, but so what? He would be wrong, just like liberals are every time they open their mouths.

Old 07-05-2013, 08:44 AM

19,029 posts, read 14,213,258 times
Remember, you cannot enforce a totalitarian police state when people are armed. It is imperative for the collectivist predators to disarm their prey before moving forward.

Do not shy away from using any argument, motherhood, "it's for the children!" or pity to trick the people into surrendering their firearms.

Armed people can not be compelled to comply with collectivism "for their own good." Only a disarmed people will be compliant.

Demand disarmament NOW !

==================
"We love you, Big Brother!"
s/ Winston Smith

Old 07-05-2013, 08:52 AM

4,088 posts, read 4,389,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post

If gun owners ever do lose their right to bear arms, it will be due to their own stupidity, not any efforts by us "libruls".

At least an arrest was made in this incident. That doesn't always seem to be the case. I get the feeling the prevailing sentiment in Gun Country is that the occasional loss of a child by firearms negligence is just part of the price of freedom

Old 07-05-2013, 09:13 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,628,324 times
Here lies logical rational thought brutally murdered in this thread by various assailants with an agenda. RIP.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:20 AM

5,261 posts, read 4,156,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Here lies logical rational thought brutally murdered in this thread by various assailants with an agenda. RIP.
If only we could clone people like you with no agendas. People with no agendas make the world go round. I love people with no agendas. I once tried to marry a woman with no agenda, but she didn't like my agenda. Or maybe it was my gender, I'm not entirely sure.

Old 07-05-2013, 09:21 AM

46,307 posts, read 27,117,053 times
Sad the child died, what is more sad is that, just as the OP, they (the left) are using this to push an agenda.

First, this was not a responsible gun owner, do not lump all gun owners in this catagory, she was not responsible and she is getting everything she deserves.

Second, what kind of mother leaves her 5 year old alone anywhere. Are you going to lump all mothers into this catagory, because she left her child, so all mothers are going to do this?

Old 07-05-2013, 09:26 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,645,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post

And some think the right to bear arms, just means a gun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies