Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2013, 01:13 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyNTexas View Post
And that differs from how the current mafia now in control operates in some material way?

The reality is, there is no such thing as private property ownership in this country for the common man. The Billionaire Elitist who can afford his own private security, and who owns the politicians who make the laws can and do own their own property ... but not you. That's just the illusion to which the American children have been taught to believe. If you doubt that, just stop ... or find yourself unfortunate enough to not be able to afford your property tax bill, and you will be rudely informed of exactly who REALLY owns your property ... it ain't you, I guaran-damn-tee you that.

You are nothing more than a caretaker of that property you're squatting on. The real owners have simply agreed to allow you some equity share in return for your stewardship of their land ... that is, when they aren't creating and bursting real estate bubbles and destroying that equity, transferring jobs overseas and crashing economies and foreclosing on "your" property.

I'm really surprised at how few actually understand this rather transparent, in your face game of monty scheme. It's really simple ... if you owe a payment for something ... a reoccurring payment that never goes away and can never be paid in full .... YOU DON'T OWN IT. How freaking hard is that to grasp really? Seriously!!! What part of this very basic, fundamental fact escapes so man people. If you have a mortgage on your home .... who really owns it? The mortgage holder ... of course. But when you pay off the mortgage, do you then own it? No ... you have a perpetual mortgage that never goes away and can never be paid in full, called "property taxes". You will never own anything that has a mandatory tax attached to it ... including your own time and labor ... they own you too.
Not only are 30 year mortgages bad enough...the state has been doing a bang up job leveraging inheritances with reverse mortgages.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2013, 01:28 PM

6,940 posts, read 9,681,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDusr View Post
If you want to call legal definitions semantics. You seem to be completely denying municipal corps, which are everywhere. Just citing the USPS is completely erroneous. Your statement in bold is a personal one. The entire planet operates in commerce and plenty of entities understand this. You appear to have drank the superficial kool-aid.

I asked about your knowledge of CAFRs because as an actual "public" example of municipal accounting you can see all the finances, including assets, revenues and business activities and not budget info.

The whole reason budgets, and rainy day funds are the only thing talked about in headlines is deliberate. It is so you don't notice the actual books, showing the income. Which btw I have looked at many CAFRs and have yet to actually see a fund called "rainy day", but I have seen tons of others, including the senator haircare fund, which is also invested.

If you really want to learn, I suggest you look for local ones, including your city, county and state. Commingled Funds are also important. They are online everywhere. Though some places are more transparent than others about the total money.
CAFR resource book: Govt 1% lie, hide surplus trillions from 99%

For example the govt is controlling shareholder in JPM, GS et al, which in turn control 80% of global wealth.
Revealed – the capitalist network that runs the world - physics-math ...

There are quite a few supreme court rulings that make it clear the fed govt is a municipal corp, also. Here is just one.
The District of Columbia v. Henry E. Woodbury, 136 U.S. 472 (1890)

Again

We're debating semantics. Government is intended to serve the common good. Corporations are intended to earn profits. Yes, corps are necessary in a modernized society, but the sole intentions of them are not the same as the government's. How hard is that for you to understand?

You're going off topic. That's a sign that you can't debate the original thesis of the opening post.

Old 07-07-2013, 01:57 PM

8,483 posts, read 6,932,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Again

We're debating semantics. Government is intended to serve the common good. Corporations are intended to earn profits. Yes, corps are necessary in a modernized society, but the sole intentions of them are not the same as the government's. How hard is that for you to understand?

You're going off topic. That's a sign that you can't debate the original thesis of the opening post.

You keep using that word. - YouTube

I don't feel I am going off-topic.
I stated it twice the function of a corp. To function in commerce. It is very simple.

Understanding what govt is and what it does is important to your OP. As to debating there is nothing to debate, if I cared to engage in such a practice. You seem to be asking a vague and ill defined question.

One can declare anything they want at anytime by creating a declaration.

If you want to discuss such things with any depth you may need to define your definitions and terms better.

Old 07-07-2013, 02:55 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,734,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Common Anomaly View Post
I am not one, but I have read enough about this philosophy to tell you that it basically boils down to guns and a magical free market place for law.

They believe that a market place for law will spring up (which probably will). However, where they go wrong is claiming that market forces will keep the law pure, much more than a government.

They believe that a good judge will get a good reputation and a bad judge will get a bad reputation. Therefore, the bad judge will go out of business, leaving only good judges left.

This begs the question on how do you really bring someone to court and how do you enforce the judge's ruling.
So they basically believe in magic. Nice!!!

Old 07-07-2013, 03:10 PM

8,091 posts, read 5,911,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
So they basically believe in magic. Nice!!!
It's no more magic than thinking euro-level taxation will work here with a third-world Mexico right next door.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies