Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2013, 01:25 PM

26,498 posts, read 15,079,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Now What View Post
There are a lot of excuses in here. "You hated Bush so I get to hate Obama".
Please re-read my post carefully and slowly.

I clearly do not have that sentiment.

I am pointing out the hypocrisy of Obama supporters.

It is "patriotic" to dissent against Bush. It is "hateful" to post factual statistics of the economy under Obama.

We are heading to 1984 quicker than I thought.

Quote:
Maybe the issue for you is that you are in a state with a rough economy. Many of us around the country feel things coming around. For example, I work in international freight shipping and we are back to getting nice bonuses, raises, etc. They were gone when we were at the bottom of this thing. I do not believe I am alone.
I am giving NATIONAL statistics.

Some are doing fine, some are improving, MOST are not per the Federal government's own statistics that you keep ignoring.

Quote:
You are coming off as bitter and refusing to acknowledge anything positive, which makes your arguement ineffective and leads people to put you into one of your above listed categories.

Thank you.
You are coming off as someone who refuses to use the brain that you have. You post illogical comments (ie, posting facts of the economy is hateful) and you ignore the facts based on your emotional feelings of the economy.

My argument is effective, because you refuse to address the facts. Your argument is illogical and void of facts. You refuse to admit anything that isn't positive.

If things are getting better, why are we increasing QE stimulus in 2013?

-Full time jobs have been lost for 6 months straight now and we have lost full time jobs since Obama declared a recovery.

-Hours worked by Americans have dipped And this number has fallen since Obama declared recovery.

-The Employment Rate has fallen to its worst level since 1979. And this number has fallen since Obama declared recovery.

-The Employment Rate for Americans aged 25 to 54 has fallen to its worst level since 1984. And this number has fallen since Obama declared recovery.

-The average income per household has fallen. And this number has fallen since Obama declared recovery.

-The Fed is creating $3,000,000,000.00 a day to artificially keep interest rates low - so far it has helped the stock market and GDP - this is not a long term solution and will have to stop at some point before it causes long term damage.

-Food Stamps up 70% since 2008 to 48 Million. And this number has gotten worse by over 10 Million since Obama declared recovery.

-Highest percentage of people living in poverty in over 50 years. And this number has gotten worse since Obama declared recovery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-06-2013, 02:15 PM

264 posts, read 280,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Please re-read my post carefully and slowly.

I clearly do not have that sentiment.

I am pointing out the hypocrisy of Obama supporters.

It is "patriotic" to dissent against Bush. It is "hateful" to post factual statistics of the economy under Obama.

We are heading to 1984 quicker than I thought.

I am giving NATIONAL statistics.

Some are doing fine, some are improving, MOST are not per the Federal government's own statistics that you keep ignoring.

You are coming off as someone who refuses to use the brain that you have. You post illogical comments (ie, posting facts of the economy is hateful) and you ignore the facts based on your emotional feelings of the economy.

My argument is effective, because you refuse to address the facts. Your argument is illogical and void of facts. You refuse to admit anything that isn't positive.

If things are getting better, why are we increasing QE stimulus in 2013?

-Full time jobs have been lost for 6 months straight now and we have lost full time jobs since Obama declared a recovery.

-Hours worked by Americans have dipped And this number has fallen since Obama declared recovery.

-The Employment Rate has fallen to its worst level since 1979. And this number has fallen since Obama declared recovery.

-The Employment Rate for Americans aged 25 to 54 has fallen to its worst level since 1984. And this number has fallen since Obama declared recovery.

-The average income per household has fallen. And this number has fallen since Obama declared recovery.

-The Fed is creating $3,000,000,000.00 a day to artificially keep interest rates low - so far it has helped the stock market and GDP - this is not a long term solution and will have to stop at some point before it causes long term damage.

-Food Stamps up 70% since 2008 to 48 Million. And this number has gotten worse by over 10 Million since Obama declared recovery.

-Highest percentage of people living in poverty in over 50 years. And this number has gotten worse since Obama declared recovery.
Re-read my first post slowly and carefully. I have both sides, you do not. Therefore, this is just a bunch of propaganda. I hope things get better for you.

Thank you.

Old 07-06-2013, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Re-read my first post slowly and carefully. I have both sides, you do not. Therefore, this is just a bunch of propaganda. I hope things get better for you.

Thank you.
Are you really this silly and anti-intellectual?

You used ZERO FACTS.

Please explain to me, how we are in a recovery based on the following facts that you have chosen to retreat from:

Old 07-06-2013, 03:25 PM

264 posts, read 280,621 times
Quote:

You used ZERO FACTS.

Please explain to me, how we are in a recovery based on the following facts that you have chosen to retreat from:

I could search the web like you have on slanted sites, but it honestly isn't worth arguing with somebody that can't debate. Just go back to Fox News and then spit more trash on here...you are a follower. You have an excuse for any bit of good news. I won't dip to your level...you are miserable. Sorry!

Have a nice day!

Old 07-06-2013, 03:40 PM

Quote:
I could search the web like you have on slanted sites, but it honestly isn't worth arguing with somebody that can't debate. Just go back to Fox News and then spit more trash on here...you are a follower. You have an excuse for any bit of good news. I won't dip to your level...you are miserable. Sorry!

Have a nice day!
These are all government statistics that I cited.

Stop being an intellectual coward.

Explain to me, how we are recovering despite all of those numbers getting worse per the government?

All you have done is post illogical arguments and ignored facts.

Old 07-06-2013, 03:45 PM

3,863 posts, read 6,297,532 times
Quote:
These are all government statistics that I cited.

Stop being an intellectual coward.

Explain to me, how we are recovering despite all of those numbers getting worse per the government?

All you have done is post illogical arguments and ignored facts.
The poster cannot explain, only condemn and 'gaslight' you.

You, michiganmoon, are posting "Inconvenient Truths". Carry on.

Old 07-06-2013, 04:01 PM

These are government facts:
Since Obama declared that a recovery has begun we have seen more people enter poverty, more people on government assistance, household income decline, employment rates drop, full time jobs decline, hours worked per American decline, government stimulus increase through QE to $3,000,000,000.00 a day.

Feb. of last year:
Employment Rate For Young Adults Lowest In 60 Years, Study Says

"Just 54 percent of Americans ages 18 to 24 currently have jobs, according to a study released Thursday by the Pew Research Center. That's the lowest employment rate for this age group since the government began keeping track in 1948. And it's a sharp drop from the 62 percent who had jobs in 2007 -- suggesting the recession is crippling career prospects for a broad swath of young people who were still in high school or college when the downturn began."

April of this year:
U.S. Labor Force Participation Rate Lowest Since 1979

"And the percentage of working-age adults in the labor force — what's called the participation rate — fell to 63.3 percent last month. It's the lowest such figure since May 1979."

"Even Americans of prime working age — 25 to 54 years old — are dropping out of the workforce. Their participation rate fell to 81.1 percent last month, tied with November for the lowest since December 1984."

May of this year:
RealClearMarkets - Why Friday's Jobs Report Was Ominous

"During April, the FTE jobs ratio fell for the fifth month in a row, to 53.09."

April of this year:
U.S. sees highest poverty spike since the 1960s, leaving 50 million Americans poor as government cuts billions in spending | Mail Online

"The number of Americans living in poverty has spiked to levels not seen since the mid 1960s, classing 20 per cent of the country’s children as poor."

April of this year:
Record Number of Households on Food Stamps-- 1 out of Every 5 | CNS News

"Record Number of Households on Food Stamps-- 1 out of Every 5"

March of this year:
Household income tumbles during the Obama "recovery" | Human Events

"The New York Times delivers some news so grim that it had to cook the headline to hide it: “Median Household Income Down 7.3% Since Start of Recession.â€

Well, yes, but as the Times reluctantly admits in the very last paragraph of the story, 5.6 percent of that decline has occurred since the Obama “recovery†began."

Yes that is correct...just over 3/4ths of the decline in household income happened during the "recovery".

May 2013.
Jobs Report May 2013 Analysis: Declining Hours May Anticipate Slowdown

"Of particular concern to Sy is the decline in average hours worked – which may signal there’s less work that needs to get done."

July 2013.
RealClearMarkets - A Solid Jobs Report? No, This Is a Crisis

"It's even worse when you consider all of the net addition to June jobs - repeat, all - were part time. Compared with the 360,000 part-time positions created, full-time employment shrank by 240,000."

July 2013.
Review & Outlook: Part-Time America - WSJ.com

"Also disappointing is the big jump in the number of Americans who want to work full time but could only find part-time work. That number leapt to 8.23 million, a 322,000 one-month increase."

Old 07-06-2013, 04:10 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Quote:

You used ZERO FACTS.

First off, a lot of your assumptions and "facts" are bogus. You claim that "Full time jobs have been lost for 6 months straight now and we have lost full time jobs since Obama declared a recovery." but the fact is, THESE are the number of workers (in thousands) since Feb:
FEB: 143,492
MAR: 143,286
APR: 143,579
MAY: 143,898
JUNE: 144,058

From just 5 months ago the number of workers is up OVER HALF A MILLION, and from June of last year it's up almost a MILLION.

And here's the number of FULL TIME workers over that time:
FEB: 115,841
MAR: 115,903
APR: 116,053
MAY: 16,238
JUNE: 115,998

That does NOT show a "loss for 6 months straight" - and the number of FULL TIME workers is up roughly a MILLION AND A HALF from a year ago (15,998 - 114,606).

Table A-9. Selected employment indicators

I didn't bother to even check out the validity of your other "facts" since it's pretty clear you either made them up or didn't bother to verify what you read elsewhere.

Ken

Last edited by LordBalfor; 07-06-2013 at 04:22 PM..

Old 07-06-2013, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
First off, a lot of your assumptions and "facts" are bogus. You claim that "Full time jobs have been lost for 6 months straight now and we have lost full time jobs since Obama declared a recovery." but the fact is, THESE are the number workers (in thousands) since Feb:
FEB: 143,492
MAR: 143,286
APR: 143,579
MAY: 143,898
JUNE: 144,058

From just 5 months ago the number of workers is up OVER HALF A MILLION, and from June of last year it's up almost a MILLION.

And here's the number of FULL TIME workers over that time:

That does NOT show a "loss for 6 months straight".

Table A-9. Selected employment indicators

I didn't bother to even check out the validity of your other "facts" since it's pretty clear you either made them up or didn't bother to verify what you read elsewhere.

Ken
I wasn't clear enough. Per the article that I linked to - Full Time "ratio" jobs have decreased and not kept up with the rise in population.

Let me explain this. The population is growing. The population of working age Americans are growing.

The ratio of working age Americans that have a full time job...has decreased for 6 straight months now. We also just lost many full time jobs this June (Obamacare scare?).

Does that clarify it?

This is bad, because part time jobs tend to have less benefits than full time jobs. 31% of compensation is benefits...so this is a big deal to have less workers (ratio-wise) with full time jobs.

Do you agree that it is bad to have 6 straight months of declining ratio of people with full time jobs?

Typically 5 straight months of this ratio declining leads into a recession.

RealClearMarkets - Why Friday's Jobs Report Was Ominous

Review & Outlook: Part-Time America - WSJ.com

Yes, we have now had 6 straight months of the ratio of people in the working age population with full time jobs decline.

Last edited by michiganmoon; 07-06-2013 at 04:29 PM..

Old 07-06-2013, 04:27 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,264,758 times
Non government employment has increased:

Government work has not and even in the best climate it would take a while for the cops, firefighters, and teachers to find civilian employment:

Average earnings are up:

Hours worked have gone up:

Professionals are doing just fine:

People in the financial sector, not so much:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies