Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2013, 10:36 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times

Advertisements

Well I guess they're innocent until proven guilty but gay men adopting is not a good idea IMHO.

Quote:
Harasz and Wirth adopted nine children beginning in 2000 and were arrested in November 2011.
Police said two boys, ages 5 and 15, accused Harasz of sexually assaulting them. Harasz was charged with first-degree sexual assault and Wirth was charged with third-degree sexual assault of the 15-year-old boy.
Other children in the home told authorities they weren't abused.
Friday was supposed to be a sentencing hearing for Harasz and Wirth, who pleaded guilty in January to one felony count each of risk of injury to a minor.
But the agreement fell apart at the last moment when the defendants learned of a new allegation of abuse made against Harasz by one of the alleged victims, the Hartford Courant reported.
The case was thrown into further turmoil after additional allegations of abuse came to light involving three other of the nine children adopted by the Connecticut men.

Read more: Gay couple accused of molesting two of their 9 adopted children withdraw guilty plea and decide to go on trial to fight allegations | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Old 04-07-2013, 10:38 AM

981 posts, read 1,621,220 times
So straight people don't rape each other or kids. That's news to me.

Old 04-07-2013, 10:39 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadJuju View Post
You are defending these people?

That is really sick.

I guess that some rape is legitimate in your mind?

Old 04-07-2013, 10:40 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,168,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Well I guess they're innocent until proven guilty but gay men adopting is not a good idea IMHO.

Read more: Gay couple accused of molesting two of their 9 adopted children withdraw guilty plea and decide to go on trial to fight allegations | Mail Online
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
The fact that you have turned a blind eye to the multitude of stories like this that happen with straight couples is astounding.

Old 04-07-2013, 10:41 AM

4,837 posts, read 4,168,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post

That is really sick.

You're spinning. No one defends this. What we are saying is that yes, this story is awful however it by no means is confined to gay couples.

Old 04-07-2013, 10:41 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,419,527 times
Quote:

That is really sick.

I'm pretty sure he's defending gay couples who don't rape. (100x)

Old 04-07-2013, 10:42 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I think thats a very poor synopsis. These gay men, if true, are pedophiles. To proclaim all gay men would do something like this is ridiculous. You could have been even more ridiculous by claiming they were raped simply because they were adopted, and thus we should ban adoptions, but clearly only gay people rape in your mind?
Quote:

That is really sick.

When I though the postings couldnt get any dumber, here I am, reading your reply proving me wrong.

Old 04-07-2013, 10:43 AM

8,299 posts, read 8,609,037 times
Quote:

That is really sick.
And you claim to want to go to law school?! These people have yet to be proven guilty. In fact, at least one other of their adopted children has a very different explanation for what is going on:

"Several family members of the two men spoke out in their defense, including one of their adopted sons, Carlos Harasz, who once again insisted that his siblings accusing their parents are liars and said they are mentally ill. Carlos Harasz claimed that the abuse his brother described was committed by his previous foster parents, not the two fathers who built a 'normal, painless life' for their large brood. He also accused child services and police of taking 'the word of an angry, damaged, disturbed boy' and ended up destroying a family."

Old 04-07-2013, 10:45 AM

267 posts, read 202,760 times
Gay people shouldn't raise children, if you can't concieve them by natural means then you shouldn't raise them.

Old 04-07-2013, 10:46 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,256,164 times
Quote:

That is really sick.

How do you get ^this^ out of this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadJuju View Post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies