Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 02:09 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,161,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
such an important position.
Your first error in this thread.

If the ultra-cons think this way they must think cabinet members all sit right next to God. I doubt the OP could name their president without looking it up. Beautiful country. Great beaches. Nice people. Fabulous baseball. But being an ambassador there is not "such an important" position.

Last edited by DewDropInn; 07-11-2013 at 02:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2013, 02:15 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,730,846 times
Quote:
What disrespect nominating this man for such an important position.

Dominicans Rage Against Obama's Gay Ambassador Pick | The Cable
I got curious about this, and because I speak Spanish fluently, I decided to look up actual newspapers from the Dominican Republic, and here's what I found in them - that the only ones instigating this BS are: Catholic Cardinal Nicolas de Jesus Lopez Rodriguez, and Catholic Bishop Monsignor Pablo Cedano. That's it, baby. The Catholic Church. AS ALWAYS, IT'S CHRISTIANITY THAT IS WAGING WAR AGAINST GAYS. So please, stop trying to make it seem otherwise when it's really only the same sh*t as always - the church. Thanks!

Old 07-11-2013, 03:00 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,395,138 times
Oh heaven forbid. The all-important and strategic alliance we have with the Dominican Republic! What great disrespect to our greatest friends and allies, the Dominicans!

Old 07-11-2013, 03:10 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,680,954 times
Quote:

And racist or why doesn't obama have gay diplomats in the islamic nations?

Old 07-11-2013, 03:13 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,395,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Why is it racist?

The D-bag Cardinal is a white guy, btw.

Old 07-11-2013, 03:21 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,162,494 times
Quote:

Your posts are tiring and irritating. Why does every issue related to a gay person mean it is part of a so-called gay agenda?

If someone you did business with happened to be gay is that part of the gay agenda also?

I think the only agenda at issue is your anti-gay agenda.

Old 07-11-2013, 03:45 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,519,128 times
Quote:
The Dominicans just aren't showing the love of homosexuals. Read the comments lol.

Gay U.S. ambassador-nominee pits religious, civil groups - DominicanToday.com
Dominicans don't show love for Haitians either. are they repugnant? this thread is ridiculous. i'm sure most people there could care less that this guy is gay.

Old 07-11-2013, 03:51 PM

31,013 posts, read 22,051,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
He wouldn't want to offend them. It's not ok to insult them because their religian is not ok with equal rights for gays. Apparently, that doesn't apply to Christians though.

Last edited by LS Jaun; 07-11-2013 at 04:02 PM..

Old 07-11-2013, 03:57 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,362,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
And here I thought I had missed Eddies daily anti gay thread.
Not me, I'm sick to death of the OP's trollish behavior

Quote:
Originally Posted by css9450 View Post
Sounds more like he's morally repugnant to you.
Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
I got curious about this, and because I speak Spanish fluently, I decided to look up actual newspapers from the Dominican Republic, and here's what I found in them - that the only ones instigating this BS are: Catholic Cardinal Nicolas de Jesus Lopez Rodriguez, and Catholic Bishop Monsignor Pablo Cedano. That's it, baby. The Catholic Church. AS ALWAYS, IT'S CHRISTIANITY THAT IS WAGING WAR AGAINST GAYS. So please, stop trying to make it seem otherwise when it's really only the same sh*t as always - the church. Thanks!
Good call!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoffdano View Post
Your posts are tiring and irritating. Why does every issue related to a gay person mean it is part of a so-called gay agenda?

If someone you did business with happened to be gay is that part of the gay agenda also?

I think the only agenda at issue is your anti-gay agenda.
It must be a slow news day as the OP is having to really start digging for anti-gay news. I'm tired of the BS from the OP...Time to institute the CD long tradition of utilizing the ignore button and maybe the OP will get the hint when no one responds to the threads he starts.

Ahhhh I feel so much better now OP has joined my short list of ignore posters

Last edited by ReturningWest; 07-11-2013 at 04:00 PM.. Reason: Ignore list for the OP

Old 07-11-2013, 04:09 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,411,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
Not me, I'm sick to death of the OP's trollish behavior

Yup

Good call!

It must be a slow news day as the OP is having to really start digging for anti-gay news. I'm tired of the BS from the OP...Time to institute the CD long tradition of utilizing the ignore button and maybe the OP will get the hint when no one responds to the threads he starts.

Ahhhh I feel so much better now OP has joined my short list of ignore posters
LOL it's on Drudge. No digging necessary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies