Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2013, 09:26 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,030,436 times

Advertisements

Is this the kind of pathetic tactics we can expect from the left these days?

KETK NBC: Jars of urine, feces confiscated at TX capitol as abortion bill voting takes place

Quote:
Jars of urine, feces confiscated at TX capitol as abortion bill voting takes place

DPS
Jul 12, 2013 4:35 p.m.

AUSTIN, TEXAS (DPS) - The Texas Department of Public Safety (DPS) today received information that individuals planned to use a variety of items or props to disrupt legislative proceedings at the Texas Capitol.
Therefore for safety purposes, DPS recommended to the State Preservation Board that all bags be inspected prior to allowing individuals to enter the Senate gallery, which the State Preservation Board authorized.
During these inspections, DPS officers have thus far discovered one jar suspected to contain urine, 18 jars suspected to contain feces, and three bottles suspected to contain paint. All of these items - as well as significant quantities of feminine hygiene products, glitter and confetti possessed by individuals - were required to be discarded; otherwise those individuals were denied entry into the gallery.
In the interest of the safety and security of Texas legislators and the general public, these inspections will continue until the conclusion of Senate business.

Old 07-12-2013, 09:27 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,030,436 times
DPS seizes jars of suspected feces, urine before abortion debate at Texas Capitol - Longview News-Journal: Talk Of East Texas

Old 07-12-2013, 10:03 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,619,989 times
The tactics, used by both sides of the abortion issue, disgust me. No end. The nastier, grosser, more profane, unfeeling, and just plain old stupid, the better. Some of the stuff I have seen written on CD makes me wanna hurl. Both sides lime to wave about blood and guts as props. All for shock factor. Attention grabbing. I think, when the two sides square off, and start that nonsense, they should ALL be put in trucks, and tossed in tbe closest sewer treatment pond. And made go stay tbere, overnight. Wanna be disgusting and gross? Tbere ya go! All they can possibly want.

Old 07-13-2013, 12:18 AM

5,150 posts, read 7,761,662 times
Now THAT is a good point. How did they know they were real? Now I'm going to be sicker.

Old 07-13-2013, 01:06 AM

23,654 posts, read 17,504,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
I'm not sure I follow. Do you have a link? Feminine hygiene products were brought in by who, exactly? Inside what government building?

I would post the story from Life News.com but then you would not read it and say it was a lie even though they were spot on about Gosnell.

Old 07-13-2013, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
People who spend their time actively "playing" on the abortion front are an odd bunch. There is always way more to their reasons for doing things than meets the eye.
Sure, like big money in the abortion business so pay people to act up and stop the vote.

Old 07-13-2013, 01:09 AM

37,131 posts, read 42,196,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Sure, like big money in the abortion business so pay people to act up and stop the vote.
Or crazy. I'll just stop there.

Old 07-13-2013, 01:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Is this the kind of pathetic tactics we can expect from the left these days?

KETK NBC: Jars of urine, feces confiscated at TX capitol as abortion bill voting takes place

A left-wing site were playing the martyrs saying, "are they going to go through our purses and confiscate our hygiene products? Maybe strip search us to see if we are wearing them and take them off of us?" Just stupid.

If they threw body fluids on anyone they would be charged and thrown in jail.

Old 07-13-2013, 02:09 AM

1,796 posts, read 1,661,158 times
The bill passed, which is really no surprise, and the reports of containers of protestors with human waste are unsubstantiated thus far, according to the NYT, article linked below. It is true, however, that feminine hygiene products (unused) were confiscated from those protestors wishing to enter the rotunda, apparently because they might be used to disrupt the proceedings in a show of female solidarity. Apparently the DPS quit doing that because of widespread ridicule on social media.

I wasn't there, but I used to live in Austin and I know several people who were. In any case, if a few people planned to throw poo around, of course that is both disgusting and unconscionable, but as of yet there is no evidence that they were, and if it is true, it doesn't take away from the peaceful and lawful attempts of the far larger number of other Texans assembled to make their voices heard.

I wouldn't rush to any judgments yet, and it's important to note that the main opposition to the bill has much less to do with the 20-week restriction, but rather with numerous amendments which would essentially make most TX clinics close, thus rendering access to safe, early-term abortions prohibitively expensive as well as eliminating an important source of inexpensive birth control to low-income women.

Here's the link:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/14/us...tion-bill.html

Just trying to offer credible information here

Old 07-13-2013, 02:28 AM

15,080 posts, read 14,319,224 times
Quote:

During these inspections, DPS officers have thus far discovered one jar
suspected to contain urine, 18 jars suspected to contain feces
18 jars of feces and only 1 jar of urine? These women should drink more water....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies