Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 04:35 PM

17,797 posts, read 13,698,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Interesting crowd you associate with, Don.
Don hangs around with a crowd that is able to understand the difference between somebody randomly getting out of a car versus getting out of a car with the expressed intent to pursue another individual.

Don hangs around with a crowd that understands that finishing a fight doesn't mean you did or didn't "start it".

Don hangs around with a crowd that understands that many fights start with two individuals getting in each others face which is ensued by a shoving match prior to punches being thrown.

Don hangs around with a crowd that understands that Martin new that Zimmerman was following him and stated "why are you following me?" which was followed by Zimmerman saying "what are you doing here?" according to testimony followed by loss of the phone connection

Don hangs around with a crowd that realizes that the shooting occurred 30 or 40 feet away from where Zimmerman claims the confrontation started.

Don's crowd wonders why people like YOU can't understand that either Zimmerman lied about where the confrontation actually started OR that Zimmerman and Martin ended up pushing and shoving each other to that spot where Martin was shot if Zimmerman is not lying.

Old 07-15-2013, 04:38 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,071,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
His proffering to police Detective Serino.

If things went south, he planned on suing the pharmaceutical manufacturers and his prescribing doctor.
Well, did he sue, or if so, what cause of action?

Old 07-15-2013, 04:40 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,706,247 times
Can we all just stop thinking that we know exactly what happened & how it happened? It really makes zero sense.

Old 07-15-2013, 04:43 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
Good news, I think. Not sure what you are getting at, if anything.
I was attacked by a creep a while back, and I'm still suffering the damage.

He yelled and threatened me, in a way that made it sound like there was a fight going on in his office, while I sat silently, so I got out of the chair and walked quickly out of the building, across the lawn to my car.

While about 25 feet behind me, he called me back in real friendly and apologetic tones.

I turned around and took two steps toward him as he rushed up on me, chest to chest, his teeth nearly touching my chin, and with an intense low voice, ordered me, "Give me your badge".

I backed about two feet away, un-clipped my badge from my shirt, and deliberately moved it downward and to my left and let go. It landed where I aimed it, on the grass next to his right foot.

When my hand with the badge was moving downward and to my left, he squatted and weaved to his right, following my hand.

I didn't know what he was doing, and didn't find out until a year later, when a U.S. Senator gave me the creep's agency report to the Senator, which stated that I assaulted the creep with my badge by throwing it in his face.

I still stand convicted of assault with a security identification badge.

Last edited by Nonarchist; 07-15-2013 at 05:04 PM..

Old 07-15-2013, 04:46 PM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmondaynight View Post
Dumbest post i've ever read on this forum.
It's probably dumb to you, because you didn't do the research or listen to all of the testimony or read any of the Motions filed.

The proof that you didn't do the research is that you stated TM purchased "iced tea". That means you have allowed the media to do the research for you - epic fail.

Old 07-15-2013, 04:47 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,071,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
I was attacked by a creep a while back, and I'm still suffering the damage.

He yelled and threatened me, in a way that made it sound like there was a fight going on in his office, while I sat silently, so I got out of the chair and walked quickly out of the building, across the lawn to my car.

While about 25 feet behind me, he called me back in real friendly and apologetic tones.

I turned around and took two steps toward him as he rushed up on me, chest to chest, his teeth nearly touching my chin, and with an intense low voice, ordered me, "Give me your badge".

I backed about two feet away, un-clipped my badge from my shirt, and deliberately moved it downward and to my left and let go. It landed where I aimed it, on the grass next to his right foot.

When my hand with the badge was moving downward and to my left, he squatted and weaved to his right, following my hand.

I didn't know what he was doing, and didn't find out until a year later, when a U.S. Senator gave me the creep's agency's report to the Senator, which stated that I assaulted the creep with my badge by throwing it in his face.

I still stand convicted of assault with a security identification badge.
Sorry to hear that. Hope things work out.

Old 07-15-2013, 04:49 PM

3,846 posts, read 2,384,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
Sorry to hear that. Hope things work out.
Thanks.

Old 07-15-2013, 04:50 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,726,103 times
If George Zimmerman had not had a gun that night, he wouldn't have gotten out of his truck, he'd be less fat and Trayvon Martin would be alive.

Old 07-15-2013, 04:55 PM

11,186 posts, read 6,508,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
It's probably dumb to you, because you didn't do the research or listen to all of the testimony or read any of the Motions filed.

The proof that you didn't do the research is that you stated TM purchased "iced tea". That means you have allowed the media to do the research for you - epic fail.
I think that someone will put the story of TM, his family, the school, Crump and Julison, all together and manage to get it published in the msm. The publicity from putting it out there will be too hard to resist.

Old 07-15-2013, 04:58 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,339,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
The jury clearly decided that Zimmerman was acting in self-defense when he pulled his gun and shot Trayvon.

That means they decided that Trayvon had done something that constituted an immediate and possibly deadly threat to Zimmerman. That act was probably, going after Zimmerman (who was following him but not stalking or attacking him), grabbing or jumping on him, knocking him down, and bashing his head multiple times into the concrete sidewalk with his fists. Slamming GZ's head repeatedly into the concrete that way could conceivably crack his skull, which could kill him. Zimmerman shot Trayvon before that could happen... but what if Zimmerman hadn't had a gun?

Then this trial would have been over Trayvon, not Zimmerman. Trayvon would have been accused at least of assault, quite possibly assault with intent to cause grievous bodily harm. And if he'd managed to crack Zimmerman's skull, maybe the charge for which Trayvon was tried, could have been murder.

Zimmerman did have the gun, and used it, so the trial went as it did. Trayvon was, in fact, guilty of assault - the jury decided he attacked Zimmerman. But since Trayvon lost his life as a result of assaulting Zimmerman, obviously there was no point in making any such charge against Trayvon any more, despite Trayvon's actions.

But if Zimmerman had not had a gun that night... it's pretty clear Trayvon would have been found guilty of assault, and possibly murder.
If Zimmerman had not had a bulge in his pants that night, he would have never gotten out of his vehicle, Martin would have gone home unharmed, and you would not have started yet another tedious thread on how an innocent teen was the cause of his own death.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies