Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2013, 01:01 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,456,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NativeSon504 View Post
Are you retarded? There are always stop the violence rallies and other social gathers trying to curb violence in the innner cities across America. FACT! Also the people in the inner cities are always outraged by the violence you just don't hear about. Word form the the wise stick to the things you know about and stop speaking wrecklesly.

Give me a fudgin break, i live in LA and boy do i remember, would you like to remember.

Reginald Denny who was, beaten to a pulp dragged into the street, need i go on. In the riots, I can go on, i knew a police who worked The LA division at that time. It was utter chaos, so i beg to differ with you.
Stop the violence in no way implys doing violence does it now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2013, 01:13 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,456,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supine View Post
The war began when Confederate forces attacked U.S. Federal troops at a U.S. military base.

Lincoln, the President of the United States was not a mere Governor of a state, he was the Federally elected executive of all state Governors and of all the citizens of the United States. When I was stationed at two naval bases in Norfolk, Virgina neither of those bases belonged to Virginia or its Governor but to the U.S. Federal Government. And the U.S. President is Commander-in-Chief of all U.S. military personnel. So, when you attack a U.S. military base you make an act of war against the President of the United States and the other two Federal branches of the U.S. Government.

Well... targeting the infrastructure is not uncommon in war. Blowing up rail roads, firing missiles at factories, destroying crops, knocking out lines of communication. This is not uncommon and the U.S. carried this out in Iraq and Afghanistan. I'll admit parts of the South from photos looked like Dresden, Tokyo, and Nagasaki after Union cannons got through firing.

And the non-combatants in the South suffered.

But Southern guerrillas robbed and harassed Southerns too, mostly women, left vulnerable while so many of the men were off fighting in the uniform of the Confederacy.

At any rate. I dug up that book I read. It's Look Away! by William C. Davis.

This is the photo used of him in the inside flap of the back cover of the book.

William C. Davis (historian) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I don't know why you're so offended by what happened to the treasonous South, it's not like the Union sold all the men, women, and children off into slavery in Africa, piling them like sardines aboard some ship to make a long and arduous journey across the Atlantic. Arriving in West Africa where they would be stripped of their names, coerced into a pagan religion, and ultimately have their families torn apart to be sold separately to separate slow owners.

They probably got a better deal than this Boston Bomber will end up with. And they collectively had far more blood and sins on their hands.

Interesting i happen to know Willim C. Davis and his syblings. I am very good friends with his Mom who lives in the Mountain areas of California.

He is a very interesting Man to talk to, and knows so damn much about our past. I have actually learned some history facts from Jack. I was not expecting to see his picture. He is older then that picture now, but age is treating him well.

His books even for me are interesting, but i am not a history nut as my son is. I have all of his books from the beginning. His sister and brother, are not into history as i recall at all.

Old 07-23-2013, 01:51 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,024,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
As for racism, how can they continue to scream racism when they have a black president, elected twice? If it weren't for the the white vote, Obama would not be in office.
Just because there is a black president, doesn't mean racism is dead.

Had nothing to do with the white vote. The loss of power behind the white vote, if anything. The white man is quickly becoming a minority.

Old 07-23-2013, 02:17 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,024,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facts32A View Post
Why is racist Nelson Mandela a hero to some white people? A PBS reporter called him the most beloved man in the world during a broadcast I watched this year.
That America? No, it isn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facts32A View Post
You are ok with this?
Sure. Why not?

Old 07-23-2013, 04:08 PM

7,481 posts, read 6,268,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm only guessing, but judging from your comment, you want Blacks to leave the USA.
Akon: We blacks should move to Africa and live like Royalty after Zimmerman verdict

Only if you want to.

Old 07-23-2013, 04:14 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,760,015 times
OP, what would you do to support yourself?

Old 07-23-2013, 05:06 PM

73,052 posts, read 62,670,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
Akon: We blacks should move to Africa and live like Royalty after Zimmerman verdict

Only if you want to.
I never said I wanted to leave. However, I had to wonder what you meant when you said "last one to leave, turn out the lights".

Old 07-23-2013, 06:06 PM

33,587 posts, read 18,183,766 times
A black pastor's view of Trayvon and the Zimmerman case.

Pastor Why Blacks Blame Zimmerman Why Trayvon Martin got skittles - YouTube

Old 07-24-2013, 01:36 PM

639 posts, read 821,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Give me a fudgin break, i live in LA and boy do i remember, would you like to remember.

Reginald Denny who was, beaten to a pulp dragged into the street, need i go on. In the riots, I can go on, i knew a police who worked The LA division at that time. It was utter chaos, so i beg to differ with you.
Stop the violence in no way implys doing violence does it now?
Huh? I made the comment about marches and other social gathering to curb the violence in the black communtiy and the community as a whole because I've seen them where I'm from and I know for a fact they are held in many other inner cities as well. I only made the coment because people tend to think black folks aren't active when it comes to violence in there community. But I feel you though.

Old 10-06-2013, 07:33 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,257,304 times
I agree but unfortunately the liberal media does not agree with that.
It's only racism when white do it to someone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
Racism is racism, no matter who it involves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies