Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2013, 11:37 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,387,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gru View Post
Why do you think TM thought GZ was going to shoot him? (hint: use evidence)
The screaming distance from the "T".

Old 07-15-2013, 11:38 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,686,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_at772 View Post
They do need to have a national day of action. Where they get together and decide what actions they're gonna take to start cleaning up the neighborhoods.

I mean come on at this point Trayvon is dead, the trial is over, it is REALLY time to move on and start focusing on the ones that are still alive. This is the time for parents to sit down with their kids and say "do you see how what you post online can be used against you? Even if you were joking; even if you were quoting lyrics from a song; even if you are re-tweeting someone else's comments people who don't know you will make this your character."

This is time for parents to sit down and talk to their kids about drugs. This is the time for parents to talk to their kids about guns and violence. This is the time for parents to talk to their kids about what to do if they perceive they are in danger or something is unusual. This is the time for parents to explain to their kids how their choices come with consequences, especially when they're in their late teens and approaching adulthood. This is the time to explain that times have changed, technology is not forgiving of growing pains.

This isn't the time to be marching around protesting.
I watched The View this morning, which is something I very rarely do, but I heard OMara and West were going to be on. Sheri was going on about "what do I tell my son when I've always told him to cover his head when it's raining," blah blah, she had 3 or 4 different scenarios she grabbed from the Zimmerman thing and tried to apply it to kids walking innocently in the rain. Not surprisingly, nobody told her she should start by telling her kid to not circle back and thump strangers in the face. If someone had taught Trayvon that simple little thing, he would be alive and eating Skittles.

Gru

79 posts, read 82,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nonarchist View Post
The screaming distance from the "T".
Sorry, I don't know what that means. Please explain.

18,630 posts, read 19,436,658 times
Quote:
John Good, the Man From Prim, said many things, all contradictory.
Fascinating. He was acquitted what civil rights has Zimmerman violated?

25,386 posts, read 35,565,760 times
Quote:
False premise.

Knowing Zimmie's criminal background, would you accept him as Captain of Neighborhood Watch?

He has a record for initiating force.
I would accept the authority of the neighborhood watch. There's no time for background checks here. Had TM accepted that authority, we would not be having this conversation.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Just trying to follow your crazed theories. No need to be rude.
No rude, no crude, just clued.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:39 AM

18,409 posts, read 19,045,166 times
Quote:
Why do you think TM thought GZ was going to shoot him? (hint: use evidence)
TM may not have thought GZ had a gun or that he would be shot. TM could have just been afraid that a stranger was following him for no apparent reason, which would give anyone pause for concern

Old 07-15-2013, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Fascinating. He was acquitted what civil rights has Zimmerman violated?
Don't talk with your mouth full.

Now, what is your question?

Old 07-15-2013, 11:41 AM

1,483 posts, read 1,727,984 times
Anyone with a head on their shoulders and an understanding of the case knows that George Zimmerman was profiling Martin and that profiling was in part based on Martin's blackness. That's why it could be a civil rights case. But you haters can go on being willfully obtuse--you get a lot of pleasure from it. Who am I to deny you? Go on saying that "race had nothing to do with it." Do you know what exposes you as racists? That comment! There is nothing in this country that race has nothing to do with. NOTHING.

Old 07-15-2013, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
TM may not have thought GZ had a gun or that he would be shot. TM could have just been afraid that a stranger was following him for no apparent reason, which would give anyone pause for concern
Especially, if the suspect stood mute and wouldn't stop following, and began following right on top.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies