Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2013, 08:40 AM

6,331 posts, read 5,214,998 times

Advertisements

I'm actually surprised that many people in this day and age, some who view themselves as libertarian leaning, associate marijuana smoking with violent or thuggish behavior.

I guess not much has changed since Reefer Madness came out.

I guess we haven't progressed as much as I thought

Old 07-15-2013, 08:41 AM

5,563 posts, read 4,266,680 times
LOL I quit smoking in my mid-20s because it just put me to sleep.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:42 AM

16,545 posts, read 13,464,756 times
I don't see many people saying that at all.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Your kidding right???

5,094 posts, read 5,178,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
I'm actually surprised that many people in this day and age, some who view themselves as libertarian leaning, associate marijuana smoking with violent or thuggish behavior.

Unless you grew it yourself, your marijuana usage supports "thugs, terrorists, criminals, etc. "

5,563 posts, read 4,266,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
It's a mandatory theme for helping to explain why Trayvon Martin deserved to die. Check the Zimmerman threads.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Unless you grew it yourself, your marijuana usage supports "thugs, terrorists, criminals, etc. "
I'm really surprised that this attitude of yours is widespread. I thought that it was out of fashion.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:45 AM

27,623 posts, read 21,148,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post

Mark O'Mara says that even small amounts of marijuana can lead to violent behavior. Marijuana does not lead to violence. It leads to giggling, snacking, and napping... usually in that order. The only sense in which a pot smoker gets violent is when you hear one of them say "Dude, I really f***ed up that bag of potato chips!"

So Zimmerman's lawyers say that Martin was stoned. They're saying that a teenage boy significantly smaller than George Zimmerman and who was high on pot got the best of George in a fight. Congratulations, George—you just got beat up by Jeff Spicoli. It's a good thing Harold and Kumar weren't there—Zimmerman would have been outnumbered and overwhelmed! They would have chopped George Zimmerman to pieces with hatchets… like pot addicts always do. No, pot just makes people befuddled, confused, and unaware of the facts… or exactly what George Zimmerman's lawyers are trying to do to the jury. Maybe they should pass around a couple of joints.

Randi Rhodes

Old 07-15-2013, 08:47 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,178,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Mark O'Mara says that even small amounts of marijuana can lead to violent behavior. Marijuana does not lead to violence. It leads to giggling, snacking, and napping... usually in that order. The only sense in which a pot smoker gets violent is when you hear one of them say "Dude, I really f***ed up that bag of potato chips!"

So Zimmerman's lawyers say that Martin was stoned. They're saying that a teenage boy significantly smaller than George Zimmerman and who was high on pot got the best of George in a fight. Congratulations, George—you just got beat up by Jeff Spicoli. It's a good thing Harold and Kumar weren't there—Zimmerman would have been outnumbered and overwhelmed! They would have chopped George Zimmerman to pieces with hatchets… like pot addicts always do. No, pot just makes people befuddled, confused, and unaware of the facts… or exactly what George Zimmerman's lawyers are trying to do to the jury. Maybe they should pass around a couple of joints.

Randi Rhodes

It made Trayvon PARANOID that Zimmerman was a dangerous person.

Old 07-15-2013, 08:51 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,324,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
It made Trayvon PARANOID that Zimmerman was a dangerous person.

You're kidding, right? If someone followed you in their car, then on foot and then spend four whole minutes searching for you while you hide, YOU wouldn't view that as a danger?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies