Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2013, 10:51 AM

3,846 posts, read 2,386,280 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Another poster making things up.

G Z did NOT even know TM was black when he started following him.

The dispatcher brought up race.

Facts are a funny thing.
"Can you see a tattoo on him anywhere?"

"Uh, George, what are you, white, hispanic or black."

"We don't want to mix the two of you up."

"Take some white chalk and write "Good Guy" on your jacket so we know who not to go after."

"Better yet, just stay in your truck!"

George: "I'm sorry sir, I cannot DO that."

Dispatcher: "Why not?"

George: "I'm Team Leader."

Old 07-18-2013, 10:59 AM

13,255 posts, read 12,133,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Yes, he did follow him.....
It was dark, the neighborhood had been victimized/robbed......Z saw this black male walking thru the neighborhood...so he followed him, of course, he would have followed the kid if he would have been white...he was on a neighborhood watch, and that is what you do...I would have?????? And by the way, Zimmerman was 1/2 black?
Just because your black doesn't mean you can't be racist against blacks. Some of the black officers I've dealt with have been some of the most racist people I've encountered.

Old 07-18-2013, 11:13 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,810,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carterstamp View Post
The protests were peaceful in Miami. Not all of them were violent.
As they were in Denver. It was way worse when the Broncos won the Super Bowl.

Quote:
Yes, he did follow him.....
It was dark, the neighborhood had been victimized/robbed......Z saw this black male walking thru the neighborhood...so he followed him, of course, he would have followed the kid if he would have been white...he was on a neighborhood watch, and that is what you do...I would have?????? And by the way, Zimmerman was 1/2 black?
For the nth time: George Zimmerman was NOT on neighborhood watch that night. None of us know what GZ would have done if the "prowler" had been white. NO ONE in this reality has a crystal ball that could tell them that.

Old 07-18-2013, 12:15 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,154,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
As they were in Denver. It was way worse when the Broncos won the Super Bowl.

For the nth time: George Zimmerman was NOT on neighborhood watch that night. None of us know what GZ would have done if the "prowler" had been white. NO ONE in this reality has a crystal ball that could tell them that.
No we do not. But on the other hand; how many have taken a public stand, for somebody of another race, against their own police department? Here is one link: In 2010 race-related beating case, George Zimmerman pushed to discipline same officers who investigated Trayvon Martin shooting | The Daily Caller The white police chief's son beat the black homeless man and put him in the hospital. GZ accused the Sanford Police of a cover-up.

My feeling is that GZ would have checked out Whites, Latinos and Blacks the night of Trayvon's death. He was a good person and wanted to do the right thing. The FBI said there was no racial profiling. The media did an exhausting background check and the only thing they could come up with is what they made up.

Most of us would not stand up under the microscope that GZ was under.

Old 07-18-2013, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
No we do not. But on the other hand; how many have taken a public stand, for somebody of another race, against their own police department? Here is one link: In 2010 race-related beating case, George Zimmerman pushed to discipline same officers who investigated Trayvon Martin shooting | The Daily Caller The white police chief's son beat the black homeless man and put him in the hospital. GZ accused the Sanford Police of a cover-up.

My feeling is that GZ would have checked out Whites, Latinos and Blacks the night of Trayvon's death. He was a good person and wanted to do the right thing. The FBI said there was no racial profiling. The media did an exhausting background check and the only thing they could come up with is what they made up.

Most of us would not stand up under the microscope that GZ was under.
St. George slew the dragon?

Seriously, one thing I do think is obvious is that GZ had anger issues, and self-control issues. He was losing it; his calls to the Sanford police had increased in frequency over the last few months before this. I'm surprised they showed up as quickly as they did, considering.

Old 07-18-2013, 12:35 PM

18,773 posts, read 18,154,352 times
Quote:
St. George slew the dragon?

Seriously, one thing I do think is obvious is that GZ had anger issues, and self-control issues. He was losing it; his calls to the Sanford police had increased in frequency over the last few months before this. I'm surprised they showed up as quickly as they did, considering.
I think that is the reason that he followed Trayvon. I think that he did not want something to happen and he was not there to report it to the police.

Trayvon wasn't any dragon. He was just a teenager that made mistakes. Like so many of us 'humans". Unfortunately; it was his last mistake. About six teenagers ever day die on our roads from drunk driving - they all made a terrible mistake.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:08 PM

28,901 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
Katiana As they were in Denver. It was way worse when the Broncos won the Super Bowl.
For the nth time: George Zimmerman was NOT on neighborhood watch that night. None of us know what GZ would have done if the "prowler" had been white. NO ONE in this reality has a crystal ball that could tell them that
Zimmerman actually organized the neighborhood watch, and was on it. He saw a person, TM walking in and around some homes...as a neighborhood watch member he started to follow TM.

You stated that Z had called the police quit a lot...yes he did, that doesn't prove he was a bad person...matter of fact, he was called a kind upstanding neighbor...who did a lot for his neighborhood.

If your neighborhood is being vandalized/homes being broken into, your going to get anxious, afraid, angry.

Old 07-18-2013, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Zimmerman actually organized the neighborhood watch, and was on it. He saw a person, TM walking in and around some homes...as a neighborhood watch member he started to follow TM.

You stated that Z had called the police quit a lot...yes he did, that doesn't prove he was a bad person...matter of fact, he was called a kind upstanding neighbor...who did a lot for his neighborhood.

If your neighborhood is being vandalized/homes being broken into, your going to get anxious, afraid, angry.
It has been established that GZ was not on NW patrol that night. He was a vigilante neighborhood watchman, as well as a vigilante cop.

However, I"m glad you said the bold. Here is a piece from the Neighborhood Watch handbook itself.
Our Participants Handbook states, "Always remember that your responsibility is to report crime. Do not take any risks to prevent a crime or try to make an arrest. The responsibility for apprehending criminals belongs to the police/sheriff."

Neighborhood Watch participants act as additional eyes and ears for law enforcement.
They do not take the law into their own hands.
We Look Out For Each Other is our motto.
(Red from the website)

Home - National Neighborhood Watch Institute

Old 07-18-2013, 01:20 PM

28,901 posts, read 30,284,252 times
Quote:
It has been established that GZ was not on NW patrol that night. He was a vigilante neighborhood watchman, as well as a vigilante cop.

However, I"m glad you said the bold. Here is a piece from the Neighborhood Watch handbook itself.
Our Participants Handbook states, "Always remember that your responsibility is to report crime. Do not take any risks to prevent a crime or try to make an arrest. The responsibility for apprehending criminals belongs to the police/sheriff."

Neighborhood Watch participants act as additional eyes and ears for law enforcement.
They do not take the law into their own hands.
We Look Out For Each Other is our motto.
(Red from the website)

Home - National Neighborhood Watch Institute
while your handbook is correct, Z was the leader of his neighborhood watch and started it.
http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/...nclick_check=1

Old 07-18-2013, 01:21 PM

Quote:
while your handbook is correct, Z was the leader of his neighborhood watch and started it.
http://www.montgomeryadvertiser.com/...nclick_check=1
He was about the only member, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies