Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 12:18 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Zimmerman has reason to launch a defamation of character case against Corey.

"Clearly he is somebody who was acquitted by a jury on the grounds of self-defense and she shouldn’t be going around second-guessing the jury verdict and calling him a murderer," the veteran Harvard Law professor said.

"He probably has a defamation action against her. She has no immunity as a prosecutor for appearing on television and if I were his lawyer I would think seriously about bringing a defamation lawsuit against her."

On an interview taped after Zimmerman's acquittal Saturday and airing Monday night on CNN's Headline News program "HLN After Dark," Corey is asked for a word that comes to mind for the former neighborhood-watch volunteer.

"Murderer," she says after several seconds of silence.

...Other noted legal experts also expressed their disgust at Corey’s remark, agreeing with Dershowitz that it could spur legal action by Zimmerman.

“That is shockingly inappropriate, unethical conduct by a prosecutor. And frankly, she might very well be sued for it — and properly so,” noted criminal attorney and CNN legal analyst Paul Callan told Steve Malzberg.

“Prosecutors get immunity when they’re acting within the scope of their employment as prosecutors. But appearing on a TV show doing a word association game is not going to give her immunity. Now that’s really stunning.”
Includes video.
Dershowitz: Zimmerman Has Defamation Case Against Florida Prosecutor
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2013, 12:20 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,037,907 times
And I hope he takes action. I wonder if he can go after Nancy Grace as well for her racist comments and continuing falsely to claim he said f*****" c**n when he did not.

I know he wants things to die down a bit, but going after these people, especially the media can help send a message. Dont lie and twist things all the time or you may end up paying for it

Old 07-16-2013, 12:23 PM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Their all-consuming vitriol is making them act self-destructively irrational.

Old 07-16-2013, 12:25 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
The prosecutor needs to shut the eff up, same goes for the defense.

Old 07-16-2013, 12:27 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,276,406 times
Nothing will happen to Corey even if he brought the lawsuit. She is covered from the highest ranks of the government. When they sat down with her and this worthless case, she was told, "Be our lapdog and go after him. We'll take care of you down the road." She did as she was told, by the governor and he probably had someone telling him what to do. Any state or federal lawsuit would be dismissed by a judge, which is already on the "payroll."

Old 07-16-2013, 12:30 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,175,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Nothing will happen to Corey even if he brought the lawsuit. She is covered from the highest ranks of the government. When they sat down with her and this worthless case, she was told, "Be our lapdog and go after him. We'll take care of you down the road." She did as she was told, by the governor and he probably had someone telling him what to do. Any state or federal lawsuit would be dismissed by a judge, which is already on the "payroll."

That is why we have civil rights lawsuits that take these cases out of the hands of "good-old-boy" networks.

Old 07-16-2013, 12:34 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Doesn't matter, politics doesn't trump law.

Old 07-16-2013, 12:35 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,455,215 times
BTW, she's already been indicted by Citizens Grand Jury for other things.
Zimmerman Prosecutor Angela Corey Criminally Indicted By Citizens' Grand Jury For Allegedly Falsifying Arrest Warrant And Complaint

Old 07-16-2013, 12:38 PM

2,075 posts, read 4,447,102 times
While I was not happy with the verdict, and I hope Zimmerman isn't able to profit off of killing Trayvon Martin, I absolutely agree that Corey was completely out of line. An incredibly unethical response to the question, and she should be sanctioned/reprimanded in some way.

Last edited by LostInHouston; 07-16-2013 at 12:48 PM..

Old 07-16-2013, 12:43 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,570,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Oh, nose! A Citizens Grand Jury! I bet she's just shaking in her boots.

I'm surprised they weren't too busy trying to prove Obama was born on Mars.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies