Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 07:43 AM

6,137 posts, read 4,862,292 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
FIRST AMENDMENT: AN OVERVIEW

First Amendment | LII / Legal Information Institute

The Constitution Of The United States for me, but not for thee? Sounds about right for people who think others should shut their mouths. I'm sure there's some messages being broadcast in this forum that some people wished they'd just shut up too. Burn the Constitution and make your owns laws if you don't like it.
LMFAO.

Really? That's your argument? I disagree with what the guy says, so I must be against the first amendment, right!? This must be in moonbat weekly, this is the second time someone's tried to pull this idiocy on me this week.

Pathetic. Utterly pathetic.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:46 AM

3,051 posts, read 2,599,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post
If that is the case then why on earth did Chris Matthews apologize on behalf of whites last night?

GZ has been called white from the get go
Because Chris Matthews enjoys race wars like the rest of MSNBC and their 15 viewers.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:50 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
He has been trying to provoke conservatives for quite awhile.

Conservatives aren't as stupid and emotional as O's cult, but he can't figure that out.
Not not too stupid . One need to look no further than the Birfers and Tea Party bunch. On the emotion thing, I agree with you. One needs to have more empathy than the reptilian species to feel emotion. The right wing has becme the party of Ayn Rand Corporatist and should change their party name to reflect who they really are.

Obama said what was needed to be said in a measured way and there would have been no POTUS that would not have addressed the race issue because it is an issue and Obama is the living and breathing proof of the racism that exists here. No other POTUS has been the target of so much scrutiny and criticism for even the most mundane of issues. Take youur feigned outrage where people are stupid enough to buy into it.

Old 07-20-2013, 07:57 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,556,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now What View Post
Racism in this country is alive and well. If you don't believe that, just look at the posts all over this forum, calling black people everything from racist to a pathetic people in this country.

I agree that the Trayvon case was blown way out of proportion and turned political. But what Obama has stated is that we need equality. We need people to treat each other like people. ALL races included.

Some people will criticize anything Obama does, period. However, SOME of what he says is on the mark.

Thank you.
Yes, Obama says that we need equality. As long as he and his supporters are more equal than anyone else and his bias always is put into law.

He is the great race divider. Remember, prior to his first election he was labeled a race uniter. So, how has that worked out?

Old 07-20-2013, 08:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Obama can't win no matter what he does. Many black activists are saying that what he said yesterday was too little, too late and many whites are saying it was too much too soon.
You know the best way to avoid a no win situation, at least for him?

KEEP HIS MOUTH SHUT.

Old 07-20-2013, 08:07 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,884,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
so you have a problem with Obama's rhetoric, but are ok with this nonsense rhetoric that he wants race war?

At least be consistent.
There is absolutely no doubt that obama is promoting a race war...

Old 07-20-2013, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mackinac81 View Post
Oh please. You people never gave Obama a chance. You righties were ginning up your psychotic hatred for the man since the 2008 primaries. I remember. I first came to the P&OC forum in June 2008 and was floored by the stuff I read about him and Michelle. Nothing, NOTHING has changed in that department.

Haters gonna hate.
So stop hating those who disagree with Obama.

Old 07-20-2013, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I don't think Obama "wants a Race War" - I don't even think he cares all that much about the 'Black Community", and most of the people in that community feel the same. Obama is about Obama - He is in full campaign mode all the time and can't help but insert himself into almost anything in the country that is controversial. He has little interest in the Oval office.

He just doesn't "get" that a large segment of the population is more than tired of the "Race Card" - anyone who dares to criticize Obama about anything is called a "hater" (code word for racist) or even a flat out Racist. He might have even wanted to cool down tempers (that he already stoked up) with his speech yesterday - but he just can't help himself from inserting his Agenda (gun control) into the situation. He needed to make it clear that any violence would not be tolerated - he added that bit at the end of the speech, but that's not what everyone is talking about.

Let's hope the people who join those Action Day protests stay calm. He is going to bear some responsibility no matter which way the week-end goes.

The worst of this Martin/Zimmerman trial re-hash & protest, is that Obama & Holder are acting like a Not Guilty Verdict was not the result of the trial ..... they want to make it about "profiling" (which the FBI investigation already reported it was not) or a law (Stand your Ground) which was not even part of the trial.

Does he think we are all too stupid to know all that?

Simple answer, yes he does.

Old 07-20-2013, 08:14 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now What View Post
Racism in this country is alive and well. If you don't believe that, just look at the posts all over this forum, calling black people everything from racist to a pathetic people in this country.

I agree that the Trayvon case was blown way out of proportion and turned political. But what Obama has stated is that we need equality. We need people to treat each other like people. ALL races included.

Some people will criticize anything Obama does, period. However, SOME of what he says is on the mark.

Thank you.
People are rioting in the streets - it's the only story that has consumed our news media for months - and no one thinks our President should address it.

You are trying to convince extremists so don't waste your breath. They hate Obama with a passion that is beyond all reason.

Old 07-20-2013, 08:14 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,844,930 times
When Kathleen Sebelius took the podium, toward the end of the NAACP convention, she was there to demagogue Obamacare opponents. Her wording, timed with the GZ trial, “the fight against lynching and the fight for desegregation", was simply a "us" against "them".

They've put off the Obamacare employer mandate until after the mid-term election. That isn't going to fool business owners who make long-term plans.

So, yes, this Administration is race baiting, but it isn't really about race, it's to push a hard-left agenda - community organizer style.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies