Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 12:11 PM

264 posts, read 280,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Inconvenient truth #7, as evidenced by responses thus far in this thread:

7. When faced with an inconvenient truth, relatively few have the courage to face it and do something about it. Most find it much more comfortable to get angry and smear the messenger as "racist."
If you weren't racist, people wouldn't call you that. It's pretty simple.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:12 PM

7,474 posts, read 22,887,160 times
OP has an excellent point and immediately the blacks chime in and call him racist instead of listening to the truth. Until the black community can establish a better track record, they will not be respected. I would love to see racism wiped out, but it takes work from both sides, and far too many blacks would rather pull the race card than face facts...

Old 07-21-2013, 12:13 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Now What View Post
If you weren't racist, people wouldn't call you that. It's pretty simple.
Bull****, people are labeled racist for the flimsiest of reasons on this site.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:14 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,947,399 times
Quote:
Inconvenient truth #7, as evidenced by responses thus far in this thread:

7. When faced with an inconvenient truth, relatively few have the courage to face it and do something about it. Most find it much more comfortable to get angry and smear the messenger as "racist."
Your message being weak and unstustatiated, has nothing to do with whether you are racist or not...it has to do with you being uninformed.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:14 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,456,732 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, but whether you write yourself a pass or not, it absolutely is. Being critical of any entire subculture outside of your own and grouping them all into one to tell them why you are better than them fits racism to a T.

As you age, for your benefit, I hope you cone to realize that what you have written can be accurate for any individual person of any race and people are just people.

Until then, your judgement of others based on the color of their skin I the definition of racism. No matter how you justify it to yourself.
It's precisely this kind of a mentality why African Americans continue to lag in many key statistics of social health and prosperity. Any attempt at working on the root issue is denounced as "racism." Rather than holding people back, I would rather they empower themselves to be successful.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:15 PM

264 posts, read 280,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
OP has an excellent point and immediately the blacks chime in and call him racist instead of listening to the truth. Until the black community can establish a better track record, they will not be respected. I would love to see racism wiped out, but it takes work from both sides, and far too many blacks would rather pull the race card than face facts...
I'm white. And yes I will play the "race card" to call out a racist. You calling it that is just your excuse to be racist so that you feel better about yourself. But sorry, if you share these generalizations without any stats behind it smearing the black community is spot on, then you may want to be honest with yourself...as it is racism.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
Your message being weak and unstustatiated, has nothing to do with whether you are racist or not...it has to do with you being uninformed.
Read previous posts of others in thread.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
What truth/ I will challenge him or you to debate any precivied truths you have. Just argue with provable faces and not myths...

Have at it.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:18 PM

Quote:
I'm white. And yes I will play the "race card" to call out a racist. You calling it that is just your excuse to be racist so that you feel better about yourself. But sorry, if you share these generalizations without any stats behind it smearing the black community is spot on, then you may want to be honest with yourself...as it is racism.
I live in the Bay area. Do me a favor and go spend some time in East Oakland as I have and tell me if they do or do not have a cultural problem there. Then, repeat this in major cities all throughout America.

Note that similar problems exist in various white communities throughout the land (and other ethnicities), too, but they are simply still of greater concentration in many of today's African-American communities. And it is evidenced by the statistics.

Skin color is irrelevant except for the fact of correlation, not causation. The primary issue is one of cultural values. Arguing for causation is racism; pointing out correlation is not.

Old 07-21-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Read previous posts of others in thread.
I want you now to justify your contention...dont run off. Debate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies