Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2013, 05:54 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,364,082 times

Advertisements

No Cookies | Herald Sun

An 11 year old Yemeni girl fled after her family tried to marry her off to an older man. This is quite common throughout the Dar al-Islam, i.e. Muslim world.
Child Brides - Pictures, More From National Geographic Magazine

Ayyan Hirsi Ali was a product of this practice. She was able to escape, just as Nada Al-Ahdal.

But who are we to judge? Cultural diversity, moral relativism, and all that. Right, lefties? We should send her back to her native prison, just as we did with Elian Gonzales.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2013, 05:58 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,168,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
No Cookies | Herald Sun

An 11 year old Yemeni girl fled after her family tried to marry her off to an older man. This is quite common throughout the Dar al-Islam, i.e. Muslim world.

Ayyan Hirsi Ali was a product of this practice. She was able to escape, just as Nada Al-Ahdal.

But who are we to judge? Cultural diversity, moral relativism, and all that. Right, lefties? We should send her back to her native prison, just as we did with Elian Gonzales.
What does "lefties" have anything to do with it? Glad she escaped. And for the record, I disagreed with what happened to Elian.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:01 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,535,626 times
Quote:
No Cookies | Herald Sun

An 11 year old girl (no matter her culture heritage) is not ready for the duties of marriage of sexual relations.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:06 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
What does "lefties" have anything to do with it? Glad she escaped. And for the record, I disagreed with what happened to Elian.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

The sentence stated, and I quote: "Right, lefties? "

What made you feel the need to only bring out lefties?

There was a "period" and then "Right, lefties?"

Old 07-21-2013, 06:09 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,716,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmm
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

The sentence stated, and I quote: "Right, lefties? "

What made you feel the need to only bring out lefties?

There was a "period" and then "Right, lefties?"
I think the poster did that because it's the liberals who claim that all cultures are equal and we cannot ever say one is better than another --- except for American culture which you have to say is bad.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
I think the poster did that because it's the liberals who claim that all cultures are equal and we cannot ever say one is better than another --- except for American culture which you have to say is bad.
I think you are correct, lets see what the "north" NUT says....

Old 07-21-2013, 06:16 PM

31,074 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
No Cookies | Herald Sun

Yep, They have been doing this for thousands of years. Why should our culture determine what is right in the 3rd world? So what if they have Child brides or still have Slavery in North Africa or the middle east, and use thier chosen religion to justify it

Old 07-21-2013, 06:26 PM

2,801 posts, read 2,310,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Yep, They have been doing this for thousands of years. Why should our culture determine what is right in the 3rd world? So what if they have Child brides or still have Slavery in North Africa or the middle east, and use their chosen religion to justify it
This IS the traditional marriage thing the right wing wackos seem to preach about.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMack View Post
This IS the traditional marriage thing the right wing wackos seem to preach about.
Provide something to back up YOUR claim.

I really don't think you can, but it will be interesting to see if you can.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:32 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
An 11 year old girl (no matter her culture heritage) is not ready for the duties of marriage of sexual relations.

Legal age to marry in Mexico, is 12.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies