Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 09:58 AM

10,793 posts, read 13,545,862 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
There was no teleprompter...he spoke from the mind and heart. When I think back to Martin Luther King...and his death- and I remember the day- as a white person...it still brings me to tears - Sure King had his human defects but he also had depth- understanding...and knew the basic concepts of Christianity and of those values - Obama is not educated in American culture..He does not have the understanding that King had. King was a man who was willing to lay down his life for another man or woman - regardless of their color...it's heart breaking that America and black leaders have forgotten King and he seems to have died in vain...it's very sad.
RFK said something that no one could have disputed.....that his brother was also killed by a "white man". That quote right there, brought everybody down to the same level. That evil has no race......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2013, 10:01 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
I've seen it all. The wingnuts are now quoting RFK? Who's next, Mao? LOL

Old 07-22-2013, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Best post right now, for zeroing on the problem. A good leader will aways try and bring the Nation and it's people together!

A good leader will never pit people against people for any reaosn.

A goodd leader will see that there is never a divide, due to his actions, or lack of common sense words.

A good leader will never stir the pot, to make it boil over.
Amen

Old 07-22-2013, 10:03 AM

12,963 posts, read 13,676,205 times
Black people rioting in the 60'as was a diffrent thing from black people rioting in 2013. Rioting by black people in the 60 's might have been coordinated by Vietnam trained Black Panther's armed paramilitary units with several divisions across the US. Today we're talking about stolen TV's from Walmart.

Old 07-22-2013, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Wingnuts are at least intellectually honest enuff to give credit when it makes sense. He was on point that night. Why is that a problem for you?

Old 07-22-2013, 10:33 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,231,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
Wingnuts are at least intellectually honest enuff to give credit when it makes sense. He was on point that night. Why is that a problem for you?
Now that is a real hoot! Intellectual honesty from the right? You think it is intellectually honest to compare small demonstrations that have taken place across the country in response to the injustice in Florida to the rioting that burned American cities to the ground fifty years ago? That is neither intellectual nor honest. It is ignorant and absurd and racially motivated drivel - and par for the course from the right.

Old 07-22-2013, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Now that is a real hoot! Intellectual honesty from the right? You think it is intellectually honest to compare small demonstrations that have taken place across the country in response to the injustice in Florida to the rioting that burned American cities to the ground fifty years ago? That is neither intellectual nor honest. It is ignorant and absurd and racially motivated drivel - and par for the course from the right.

Trayvon Protesters beat Whites,Steal,Smash Walmart and stores in LA , JULY 15 2013 Night - YouTube

Trayvon Protesters beat Whites,Steal,Smash Walmart and stores in LA , JULY 15 2013 Night - YouTube

Yes....I am comparing. And Obama needs to be more like RFK.

Old 07-22-2013, 01:47 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Both JFK and RFK would both be considered Right wing by the left today.

JFK would turn in his grave... "Ask not what your country can do for you but what you can do for your country"

Pretty radical idea.

Old 07-22-2013, 01:49 PM

2,138 posts, read 6,320,313 times
Meh. Where is the evidence of widespread rioting?

Old 07-22-2013, 03:04 PM

7,605 posts, read 4,845,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Best post right now, for zeroing on the problem. A good leader will aways try and bring the Nation and it's people together!

A good leader will never pit people against people for any reaosn.

A goodd leader will see that there is never a divide, due to his actions, or lack of common sense words.

A good leader will never stir the pot, to make it boil over.
So you must not consider Dr. King to be a good leader?

King Institute Resources

You may well ask: "Why direct action? Why sit-ins, marches and so forth? Isn't negotiation a better path?" You are quite right in calling for negotiation. Indeed, this is the very purpose of direct action. Nonviolent direct action seeks to create such a crisis and foster such a tension that a community which has constantly refused to negotiate is forced to confront the issue. It seeks to so dramatize the issue that it can no longer be ignored. My citing the creation of tension as part of the work of the nonviolent-resister may sound rather shocking. But I must confess that I am not afraid of the word "tension." I have earnestly opposed violent tension, but there is a type of constructive, nonviolent tension which is necessary for growth. Just as Socrates felt that it was necessary to create a tension in the mind so that individuals could rise from the bondage of myths and half-truths to the unfettered realm of creative analysis and objective appraisal, so must we see the need for nonviolent gadflies to create the kind of tension in society that will help men rise from the dark depths of prejudice and racism to the majestic heights of understanding and brotherhood.

The purpose of our direct-action program is to create a situation so crisis-packed that it will inevitably open the door to negotiation. I therefore concur with you in your call for negotiation. Too long has our beloved Southland been bogged down in a tragic effort to live in monologue rather than dialogue.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies