Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-23-2013, 12:11 PM

4,373 posts, read 3,231,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Exactly.

Hypocrites.

ALL of them.
Um. How are they hypocrites for hiring body guards to protect them from rabid fans, people who hate them, and other crazy people that are out there?

It's not like those body guards are packing heat or anything like that. They're just big, beefy dudes who are going to shove any idiot who gets too close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2013, 12:14 PM

16,545 posts, read 13,461,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
Um. How are they hypocrites for hiring body guards to protect them from rabid fans, people who hate them, and other crazy people that are out there?

It's not like those body guards are packing heat or anything like that. They're just big, beefy dudes who are going to shove any idiot who gets too close.
Talk about goofy.....LMAO!

Old 07-23-2013, 12:14 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,948,601 times
what would it matter to a bunch of old men that dont go to concerts or not at least since
slim whitman, the big bopper, or andy williams died.

Old 07-23-2013, 12:16 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 27 days ago)

29,573 posts, read 16,560,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
Sad thing is by boycotting an area, they are really only hurting themselves. Are they going to boycott all US states that allow self defense? I think that's all 50, they'll have to start performing overseas only.
All SYG laws are self defense laws, but not all self defense laws are SYG. Your statement makes it sound as if they are, so i just wanted to point that out.

Old 07-23-2013, 12:17 PM

4,395 posts, read 4,915,062 times
Based on the updates to the article, a lot of artists have no idea about the boycott. Plus any artist that already has a concert planned can't boycott. They have a legally binding contract with the promoter and I'm sure that a boycott is not a covered excuse to cancel or reschedule the show.

Old 07-23-2013, 12:18 PM

33,574 posts, read 18,177,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adiosToreador View Post
You do realize that with the "Stand Your Ground" law that you don't literally have to be standing, right? It also doesn't change the fact that Zimmerman's a killer and a murderer that was allowed to walk.

You got that wrong. This case below was a stand your ground case. The 16 year old was white. The shooter was black.

Updated 12/18/2009 10:41 PM

Jury Finds Roderick Scott Not Guilty

By: Mike Hedeen

"I just want to say thank you to the people who believed in me, who stood by me,” Scott said following the verdict.

Then come back here and refresh the page.

Not guilty: The verdict in the manslaughter trial of Roderick Scott. After more than 19 hours of deliberations over two days, a jury acquitted the Greece man in the shooting death of Christopher Cervini, 17, last April.
"I just want to say thank you to the people who believed in me, who stood by me,” Scott said following the verdict. “I still have my regrets for the Cervini family; it's still an unfortunate situation for them. I am happy that at least this chapter is over."
As deliberations dragged on over two days and the jury asked for testimony to be read back, Scott admits he didn't know how it would all turn out.
"I was nervous of course,” he said. “You never know what direction this whole thing is going to turn, so I have no idea. But it worked out and I feel that justice (was) served today."
Cervini's family members say justice wasn't served. They say Christopher was murdered in cold blood, that he'd never been in trouble and Scott acted as judge, jury and executioner.
"The message is that we can all go out and get guns and feel anybody that we feel is threatening us and lie about the fact,” said Jim Cervini, Christopher’s father. “My son never threatened anybody. He was a gentle child, his nature was gentle, he was a good person and he was never, ever arrested for anything, and has never been in trouble. He was 16 years and four months old, and he was slaughtered."
Scott says he acted in self defense when he confronted Cervini and two others saying they were stealing from neighbors cars. He told them he had a gun and ordered them to freeze and wait for police.
Scott says he shot Cervini twice when the victim charged toward him yelling he was going to get Scott.
"How can this happen to a beautiful, sweet child like that?” asked Cervini’s aunt Carol Cervini. “All he wanted to do was go home. And then for them to say, he was saying, 'Please don't kill me. I'm just a kid,' and he just kept on shooting him."
Scott says the last seven months have been difficult for him and his family. If he could go back to the events in the early morning hours of April 4, there are things he says he would do differently.
"If it meant a person not losing their life, absolutely,” he said. “Would I still have tried to stop what was going on? That I would have done. But if I knew ahead of time that I could do something to help somebody from losing their life, I don't want anyone to lose their life."
Scott says the first thing he was going to do was go home and get a good night sleep. When asked if he'll continue living in his current home, which is just one street away from the Cervini's, he said “for the time being.”

Jury Finds Roderick Scott Not Guilty - Rochester

Old 07-23-2013, 12:19 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,304,124 times
Their choice. If they want to lose the money they'd make by playing dates in Florida, it's up to them.

Old 07-23-2013, 12:24 PM

19,784 posts, read 15,121,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
How many threads on the same topic do we need?

Never enough, it seems.

Old 07-23-2013, 12:26 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,976,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
How many threads on the same topic do we need?
That was going to be my question..... it's a none event. it's too bad what the PC want.

For once justice was served and the guy that won is part BLACK, a point missed by all blacks and most whiners. In fact Zimmerman is 1/4er BLACK.

No one cares the LAW was served and there was NO EVIDENCE!

Old 07-23-2013, 12:28 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,948,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordlover View Post
Sad thing is by boycotting an area, they are really only hurting themselves. Are they going to boycott all US states that allow self defense? I think that's all 50, they'll have to start performing overseas only.
how is mulit-millionaires boycotting florida exactly hurting themselves?

These artist and others are just begining to flex their economic muscle...

Look at the millions Rush lost in the Sandra Fluke mistake or Paula Deen for just mentioning the N word...

just remember when the state of idaho wanted to pass Homophobic laws, the threat of boycott of Mc Donalds french fries made politicians sing another tune.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies