Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 03:10 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,789,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
In response and due to the ‘stand your ground’ law on the books in florida! Along with the great stevie wonder, the following acts have canceled (all) of their up-n-coming concert dates, in and around florida, indefinitely!!! Or until the law in florida is abolished.

Mary - mary
rod stewart
eddie levert
maze/frankie beverly
patti labelle
parliament/funkadelic
the rolling stones
madonna
alishia keys
usher,
will.i.am
r. Kelly
trey songz
rihana
erykah badu,
mary j. Blige
"jay-z"
"kanye west"
wale'
young jeezy,
charlie wilson,
joe
ciara
kelly rowland
keyshia cole
justin timberlake

now, if you add all those ticket sales up you are talking billions!

Justin timberlake 20/20 vision tour was due to kick off in miami - he canceled and he quoted:

"i refuse to entertain a state who's government allows people to shoot-n-kill un-armed teenagers!"
Inaccurate title to the thread.

"Stand your ground" did not cause cancellations.

Various pinheaded artists with little or no understanding of what "stand your ground" means, caused those cancellations.

If they want to cancel their own concerts, that's their right and privilege. There's even a category for such acts: "Cutting off your nose to spite your face".

Mary, Rod, Eddie and all the rest: You have the right to remain stupid. You have the right to pay your concert promoters whatever cancellation penalties you contracted for, for backing out of a signed contract for no good reason. If you cannot afford the consequences of your actions, a welfare case worker will be assigned to commiserate with you. If you do not understand these rights I have read to you, that's too bad. If you wonder why your popularity has decreased after doing so, it's because nobody finds you important enough to pay attention to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2013, 03:11 PM

29,407 posts, read 22,021,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rggr View Post
Yeah, but they wanted him to check out a kid in Florida.
I wonder if the SEC will stop recruiting football players from Florida in protest too? lol

Old 07-22-2013, 03:12 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,145,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I can't believe the Stones are even touring still. And Rod Stewart?
Saw Rod Stewart in concert back in the 80's. He forgot the words to "Do you think I'm sexy." I thought it odd.. Then read an on-line review from a different town... It seems it was part of the "show." Personally thought the schtick wasn't worth the price of the ticket. Liked his music... but not much after the show....

Old 07-22-2013, 03:12 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,624,025 times
Again for the 1000 time....SYG wasn't even part of the defense....gosh you liberal entertainers-at least get your facts straight...and I wouldn't pay 5 cents to see any of the acts. The Rolling Stones? Aren't they about 70 years old? Yeah...I would rather spend $70 on something worth wild..

Kanye West? My dog has more talent....

I really don't see any "massive cancellations" here.

Old 07-22-2013, 03:13 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Quote:
In response and due to the ‘stand your ground’ law on the books in florida! Along with the great stevie wonder, the following acts have canceled (all) of their up-n-coming concert dates, in and around florida, indefinitely!!! Or until the law in florida is abolished.

Mary - mary
rod stewart
eddie levert
maze/frankie beverly
patti labelle
parliament/funkadelic
the rolling stones
madonna
alishia keys
usher,
will.i.am
r. Kelly
trey songz
rihana
erykah badu,
mary j. Blige
"jay-z"
"kanye west"
wale'
young jeezy,
charlie wilson,
joe
ciara
kelly rowland
keyshia cole
justin timberlake

Justin timberlake 20/20 vision tour was due to kick off in miami - he canceled and he quoted:

"i refuse to entertain a state who's government allows people to shoot-n-kill un-armed teenagers!"
Where is the credible source of this information?

The Rolling Stones were never scheduled to play Miami. Their U.S. tour has concluded and they are back in London.

5,295 posts, read 5,242,493 times
Quote:

Mary - mary
rod stewart - had no concerts scheduled in FL in 2013
eddie levert
maze/frankie beverly
patti labelle- none scheduled in FL
parliament/funkadelic
the rolling stones - I dont see the Stones performing anywhere
madonna - dont see any tours for this one either
alishia keys -nothing scheduled in FL for 2013
usher - dont see anything here
will.i.am
r. Kelly
trey songz
rihana
erykah badu,
mary j. Blige
"jay-z"
"kanye west"
wale'
young jeezy,
charlie wilson,
joe
ciara
kelly rowland
keyshia cole
justin timberlake - has a concert in Miami on 8-16, nothing on his website about a cancel

I didnt check the other ones, Ive never heard of them. So I just checked a random sampling; none that I checked even have concerts in Florida this year, only Justin Timberlake. I can't find anywhere (other than this post) that says he's cancelled. Im calling BS on this.

I hope Stevie Wonder does boycott Florida...nothing worse than a blind racist.

14,292 posts, read 9,685,403 times
Quote:
Never mind that SYG was not even an issue in the Trayvon shooting; these people you listed, if true, are all ignorant fools

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
arent there like 22-30 states with similar or better SYG laws ?
should someone tell those dingalings the rest of the list so they can enforce their convictions ?

did anyone look for a link or is this typical liberal daydreams ?
Nah, a typical liberal daydream is that conservatives will stop trying to mount the high moral horse they have no clue how to ride and stop spending like drunken sailors and growing government for things that suit their agenda.

3,997 posts, read 4,145,823 times
Quote:
I wonder if the SEC will stop recruiting football players from Florida in protest too? lol
LOL... Nope, but you can guarantee that other coach's will USE it....

4,160 posts, read 5,624,025 times
Quote:

Ha! Players like Aaron Hernandez??? Sorry I couldn't resist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies