Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 09:09 AM

6,476 posts, read 7,324,646 times

Advertisements

Was it the Right-wingers who appointed GE CEO Jeffrey Immelt "Jobs Czar"? (You know...the one who sent thousands of American jobs to China?)

(For the tragically dense I point out that it was President Barack Obama that appointed Immelt.)

On a related matter, the Right-wingers are thought to be responsible for the fact that ice cream cones aren't filled all the way to the bottom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2013, 09:11 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
I really hate how they make you have to click for see the next item on the list in these stupid stories.

Every company could be on this list depending on the person and circumstances.
It's called exposing you to more advertising, and it is a smart move.

We understand that you are a liberal and thus may not appreciate means of making money other than receiving or giving government handouts using money confiscated at gunpoint, but in the real world people earn money more honestly.

Besides, it isn't that much hard work to click a mouse button.

Old 07-26-2013, 09:16 AM

9,173 posts, read 13,256,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
You need to return to my post. I SAID that that's how I knew they (right wingers, if you need it spelled out for you) had finally begun impoverishing our country, by the fact that Dollar Generals were springing up all over the nation, and Dollar Generals began springing up decades ago, when the right wingers had taken over our country.
Honestly as an Independent I do not see much difference between the right wingers that have damaged this country and the left wingers that have damaged this country.

Both Republicans and Democrats have signed on to just about every international "free" trade deal that has come about in the last 50 years, even with countries which are too poor to even buy our products. And both parties have allowed a massive influx of cheap labor into the country to compete directly with Americans. And yet the Democrats have the audacity to claim to be the party of labor and the middle & working classes!

Way to destroy a nation in a generation or two. At least we kept the big multi-nationals corps happy.

Old 07-26-2013, 09:24 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,960,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LINative View Post
Honestly as an Independent I do not see much difference between the right wingers that have damaged this country and the left wingers that have damaged this country.

Both Republicans and Democrats have signed on to just about every international "free" trade deal that has come about in the last 50 years, even with countries which are too poor to even buy our products. And both parties have allowed a massive influx of cheap labor into the country to compete directly with Americans. And yet the Democrats have the audacity to claim to be the party of labor and the middle & working classes!

Way to destroy a nation in a generation or two. At least we kept the big multi-nationals corps happy.
You got that right, except where you conflate left wingers with Democratic administrations. There's wasn't much left wing about Clinton and certainly nothing lefty about Obama. Democrats get the labor vote by at least paying attention to them in local and state politics, it's pure lip service on the federal level.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:07 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,120,804 times
Quote:
You need to return to my post. I SAID that that's how I knew they (right wingers, if you need it spelled out for you) had finally begun impoverishing our country, by the fact that Dollar Generals were springing up all over the nation, and Dollar Generals began springing up decades ago, when the right wingers had taken over our country.
I fully understand what you wrote. It's just as stupid as much as most of the other things you wrote.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:10 AM

3,337 posts, read 5,120,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamofmonterey View Post
I havent seen many 'micromanaged college students' working at the Dollar Store. Seriously where do you get this bizarre talking point?.

Yes, poor people exist (especially in the south). Some of these people barely have a GED and have kids to feed. So they work at a junk store.

rwnjs hating on the poorest of the poor here ought to know better. Im sure there's plenty of Dollar Generals in Arkansas, home of China-mart.

Saritaschowchow is the one hating on the poor. She's turning up her nose at Dollar General's and Goodwill Stores because of some supposed Righ-Wing conspiracy. Who benefits the most from these stores??? The poor. I guess she's too good to see them "popping up all over". Hopefully there aren't any on the way to her nearest Starbucks.

Old 07-26-2013, 10:15 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,131,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
I have to agree with NmNita's and Oldhag's posts, they're pretty much spot on.

Maybe some of those dollar store jobs are the kind where public assistance people go to state employment agencies for, after all, we know those employees aren't the most knowledgeable or friendly.
What kind of "knowledge" could you possibly need out of a dollar store worker other than someone smart enough to ring you up at the checkout?

I don't know about you, but I don't walk into a dollar store expecting an ounce of help from any of the employees because I don't go in there expecting to have any questions for them. Either the store has what I need, or it doesn't.

Old 07-26-2013, 11:02 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,242,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
What kind of "knowledge" could you possibly need out of a dollar store worker other than someone smart enough to ring you up at the checkout?

I don't know about you, but I don't walk into a dollar store expecting an ounce of help from any of the employees because I don't go in there expecting to have any questions for them. Either the store has what I need, or it doesn't.
Example: asking a employee where something is located when the customer can't find it for one. Because if you have ever visited any of these cheap stores, you must know how disorganized they really are.

two: a certain item rings up a price which the customer feels isn't correct, then the employee needs to summon the store assistant-store manager to give it to the customer for the price the customer said it was. Why this happens? Because employees who stock items don't always place the replenished stock in the correct locations because they either can't read, or just don't give a darn where they put merchandise because the store manager is hounding employees to hurry up and get stuff accomplished.

Ever been in a dollar store with one checkout line open, only one employee working and the line is nearly to the back of the store?

Old 07-26-2013, 11:18 AM

29,939 posts, read 39,473,584 times
Quote:
I don't think you know what you're talking about...

Dollar General Company Founder Passes Away at 85

Old 07-26-2013, 11:34 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,175,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
Not to be too sadistic, but I've seen people like you after you lose your job and end up working at places like some on that list. The vacant look in your eyes and that show of resignation. Much of the time, you don't last too long.

If you want to talk about a job that requires little in the way of skills or education, let's talk about realtors and sales in general. I have yet to see any reasons a high school dropout who's reasonably skilled at lying cannot outperform the many airheads in this field who did manage to finish high school.

To qualify for a real estate license you have to take classes and pass tests in law, math, ethics, etc.

I don't know what you are selling that makes you think that lying is involved in the process.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies