Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2013, 10:27 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tottie13 View Post
What year was this and no offense but black men weren't trained to be good fathers and husbands since we've been handicapped in the education nd training department since the early 1900's. If you research it you'll see black women got the nod ahead of black men when education came into play. Even though the courses where called babysitter and dress maker and knitting and so forth black men were always considered blue collar because we were always pushed towards outside work while sisters got the indoor jobs.

So I don't expect any era of black women to soley be the financial bread winner and cook and clean for a man who can't pay the bills, not out of hate but by design. Black women never had the luxuries white women enjoyed period.

So what year are we speaking of?
Did you read my post? Not sure your post has to do with mine. I cannot speak for the black American experience. My post involved people of recent Caribbean & African background and one White American girl.

Old 08-04-2013, 10:28 AM

1,041 posts, read 1,522,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
No, it doesn't. White criminality went on from hundreds of years. African leaders may have sold slaves, like many other leaders around the world. However, they did not commit the hundreds of years of atrocities that many White Americans did on American soil. Not only slavery but the genocide of Native Americans that they refuse to acknowledge. But yet what to talk about genocide that happens elsewhere. They fool no one but themselves. And they you wonder why the Muslim world laughs at American criticism of their religion and cultures...
Who cares? I'm concerned about 2013, what's going on now and keeping a comfort level. It's called self-preservation.

Old 08-04-2013, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Bowa View Post
Yeah, but we've progressed. It'd be nice if you'd get with the program.
You all have not gotten my level yet. YOU should get a better program. Your progression is pretty darn poor based on where you could be.

Quote:
Who cares? I'm concerned about 2013, what's going on now and keeping a comfort level. It's called self-preservation.
Well then YOU should get it together. You conveniently don't care because you don't understand human history and how it repeats itself. That has everything to do with self-preservation.

Old 08-04-2013, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
You all have not gotten my level yet. YOU should get a better program. Your progression is pretty darn poor based on where you could be.

Well then YOU should get it together. You conveniently don't care because you don't understand human history and how it repeats itself. That has everything to do with self-preservation.
LOL! I understand the Caribbean is the model of civility.

Old 08-04-2013, 10:55 AM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
My personal solution is to deal with them as little as possible.
In short, you judge the entire Black population based on the actions of specific segment of the Black population. I got it now. I will say this. If all you are going to do is complain about Black people, you're part of the problem in this nation.

Old 08-04-2013, 11:01 AM

Quote:
I'm talking black guy/white woman relationships, not black men as a whole.
I addressed the issue that you don't want to see Black men and White women dating. You see, I don't think like you. I go by the individual. To every statistic, there is an individual behind it. I actually know of some Black male/white female couples that don't fit your description, so I have to call you out on your bigoted views. I look at it like this. I tend to be pro-interracial marriage myself. Race is not an issue for me. If ever an opportunity presented itself for me to date a woman who happened to be White, and she was of high quality, then I would date her. The same reigns true if the opportunity presents itself for me to date a high quality Black woman.

Old 08-04-2013, 11:02 AM

Quote:
That's no excuse for the current typical black behavior. And I've spent time down South, don't even try it.
Well, we could also say the same for your views on Blacks. There is no excuse for it either.

And I currently live in the South, in the exurbs of Atlanta. I'm basically 45 minutes away from the Georgia/Alabama border. This so-called "typical Black behavior" is UNDERCLASS behavior. It is not a "Black thing" to behave poorly. This is an underclass issue. I've seen Black people behavior badly. I'm not denying that. I've been assaulted by a group of young Black men before, and I've also been robbed. I've also seen alot of White people behave badly. I've been on the receiving end of that behavior. I've been shot with a paintball gun, my house vandalized, my locker broken into when I was in high school, some kids tried to put me in a storm drain, and some other things. All of those things were done by young White kids. However, I'm not sitting here making justifications for being prejudice. I take people as individuals. I understand it was those particular individuals who were victimizing me. I understand it was not the entire White population. You seem to approach things as "Blacks are a problem". I don't approach things like that, because I've been taught not to judge people based on the worst of a population.

Last edited by green_mariner; 08-04-2013 at 11:15 AM..

Old 08-04-2013, 11:12 AM

Quote:
LOL! I understand the Caribbean is the model of civility.
Who said that? However, for young nations, plenty of them are coming along. Regardless, my post was in response your statement for me to get with your program. My response is "no, thank you" because you are not on my level yet, and neither are many of those who consider your own. Many have had generations in the U.S. without oppression and have not reached levels that plenty of us have attained in one generation. Further, your world views and grasp of reality is poor in my opinion. It would be a step backwards and beneath me to adopt your program and mentality.

Old 08-04-2013, 11:34 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,898,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
In short, you judge the entire Black population based on the actions of specific segment of the Black population. I got it now. I will say this. If all you are going to do is complain about Black people, you're part of the problem in this nation.
As I previously stated..... Check out the Philadelphia forums. This type of stuff is the NORM and if you check out Philly.com it's even more blatant. The story could focus on the Philadelphia flower show and the great turn out. Guess what? The Philly.com "REGULARS" will start to chime in on how bad the union workers are and allude to them being black, lazy, and mean. That will lead into Obama, his wife & kids, then the liberals, the entire democratic party, etc;. Made up facts they could hardly ever back up but will sit at their desk and type garbage like "Everybody knows it's the truth." "These are facts!" "Yadda yadda blah blah blah..Blacks!"

Old 08-04-2013, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tottie13 View Post
This is why it's to take a lot of you conservatives seriously, you don't care about history at all, you just finger point. This type of forum caters to your kind and you love it here because you would quit other places where your hypocrisy would be pointed out.

U.S. Crime Rates 1960-2010: The Facts Might Surprise You
I'm not a conservative.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies