Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2013, 01:44 PM

5,094 posts, read 5,175,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by workaholics View Post
The good news: In Gallup's latest poll, a record 87% of Americans approve of interracial marriage between blacks and whites, up from 4% in 1958. This issue has broad support among all races and regions of the country, even the south (83% support).

In U.S., 87% Approve of Black-White Marriage, vs. 4% in 1958

The not so great news: Since Gallup began polling the issue in 1968, there has always been a gap between the opinions of blacks and whites. In the first survey, 56% of blacks approved yet only 17% of whites said the same. Since then it has narrowed by a lot, but today the approval gap between blacks and whites is still 12 points (96% approval to 84% approval.)

I'd like to know what people think of this, especially the white conservatives on this forum who constantly argue that blacks are just as racist as whites.

This reminds me of this topic I brought up about the 2000 initiative in Alabama to legalize interracial marriage
//www.city-data.com/forum/elect...ites-myth.html
It's called "marrying up". This is no different than trying to snag a doctor or a lawyer.

Old 08-05-2013, 01:56 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,521,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Bowa View Post
Because we're rebeling against the government, Hollywood and the mainstream media by keeping the truth alive.
you got to get your double wide azz off that recliner to rebel. lolcats produce more internet wisdom than online klansmen.

Old 08-05-2013, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Io.I View Post
Say what?! Can you be a race while being an ethnicity or nationality or commonwealthian? I believe you can.

If they attacked her because of her appearance and not her hair or skin color then why did they attack her? What aspect of her appearance? You know it's because of her color, hair and features and because those are closer to white than black. As far as her being mixed there is a high probability because she is Puerto Rican but not absolute. You just hate to think that black people can be racists. There's no avoiding it. And you don't have to attack a white person or asian to exclusively be a racist. The victim can be Latino too who might have african ancestry. Afterall the same (false) accusation of racism was made of Zimmerman and he's 1/4 Black Black Black. Oh it's ok when you make the accusations but others meh not. Puhlease.

Ssy what?! That has no bearing on the video or what we are talking about. That's like saying that white racist hate crimes don't exist because white people attack other white people all the time.
did I say you can't be a race, ethnicity and a nationality? please show me where. a person can be black and Puerto rican. if they are beat up by black americans because they are Puerto Rican, that's not racism. they're the same race.

Old 08-05-2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribdoll View Post
Aaahhhh you mean that they weren't destroying the earth. Be jealous of those who brought death & destruction wherever they went...yea ok.
truth...I always say if white racists want all the credit for creating modern civilization they also need to take credit for destroying the planet.

Old 08-05-2013, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot_Handz View Post
My grandparents were Polish and Hungarian immigrants...they were treated like **** and worked in life threatening conditions...but still made it work and didn't whine about it.

Is that the awesome white experience?
of course they "whined" about it. no one, but other immigrants were listening. are black people the only people you think "whine" about the oppression we face in this country? don't gays "whine" about their hardships? what about latinos? women? what you call "whining" gave way to a better life for many who were not white, protestant males. grow up and read a history book or something.

Old 08-05-2013, 02:04 PM

4,520 posts, read 4,211,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
It's called "marrying up". This is no different than trying to snag a doctor or a lawyer.
You flatter yourself. Many whites are poor as hell. Interracial marriages are usually seen in those from the same class.

In fact, I would wager that white women marry up, because they get a more successful black guy than they would a white guy.

Old 08-05-2013, 03:00 PM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Can you back up your claims? Or are you just against interracial marriage?

Old 08-05-2013, 03:03 PM

73,032 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Bowa View Post
Because we're rebeling against the government, Hollywood and the mainstream media by keeping the truth alive.
What truth? All I see from you are complaints.

Old 08-05-2013, 03:41 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,522,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
What truth? All I see from you are complaints.
Got it, Sparky ... when you read something you dislike, you label it a "complaint."

Old 08-05-2013, 03:43 PM

1,041 posts, read 1,522,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, I am going to educate you since it seems that there is alot of misconception here. When you say "their own", it shows how little you know. There are hundreds of different ethnicities in Africa. The native languages are not the same. The Fulani, Woodabe, Mandinka, Venda, Matabele,Hutu,Tutsi, Ndebele, Xhosa, Kikuyu, Luo, Wolof, etc. The same goes for "Native Americans". You have the Navajo, Comanche, Haida,Chickasaw, Choctaw, Cherokee, Iroquois, Ojibwe, Chippewa, Hidatsa, Nez Perce, Shoshoni, Apache, Maya, Aztec, etc. They are all of different ethnicities, so this idea of "they went after their own people" is a fallacy on so many levels, and it shows a very high level of ignorance. Wars were between different ethnicities. It was no different than when the fighting in former Yugoslavia took place. Or when sectarian violence was taking place in Northern Ireland. Atrocities took place between fellow Americans during the Civil War.
They're still all of the same race.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies