Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2014, 02:08 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
Check into the marriage stats of black men who become very successful, you'll see their preference changes.
Post the stats yourself. I wanna see ' em.

Old 04-27-2014, 02:29 PM

39,076 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Love is love and I will always support that between a man and a woman.

But on the other hand will we be happy in 100 years when the mixing results in Americans that pretty much look all alike? I like the variety and I have to think that God had his reasons for the way we look, even though he did create us all equal.

Will we have no more blond, blue eyed or dark haired, fair skinned with green eyes women? I mean, to me that's a tragedy if that happens. Hundreds of thousands of years of evolution stomped out?

I just hope that the causasian race doesn't disappear is all, but I'll be long gone before that happens so what the heck.

I'm 100% German and my wife is mostly Scandinavian. I have dark haired kids with brown eyes and I have a couple of blond kids with blue eyes. I just think that variety, if it goes away would be sad.
When I lived in Germany I could never get over how they all looked so much alike in a given part. Americans, in contrast, come in so many shades and colors and combos that we are pretty unique in the world that way although that is changing. That is because of our muddled ancestry and gene pools. Mixing leads to diversity of appearance, not the other way around. On the other hand, brown eyes are dominant and eventually blue might disappear. You will disappear long before that though, so don't sweat it.

Old 04-27-2014, 02:31 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,909,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
What you "know" isn't so. Hispanic men have the highest intermarriage rate of all males.

//www.city-data.com/forum/34546251-post567.html
Uh; "Hispanic" ain't a race. Many ARE "white" like most Cubans in the US and even some Mexicans and Puerto Ricans.

Old 04-27-2014, 02:38 PM

39,076 posts, read 51,246,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
That shows something I have long suspected. Interracial dating and marriage is more common and more acceptable in the western US. From personal experience, I have never run across anyone who seems to bat an eye about it in AZ, CA, OR, WA, NM, CO, WY, etc. The only places that I have gotten a second glance are Idaho, and Utah - the Mormon enclaves - and it is rare there as well. Certainly hispanic/white asian/white is so commonplace in the western states that it would be considered "normal". Black/white is not much further behind. You see couples and kids everywhere you go. East of the Pecos is a different world.

Old 04-27-2014, 03:21 PM

8,572 posts, read 8,543,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9162 View Post
Check into the marriage stats of black men who become very successful, you'll see their preference changes.

Actually a Pew survey shows that there isn't much difference between the intermarriage rates of black men with college degrees and black men who lack this.

So there is a fallacy that successful black men abandon black women. They don't. the problem that black women have is that there are significantly more college educated black women than black men (this trend is also beginning to occur among whites by the way), and so black women have a deep challenge in finding black men who they think will be compatible.

Old 04-27-2014, 03:24 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,227,263 times
I wonder how Asians match up? You want to see people who get down right derogatory about visit a few Asian forums and read the hate filled posts about white men marrying Asian women.

Old 04-27-2014, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by caribny View Post
Actually a Pew survey shows that there isn't much difference between the intermarriage rates of black men with college degrees and black men who lack this.

So there is a fallacy that successful black men abandon black women. They don't. the problem that black women have is that there are significantly more college educated black women than black men (this trend is also beginning to occur among whites by the way), and so black women have a deep challenge in finding black men who they think will be compatible.
Correct. Why this myth about successful black men wanting only white women continues to persist I'll never know.

In my circle...which includes mostly brothers that are family and old college buddies, I'm one of the few that is interracially married. And this is in a state where interracial relationships are extremely popular.

Most brothers prefer black women hands down...that's all there is to it. Yeah, we're more accepting of interracial relationships and marriages, but folks shouldn't take anything more from that fact than what it is...we're accepting people.

Old 04-27-2014, 04:24 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,565 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Correct. Why this myth about successful black men wanting only white women continues to persist I'll never know.
Its sports.

Football and Basketball players are seen with their wives or girl friends on reality shows, ESPN and local TV.

Old 04-27-2014, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
I wonder how Asians match up? You want to see people who get down right derogatory about visit a few Asian forums and read the hate filled posts about white men marrying Asian women.
Asian males are EXTREMELY bitter about it. I didn't understand the level of anger over it until I had a heart to heart with a few Asian American pals of mine from college when they let their guard down about it. I was floored at how visceral the anger was.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies