Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 07:31 AM

73,031 posts, read 62,622,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Too bad the marriage rate is running in the opposite direction of 'out of wedlock' births in that demographic.....like Al Capone saying he supports his local police.

Then again when the media showcases guys who have 14 kids with 12 women, you had better hide your sheep and cattle.
So what are you trying to say regarding interracial marriages that involve Blacks?

Old 08-06-2013, 09:58 AM

641 posts, read 1,021,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
So what are you trying to say regarding interracial marriages that involve Blacks?
that they like the "white wemmenz!!!!"

Old 08-06-2013, 10:59 AM

5,094 posts, read 5,175,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
First all of, can you prove that President Obama has a brother living in a hut, or is this just a way for you to insult someone in a sly way?

Second of all, what does anything you are saying have to do with interracial marriage? This is one celebrity marrying another. No different than a hair dresser marrying an auto mechanic. My issue is that you believe that Blacks see interracial marriage as "moving up" or "marrying up". Can you back your statement up? If not, then what you have said is fallacious, and could be a sly way of talking poorly of interracial marriage.

I admit that I am not a fan of interracial marriage. Eventually, the world will be populated by people that all look alike. I want to retain my race just as most members of other races want to retain theirs.

Old 08-06-2013, 11:12 AM

31,072 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
so you're saying Africans lived in Africa for thousands of years without white people, generation after generation and all they ate was sand? we truly are an amazing people. meanwhile, back in the gulf coast.....
Well, considering we are all from Africa if you go back thousands of years ago, everybodies lineage is African so we would all be eating sand....yuk

Apparently, Humans need to differentiate themselves from other humans based on Race, Religion, Nationality, Tribe, hair color or any number of reasons. Racism is just one of many isms. It's persistent in our DNA to develop a tribe mentality and to differentiate every other tribe as being in competition with our own tribe.

Old 08-06-2013, 11:19 AM

31,072 posts, read 22,086,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
I admit that I am not a fan of interracial marriage. Eventually, the world will be populated by people that all look alike. I want to retain my race just as most members of other races want to retain theirs.
How about if your mixed like many people in the Middle East or North Africa (Some very White and Others very Black, but many just a multitude of colors in between). Or how about Thomas Jeffereson's part Black, Great Great Great grand children who identify as White (Same would apply to the ones that Identify as Black). Can they continue to claim their Whiteness or do they have to claim mixed?

Old 08-06-2013, 12:24 PM

5,648 posts, read 8,058,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Too bad the marriage rate is running in the opposite direction of 'out of wedlock' births in that demographic.....like Al Capone saying he supports his local police.

Then again when the media showcases guys who have 14 kids with 12 women, you had better hide your sheep and cattle.
The falling marriage rate is also common among whites. Whenever I hear about divorce either online or in the media, most of them are white.

Old 08-06-2013, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Well thankfully, you aren't in a position of power to prevent people from marrying interracially. You see, this is something you must know. Racism starts out with bigoted opinions, but it is more than that. It is about having power over someone. I just hope you don't end up in a position of power to make decisions based on what you believe about race.

And something else. Why would you stoop to passive-aggressive comments about interracial marriage? I want to hear from you. I might have an idea, but I want to hear from you personally.

Old 08-06-2013, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Well, considering we are all from Africa if you go back thousands of years ago, everybodies lineage is African so we would all be eating sand....yuk

Apparently, Humans need to differentiate themselves from other humans based on Race, Religion, Nationality, Tribe, hair color or any number of reasons. Racism is just one of many isms. It's persistent in our DNA to develop a tribe mentality and to differentiate every other tribe as being in competition with our own tribe.
Racism is about having power and control over others.

Old 08-06-2013, 02:05 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Io.I View Post
Does zimmerman look black?

AGAIN:
"You just hate to think that black people can be racists. There's no avoiding it. And you don't have to attack a white person or asian to exclusively be a racist. The victim can be Latino too who might have african ancestry. Afterall the same (false) accusation of racism was made of Zimmerman and he's 1/4 Black Black Black. Oh it's ok when you make the accusations but others meh not. Puhlease."
Zimmerman looks mestizo. Just b/c his grandfather was dark doesn't mean he has significant black african blood. His grandfather could have been mostly native.

Old 08-06-2013, 02:08 PM

22,768 posts, read 30,737,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workaholics View Post
I'd like to know what people think of this, especially the white conservatives on this forum who constantly argue that blacks are just as racist as whites.
(A) is unwillingness to intermarry with outside groups an indication of racism ?

(B) the gap between blacks and whites was 12%, while the gap between young and old was 26%. Given that the median white American is 9 years older than the median black American, how do we know that this "race gap" isn't actually an "age gap" that's being misread?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies