Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What type immigration should greatly limited or banned?
Islamic Immigration 14 56.00%
3rd world/unskilled labor 20 80.00%
People with incompatible political ideologies 13 52.00%
Peoples with infectious diseases 18 72.00%
Other 10 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2013, 11:57 AM

63,007 posts, read 29,203,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackscorpion View Post
Tbere is nothing wrong with speaking another language. I do and its helped my job search tremendously. I am about to learn a third one too
It shouldn't help with your job search unless you plan on working in the tourist industry or dealing with countries abroad (but even at that English is the language of business across the world). Native English speakers should not be discriminated against in hiring practices just because they don't speak Spanish to accommodate illegal aliens. Most Hispanic-Americans know how to speak English so why otherwise are native English speakers being discriminated against other than a business wishing to make a profit off of illegal aliens whom don't speak English? Like it or not this nation's de facto language is English!

Old 07-26-2013, 12:37 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,851,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It shouldn't help with your job search unless you plan on working in the tourist industry or dealing with countries abroad (but even at that English is the language of business across the world). Native English speakers should not be discriminated against in hiring practices just because they don't speak Spanish to accommodate illegal aliens. Most Hispanic-Americans know how to speak English so why otherwise are native English speakers being discriminated against other than a business wishing to make a profit off of illegal aliens whom don't speak English? Like it or not this nation's de facto language is English!
The earlier topic had a poll selection for whether legal immigrants should be barred for not speaking English. As such, there are no English language requirements until an immigrant would naturalize. This topic is now in the Legal Immigration section, and has nothing to do with illegal immigration by the nature of its discussion.

Old 07-26-2013, 01:19 PM

42 posts, read 61,140 times
Islamic and 3rd world

Old 07-26-2013, 03:28 PM

23,567 posts, read 24,096,042 times
Unskilled labor should be limited. We want highly educated people to create companies, which in turn, create jobs!

Old 07-26-2013, 04:38 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,748,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccm123 View Post
Unskilled labor should be limited. We want highly educated people to create companies, which in turn, create jobs!
Too much logic for the left, to them you must be a elitist racist lol...morons.

Old 07-26-2013, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunlover View Post
Too much logic for the left, to them you must be a elitist racist lol...morons.
Yeah, those leftist, elitist, racists are really something, lol, lol, mouth-breathers. But most legal immigration still originates from a marriage to a U.S. citizen. Most times, the home country of those spouses is in the third-world.

You wanna specify what country my spouse could have come from? What an elite, most-likely racist concept that defies logic. lol.

Old 07-26-2013, 07:27 PM

9,282 posts, read 6,748,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Yeah, those leftist, elitist, racists are really something, lol, lol, mouth-breathers. But most legal immigration still originates from a marriage to a U.S. citizen. Most times, the home country of those spouses is in the third-world.

You wanna specify what country my spouse could have come from? What an elite, most-likely racist concept that defies logic. lol.
I love marriage based immigration the idea of a US national sharing love and liberty with their spouse, achieving happiness and joy that they could never experience without each other, is a great thing.., massive 3rd world immigration on the other hand, no. it lowers wages, results in limiting freedom because they often elect statist because they are uneducated about cause and effect of their view and the their consequences.

Old 07-26-2013, 08:12 PM

63,007 posts, read 29,203,719 times
Quote:
I love marriage based immigration the idea of a US national sharing love and liberty with their spouse, achieving happiness and joy that they could never experience without each other, is a great thing.., massive 3rd world immigration on the other hand, no. it lowers wages, results in limiting freedom because they often elect statist because they are uneducated about cause and effect of their view and the their consequences.
Unfortunately, most foreign spouses of American citizens are from Mexico so in a sense it does equate to a massive 3rd world immigration. Does nothing to promote diversity either.

Old 07-26-2013, 08:43 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,167,316 times
Quote:
The stereotype of 3rd-world immigrants being uneducated and low skilled is not true. 3rd-world immigrants settle where they can be content. This is near people who are similar to themselves and they can compete with. That's why states with uneducated people, like TX, WV, NV, attract uneducated 3rd-world immigrants. States like MA, CO, CT, NJ attract educated and highly skilled 3rd-world immigrants (often from Germany, Japan, India, China, etc).

Old 07-26-2013, 10:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Unfortunately, most foreign spouses of American citizens are from Mexico so in a sense it does equate to a massive 3rd world immigration. Does nothing to promote diversity either.
Explain why you are phrasing the term "unfortunately" for spouses of that country compared to another. Do the origins from any other countries get the same displeasure from you? Is it a disappointment to you that immigrants aren't selected by ethnicity, but rather by commonly qualifying by a relationship to a U.S. citizen?

Quote:
So how do you then resolve that to the somewhat irrational response you had earlier, where you equated that the system qualifying spouses from third-world countries as "elitist" and "racist", from a political perspective of the "left"? My spouse (with more education than I had completed) and stepchildren immigrated at a time of a Republican administration, and have more of a conservative outlook than I do. Earlier in this thread, another member had said that immigrants of the last twenty years had "infested America".

As the OP, which of your own poll structures had you selected?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies