Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2013, 10:49 PM

24,488 posts, read 41,141,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jews for Jesus View Post
OP is asking for Christian only statues
Yes, but once the Christian-only statue is on the lawn, others will want their own. And no one has any basis to deny them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2013, 10:56 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,579,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chenika View Post
There should be only one religion (Christianity) since we got independence from England (Christian nation) and most Americans are Christians. However, all people should have the freedom to believe in any religion or lack thereof.

All I ask is to be allowed to have Christian symbols in public square without being sued, or any whining.
'Faith' is free to be practiced in your home and church.

Just like you want symbols etc in public square, there are people that don't. Just because YOU want people to be ok with it, you should also then be ok with the fact that theres is people who dont want it shoved down their throat.

It goes both ways!

Old 07-27-2013, 11:20 PM

1,028 posts, read 1,881,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Yes, but once the Christian-only statue is on the lawn, others will want their own. And no one has any basis to deny them.
OP like Tea Partyans would like to live under Christian theocracy. Our constitutions prohibits that, otherwise they would have hijacked the government long time ago. In college, one Christian fundie wanted to ban all religions except Christianity in public sphere and government.

Old 07-28-2013, 05:48 AM

4,585 posts, read 12,366,662 times
Quote:
Why is there separation of church and state in the United States? It seems like the government promotes atheism which is unfair too. It is quite sad that we cannot put Christian symbols in the public square without being sued by non-Christians, teaching some religion, and observe more Christian holidays as national holidays. Why would people be bothered with having Jesus and/or Virgin Mary statue at city hall and local DMV?

I wish we had state church with still freedom of speech and freedom of religion.

I like the way the UK, Canada, Germany, Austria, Israel, etc. are.... - Both democracy and religion together.
My suggestion is you go live in one of those countries. I'm not christian nor was I raised christian, I follow my ancestors spirituality who were here long before euros were.

I for one am quite happy that there is separation of church and state.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:06 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Separation of church and state preserves freedom of religion. Please review history and see the issues that have arisen when there was a lack of separation. The Founders of this nation created a religiously neutral society in order to allow people to practice (or not practice) religion according to the dictates of their consciences.

And who are you to force your version of Christianity on me? I hold different Christians beliefs than you. Thank God for separation of church and state.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:17 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,175,095 times
Quote:
^^ Africa is still a very diverse nation. Northern Africa is white. Jesus was middle eastern / Jewish, and his skin was white. Look at Jews today.... He looked like them. Being African does not mean being black.
Africa is not a nation. It is a CONTINENT. The majority of people in the Middle East/North Africa are tan/brown skinned. Further, very few people in the world have a complexion nearing black. The Bible describes Jesus' feet as being "like bronze glowing in a furnace." Revelation 1:15. So His color appears to have been a golden brown. Either way, how does that change His message?

Old 07-28-2013, 06:26 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
Why is there separation of church and state in the United States? It seems like the government promotes atheism which is unfair too. It is quite sad that we cannot put Christian symbols in the public square without being sued by non-Christians, teaching some religion, and observe more Christian holidays as national holidays. Why would people be bothered with having Jesus and/or Virgin Mary statue at city hall and local DMV?

I wish we had state church with still freedom of speech and freedom of religion.

I like the way the UK, Canada, Germany, Austria, Israel, etc. are.... - Both democracy and religion together.
It's always a nice thing when the state establishes and promotes YOUR religion. The problem is that why should someone of a different faith -- or no faith at all be compelled to promote that religion and be subjected to it?

The First Amendment states that Congress shall make no law establishing religion nor prohibiting the free exercise thereof. That means that you can worship as you like without both the interference and support of government.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:27 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
when u separate humans from church they become animals. this is not good bek we have been brainwashed by sierra club to believe crocodiles are basically good and are our friends as long as we respect them. lol.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:29 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,051,128 times
Quote:
Why is there separation of church and state in the United States?
There isn't.

Next.

Old 07-28-2013, 06:30 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,951,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
when u separate humans from church they become animals.
Can you document this please? In 2010, just 18% of Swedish citizens responded that "they believe there is a god." Yet, Sweden is a very civilized country populated by humans. In many ways they are more civilized than the U.S. The state doesn't execute its citizens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies