Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2013, 12:15 AM

21,479 posts, read 10,579,563 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Does a 14-year-old potential burglar deserve the death penalty? That is, if the homeowner had called the police, and the police had apprehended this unarmed boy, do you think he would have been sent to the electric chair? Tell me what he would have been charged with to warrant the death penalty.

That is exactly what we're talking about here. The kid was not an armed robber. He was a kid who apparently stole things. He didn't know better because he was FOURTEEN YEARS OLD. Are all kids now supposed to have the maturity level of 30-year-old adults, or else be killed?
Yes, a 14-year old burglar absolutely knows the risks of breaking into a house when the homeowners are present. I don't think he deserves to die for it (thankfully he didn't), but then again I do think he should know what he's doing is risky. I don't know where you live, but it must be some area where there isn't a lot of crime. Have you ever been to New Orleans? It's a great place, but there is a lot of crime. I can understand a little of the homeowner's mindset.

Old 07-28-2013, 12:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
If I lived your life of fear I would be a nutcase and probably be on meds.
I don't live a life of fear, but I'm realistic. I said I'd wait for the kid to actually break into my house before using deadly force. What would you do, let him break in while you hide in the closet? What if he found you and decided he would rape you or kill you? You know the saying, when seconds count, the police are minutes away.

I don't live in Mayberry, and New Orleans for darn sure isn't like Mayberry.

Old 07-28-2013, 12:31 AM

690 posts, read 964,323 times
people are finding excuses again...the kid shoulda this, shoulda that like the kid shot the man and not the other way round or nonsense like "the kid made a choice, he knew the risks" WTF is wrong with you inbreds? he is 14! kids at 14 dont think this deep and often make bad choices, does he really deserve to be shot at tho?
if u really think a kid needs be killed for stepping foot on yo backyard, u must seek mental help
it might not help tho, as half the people on here are clearly itchy trigger sociopaths

Last edited by Stechkin; 07-28-2013 at 12:47 AM..

Old 07-28-2013, 12:38 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times
Everybody wants to be Billy Badass with a gun nowadays.

"Hey...some kid has trespassed on my property...guess the only recourse is to shoot him in the head."

Old 07-28-2013, 12:40 AM

it ll be great to see when finally one dumb gun happy hick shoots another dumb gun happy hick, esp if hes a neighbor or a relative and the first hick couldnt recognize him in the dark and thought he was a threat
might take a while tho cuz they are quick to shoot black people, but think twice if a person is white cuz they kno they will be convicted more likely

Old 07-28-2013, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stechkin View Post
it ll be great to see when finally one dumb gun happy hick shoots another dumb gun happy hick, esp if hes a neighbor or a relative and the first hick couldnt recognize him in the dark and thought he was a threat
might take a while tho cuz they are quick to shoot black people, but think twice if a person is white cuz they kno they will be convicted more likely
I can tell you that where I live (Texas), this guy wouldn't get past the Grand Jury phase. It wouldn't matter if the burglar was white, black, or Hispanic. You'd be surprised at how many burglars are shot by the homeowners during break-ins, and I don't feel sorry for any of them. Believe me, burglars know they are risking their lives when breaking into homes or cars. That's why they generally try to do it when the homeowner isn't home, or shock and awe by kicking in the door and doing it fast before a homeowner can get to their firearm. If it was just the car he was trying to loot, why didn't he choose a better target, one outside of a fence?

I hate that a 14-year old was shot, but I hate even more that a 14-year old has turned himself into a "professional thief" as his brother said. Hopefully the kid will recover without too much damage, and will have learned a very valuable lesson. Don't steal things that don't belong to you, and just assume that all homeowners have guns and aren't afraid to use them.

Old 07-28-2013, 12:58 AM

24 posts, read 163,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
One question, why do you hate black americans so much to the point that you want to compare two cases that are so far apart? I mean like what is your probelm were you teased alot as youth? Stevie Wonder can see that these two cases have nothing to do with one another
Why has the OP not answered this yet? I been on here for a while now and this poster, (Edward) is usually very hard on US born blacks.

Old 07-28-2013, 01:01 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stechkin View Post
people are finding excuses again...the kid shoulda this, shoulda that like the kid shot the man and not the other way round or nonsense like "the kid made a choice, he knew the risks" WTF is wrong with you inbreds? he is 14! kids at 14 dont think this deep and often make bad choices, does he really deserve to be shot at tho?
if u really think a kid needs be killed for stepping foot on yo backyard, u must seek mental help
it might not help tho, as half the people on here are clearly itchy trigger sociopaths
I have met a lot of 14 year old boys who are bigger than I am.

14? I was a sophomore in high school at 14. You know the difference between right and wrong.
This was not a ten year old.

No one deserves to be shot for stepping into a yard, but no one deserves to have to put their lives in jeopardy in order to safeguard their own property.
I plan on spending ZERO seconds ASKING strange men why they are in my backyard in the middle of the night. Or any time.

Old 07-28-2013, 01:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicky. View Post
Why has the OP not answered this yet? I been on here for a while now and this poster, (Edward) is usually very hard on US born blacks.
well, erybod knows how uncle toms get...

Old 07-28-2013, 01:04 AM

A man was shot dead in Houston this summer while outside watering his lawn. The police think it was just a random shooting. Who knows, maybe a gang initiation? I can't for the life of me figure out any other reason for it unless it was murder for hire, but it doesn't sound like it.

Just this month a father and son were killed during a robbery in their home. There have been multiple instances of people being killed by their robbers. There is no way to know the attacker's motives or what they're going to do. I can understand the mindset of the New Orleans homeowner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies