Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2013, 12:08 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
No but I've been in the front office at school when a new family comes in to register their kids.
Citizens are treated differently than immigrants.
Not according to this link:

Immunization Branch, School & Child-Care Facility Requirements

Old 07-30-2013, 12:13 PM

5,563 posts, read 4,262,489 times
Here's an interesting piece on the effects of emerging infectious diseases.

Quote:
One recent example is Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS), which claimed nearly 800 lives and imposed a devastating $50 billion in global losses .
http://www.healthcare.philips.com/ma...ase_111208.pdf

Here are some other effects:
Indirect Effects of Epidemics:
Quote:
i) Social and political disruption due to tension and law and order problems

ii) Economic loss arising from lack of strength of cultivates.

iii) Scarcity of clean food and water leading to malnutrition and starvation.

iv) Worsening of already poor sanitary conditions resulting in aggravation of epidemics.

Epidemic situations also worsen the already overburdened health services, as the scare available resources have to be diverted for controlling and management of epidemics.
What are the adverse effects of Epidemics ?

Old 07-30-2013, 12:17 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:

So again..if you have your shots why are you so worried about being in
contact with those that didn't get shots ?
Tell us in your own words who might not be at risk for catching something because they haven't/couldn't be immunized. Then tell us why you don't care.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:17 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,324,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
The HELL they don't! Have you ever worked in an immunization clinic? Doesn't sound like it. Many people DO bring their records with them. The rule of thumb is if they have no records, to reimmunize. As I showed yesterday, Mexico does a much better job than the US of getting kids immunized, so a lot of these immigrants, including the illegals, actually end up being over-immunized (which in general isn't a bad thing).
Sometimes I work in the immigrant kids' TB testing clinic. A lot of kids, especially from Europe, have been exposed to TB.
And you're right. Over-immunization poses no threat when records are lost or missing, and they don't know if they've been vaccinated. If they have, the body treats it like an exposure to a disease and initiates the appropriate immune response.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:23 PM

7,713 posts, read 4,747,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
BWHAHA naturalnews ... can you get any more idiotic than using a propaganda site.

You breathe in MORE poisons in your EVERYDAY life, in your OWN home, than you would get from ONE dosage of any vaccine.
So NaturalNews is propaganda, but self funded research by Big Pharma is legit? Or Big Pharma giving millions to the Government in exchange for an FDA thumbs up automatically makes it safe?

Old 07-30-2013, 12:26 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Yes I agree with the rules that the state of Texas has set out regarding immunizations.
I also agree with the free clinics for all children, not just school age children that they hold in the schools each year.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:35 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,759,995 times
^^It is up to the individual schools to enforce the immunization laws. There is research that shows that allowing exemptions for personal reasons results in more exemptions. However, you can rest assured that the immigrant kids have been immunized.

With the dread "Obamacare" immunizations are a covered benefit. Those w/o insurance can go to the health dept clinics.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:45 PM

7,541 posts, read 6,271,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
So NaturalNews is propaganda, but self funded research by Big Pharma is legit?
No, who mentioned researched by Big Pharma? I surely didn't. I take the word of independent studies and tests by scientific and submitted papers by real researchers.

Apparently you can't tell the difference

Naturalnews is just a propaganda site, that uses old long debunked research as the basis for their many ignorant claims. oh, and several of their 'writers' are pushing their own "dietary supplements" that have never been tested and could be more dangerous to you than one vaccine shot.

Old 07-30-2013, 12:46 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Tell us in your own words who might not be at risk for catching something because they haven't/couldn't be immunized. Then tell us why you don't care.
Why so rabid about what other people do ?
Immunizations are 99% effective right ?
If you have your shot and your kids have their shots then why the angst over what people who don't even live in your community decide ?

What am I missing here that I don't see the reason why people are getting so upset ?
Am I being too confident that my shots will protect me ?

Old 07-30-2013, 12:47 PM

808 posts, read 662,640 times
Quote:
a) You can't get the single antigen MMR vaccines any more.
b) When they were available, they had to be given either together, or at least 30 days apart, b/c they are live virus vaccines. If you give them closer together, they won't "take". It's hard to get people to come back, and come back, and come back.
c) There is no evidence that the side effects are any worse (and they're few,far between and mild anyway) with the triple vaccine.

If you're asking about the separation of all vaccines, b) applies about having to come back, again, and again, and again. (Not all vaccines have to be separated by 30 days.) c) applies as well. Also, the kids are unimmunized for a longer period of time.
They are still available in the others parts of the globe.
I am talking about MMR only.
I had not oly separate vaccies but totally indivudusal schedule, but I was an insider.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies