Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 11:41 AM

7,713 posts, read 4,749,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Gardesil was pushed in Texas to be mandatory by a very conservative governor. As it happened, the governor's aid quit the governor and started working for the company who made the vaccine. Then came the executive order that all 12 yo girls should be vaccinated. Lasted about 2 days before the uprising stopped it.
This is where I differ from Progressives. When they hear "Government Regulation" they imagine a benign Uncle Sam looking out for their best interests. When I hear "Government Regulation" I imagine Rick Perry back slapping with his #1 campaign contributor Merck. Then granting a monopoly to Merck to administer the HPV vaccine in Texas. Then mandating every girl in the state receive the shot. To me that's "Government Regulation".

Old 07-31-2013, 12:28 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Gardesil was pushed in Texas to be mandatory by a very conservative governor. As it happened, the governor's aid quit the governor and started working for the company who made the vaccine. Then came the executive order that all 12 yo girls should be vaccinated. Lasted about 2 days before the uprising stopped it.
The governor was doing the right thing for the wrong reasons, IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason3000 View Post
This is where I differ from Progressives. When they hear "Government Regulation" they imagine a benign Uncle Sam looking out for their best interests. When I hear "Government Regulation" I imagine Rick Perry back slapping with his #1 campaign contributor Merck. Then granting a monopoly to Merck to administer the HPV vaccine in Texas. Then mandating every girl in the state receive the shot. To me that's "Government Regulation".
Merck is the only manufacturer of Gardasil. There is another HPV vaccine, but it came out later, after Pery's executive order. Also, Gardasil protects against 4 types of HPV viruses and is the only of the HPV vaccines approved for males.

Vaccines: VPD-VAC/HPV/Vaccine FAQ

Old 07-31-2013, 12:39 PM

46,963 posts, read 25,998,208 times
Quote:
Republican principles, such as they are, can be circumvented when the gravy train pulls in. Never claimed otherwise.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:41 PM

808 posts, read 662,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Republican principles, such as they are, can be circumvented when the gravy train pulls in. Never claimed otherwise.
what do Republican principles have to do with a governing issue of lowering the chances of cervical cancer?
and lowering the costs of the taxpayers burden, for that matter.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:43 PM

what on earth have the conservatism vs liberalism to do with cervical cancer?

Old 07-31-2013, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Do any of you experts have any experience with a child on the spectrum?

A family member was filmed and studied by some researchers at a major west coast university 4 times before he was 18 months old. So his medical researcher dad has that record. By the time he was 2, it was clear there was a big issue.

The child's father has read everything ever written and understands it. Their 2nd son was vaccinated on their schedule.

Instead of fighting about vaccines, we need to find out what is causing this misery.

My other daughter who spends her life with toddlers thinks it is plastics. Everything kids touch these days is plastic. When my kids were little, they did not come into much contact with plastic. Now, everything babies ingest comes packaged in plastic. Their diapers are plastic. The seats are plastic. All their toys are plastic.

that is an interesting idea, but it can be only a contributing factor, not a single one - every baby on a planet touches and consumes a lot of plastic, yet the rate and increase is in North America only.

It is a combination of factors.

And our nation-wide obesity and hypo-dynamics are a big contributing factor as well.
In a mother, not a baby, usually.
underlying genetic susceptibility is, probably, the major reason, but the triggering factors are obviously multifactorial.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Big whoop! In the US you can opt out of everything, if you're that dumb.
you can, but it has repercussions.

and those are the ones which are tying up the families.

Old 07-31-2013, 12:55 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry, but this is a total crock of compost mixed liberally with BS. First, you claim to have the inside knowledge of Eastern Europe, Austria,etc, and now this baloney???

I work in pediatrician's office, and the above is just untrue. Homeschoolers are required to follow the same rules. Please look at the link I posted about the Texas school immunization law. Other states are similar.

It is YOU who are spouting baloney.
A kid will not get into the public school system in the US if the kid does not have an updated immunizations, confirmed by health department or pediatrician. Period.

yes I do have knowledge about Eastern Europe, Austria and the US.

Some people happen to live in different countries and also work there - if that is a revelation for you.

Not everybody is stuck in one place for their whole life and looks at the world from their knowledge of working in the pediatrician's office

Old 07-31-2013, 12:56 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vox populi View Post
you can, but it has repercussions.

and those are the ones which are tying up the families.
I have worked in immunization programs in the US for 40+ years, about 30 here in CO. I've never seen the stuff you're talking about. Here it is "easy, peasy" to get an exemption for all or some vaccines. Not all the vaccines in the recommended schedule are required, either.

Maybe you could give some examples of just what you're talking about?????

Old 07-31-2013, 01:01 PM

Quote:
I have worked in immunization programs in the US for 40+ years, about 30 here in CO. I've never seen the stuff you're talking about. Here it is "easy, peasy" to get an exemption for all or some vaccines. Not all the vaccines in the recommended schedule are required, either.

Maybe you could give some examples of just what you're talking about?????
If one does not want to see, she won't see it.

A child is ineligible for American public school system if the child does not have immunizations done. yes, not all the vaccines are needed, but the one discussed and blamed is #1 needed. Or separate ones.

it goes all the way from K to 12. And even in collge upon admission you send an immunization record. Two states - Fl and NY I know from personal experience.

heck, one won't even get permanent residency without immunizations completed and updated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies