Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 07:13 AM

2,635 posts, read 3,511,915 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That is exactly what is going to happen with many people. Despite the claims this is not how it's set up. It's set up to in the end force everyone onto the government system.
Except there is no "government system". The exchanges are marketplaces for private insurance providers to sell their services. There is no option where the government will provide you with insurance. The federal government employees' FEHB system already operates as an exchange, where employees get to pick their plan and pay for differing levels of care.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2013, 07:21 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
When the government dictates what will and won't be covered. Decides who will get a service and who won't, enforces it, its government run insurance.

Old 08-24-2013, 01:55 PM

774 posts, read 1,693,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post

I suppose that jack-booted thuggery is a stress-inducing gig and demands top notch health care.
On the other hand, the NSA has no trouble telling who posted in this thread and sharing this data with the IRS or any other government agency. Therefore I'd like to go on record stating my firm conviction that the Government is the only thing protecting us from savagery and tyranny, and each and every government worker is fairly sainted in their dedication and hard work for the sake of the citizenry. I just wish there were a way to raise our own taxes and pay them more money for the blood, sweat, and tears they invest for the Common Good. Oh wait ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
The primary purpose of the Affordable Care Act was to provide a marketplace for the sale and purchase of health insurance for those who do not have such coverage – not to take coverage away from employees who already receive it through their employers.
Just as one data point, Anthem (one of the largest insurers nationwide) has just cancelled each and every one of its individual policies, blaming the ACA. I know you're talking about employer-provided health care, but which was more expensive and precarious in the first place?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
That is exactly what is going to happen with many people. Despite the claims this is not how it's set up. It's set up to in the end force everyone onto the government system.
Exactly. And for relatively healthy individuals, at much higher cost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barack Obama, July 2009
“If you like your doctor, you will be able to keep your doctor. Period. If you like your health care plan, you will be able to keep your health care plan. Period. No one will take it away. No matter what.”
I do hate quoting looney republicans from South Carolina, but one such quote does come to mind...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies