Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 09:01 AM

46,267 posts, read 27,085,436 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
What other reason would some people feel the need to extend their manhood by arming themselves?
So, you have no answer, figures...

And why does the left always bring sexual talk into a conversation about guns? (Manhood)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2013, 09:03 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,851,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, you have no answer, figures...

And why does the left always bring sexual talk into a conversation about guns? (Manhood)
I tend to respond to stupidity, such as putting guns into schools, with sarcasm, sorry.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:12 AM

Quote:
I tend to respond to stupidity, such as putting guns into schools, with sarcasm, sorry.
Seems your dear leader disagrees with you....you should be ashamed of yourself for not following him and his word.......

Quote:

According to guidelines released by the White House in advance of Obama's
speech Wednesday, schools that want to have armed guards will be supported in
that pursuit, but schools won't be pushed to staff them. The plan calls for the
creation of 1,000 new "school resource officers," which the White House
describes as "specially trained police officers that work in schools," and
mental health professionals to "help prevent school crime and student-on-student
violence."

The White House says it will "provide incentives" for police departments to
train and hire these special officers. The Department of Justice will tweak the
COPS Hiring Grants, which is already used by police departments to recruit new
talent, to incentivize police departments to employ more school-specific
officers.
Link is from the huffpo...so you cannot use the standard "look it's a fox new link" lol...

Obama On Guns: School Police Should Be Funded By Federal Government, But Not Required

Old 07-31-2013, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Seems your dear leader disagrees with you....you should be ashamed of yourself for not following him and his word.......

Link is from the huffpo...so you cannot use the standard "look it's a fox new link" lol...

Obama On Guns: School Police Should Be Funded By Federal Government, But Not Required
I hope you understand the difference between a trained police officer and a volunteer teacher.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:29 AM

Quote:
I hope you understand the difference between a trained police officer and a volunteer teacher.

Yessssssssssss, so they would NOT train the teachers...lol....you're digging bobbie

Old 07-31-2013, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Yessssssssssss, so they would NOT train the teachers...lol....you're digging bobbie
I got it, you don't know the difference. That's OK, it's not a requirement.

Old 07-31-2013, 09:59 AM

8,652 posts, read 17,237,641 times
Quote:
What other reason would some people feel the need to extend their manhood by arming themselves?
Are women extending their manhood by arming themselves?

Old 07-31-2013, 10:00 AM

Quote:
I got it, you don't know the difference. That's OK, it's not a requirement.
I guess you don't understand, but that is proper for you...noted, you got nothing...

Old 07-31-2013, 10:10 AM

17,815 posts, read 25,630,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
School security guard in Michigan leaves gun in bathroom, officials say - U.S. News

School security guard, retired policeman, leaves gun in bathroom.

How about the FL cop who left his gun in the men's room of a Tampa movie theater that was found by a child?

The local authorities were going to throw the book at the individual until they found out it was a cop....LOL.

Old 07-31-2013, 10:30 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,107,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
As the schools have accepted responsibility for the physical safety of the children I would think, after Sandy Hook, it would make sense to arm the guards and the teachers. It is unlikely a stern word would stop a person set on shooting up a school. I think all places that take the responsibility for the occupant’s safety would be well advised to have armed people around to effectively protect the rest.

The arguments about firearms accidents are irrelevant to the basic responsibility the schools have accepted to protect the students.

I think the people opposed to arming teachers are operating on the idea that if guns are banned then there will no longer be any threat of violence. They are deluding themselves and trying to force the rest of us to share that delusion.
Basically, if they received training, then fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies