Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 09:43 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times

Advertisements

It's to Jackson's benefit that Blacks remain victims of society.
He'd be out of work with no platform otherwise.

Same for Sharpton.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2013, 09:59 AM

5,821 posts, read 5,305,558 times
Default Jesse Jackson says he won't apologize to Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
That's because he can't. He will never admit he was wrong. He has an image to maintain and a lot of supporters that like his race baiting behavior.
So true. I don't ever remember hearing an apology from him.

Actually, spitting in white people's (or mine) food, because of bad things done to black people
by other white people, is the most racist thing you can do.

He probably kicks all dogs because he was bitten by one in his youth.

It's amazing that a 'preacher' would do the opposite of Jesus' commandment of ''Do unto others
as you would have them do unto you''.

Old 08-01-2013, 10:00 AM

4,520 posts, read 4,210,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
It's to Jackson's benefit that Blacks remain victims of society.
He'd be out of work with no platform otherwise.

Same for Sharpton.
Blacks remain victims of society? I dispute your assertion. Blacks are NOT victims of society. What makes you say they are?

Old 08-01-2013, 10:23 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,167,528 times
I never knew this and I am appalled.
Quote:
Life Magazine | November 29th, 1969

... Sometimes he preaches on the legacy of slavery, and one senses that as he stands up there, his eyes ablaze, arms flailing, neck veins rigid, he is feeling every lash of every old whip. During these sermons Jackson sweats profusely, the only visible symptom of sickle-cell trait, a chronic blood disease that saps his stamina but which he ignores in the drama of the moment. Jackson talks about himself at these meetings. Once he told of his days as a waiter at the Jack Tar Hotel in his home town of Greenville, S.C. Just before leaving the kitchen he would spit into the food of white patrons he hated and then smilingly serve it to them. He did this, he said, "because it gave me psychological gratification." It was something everybody in the audience understood.
Mistreating others is not the way to encourage them to treat you well.

Old 08-01-2013, 10:26 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,509,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Blacks remain victims of society? I dispute your assertion. Blacks are NOT victims of society. What makes you say they are?
It's Jackson and Sharpton that portray that.

Old 08-01-2013, 10:29 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times
Talk like that makes him look stupid and cheapens how awful apartheid was for Blacks in South Africa.

Old 08-01-2013, 10:31 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,424,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocLot View Post
Well I agree with this but the query should be direct to Jessie and Al.

Old 08-01-2013, 10:38 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,450,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Well I agree with this but the query should be direct to Jessie and Al.

And i also agree with you. However the remarks that Sharpton and Jackson make, have a great impact on the black communities. And they really ought to think carefully with the words they choose.

They are the ones who incite a lot of the problems, they themselves, by the remarks they make.

What they are trying to stop, they themselves are totally guilty of. Why let them get away with this crap.

This does not help a situation, but further it's agenda.

Old 08-01-2013, 10:42 AM

2,440 posts, read 3,432,444 times
I guess that makes me a racist too, cause this is one time I side with Jesse.
I guess I also have a problem with people who jump out of cars, chase people down, murder them and then claim to be "the victim" because they lost the preceding fist fight.

Old 08-01-2013, 10:54 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,861,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
So the man who admitted spitting in white peoples food, now pretty much lumps the whole state of Florida into one group. So who's the racist now.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Civil rights leader Jesse Jackson says he won't back down from controversial comments he made following the George Zimmerman verdict after he was asked to apologize by Florida Gov. Rick Scott.

Jackson on Tuesday called Florida “the Selma of our time.” The remark follows Jackson saying Florida was an “Apartheid State,” after a jury earlier this month found Zimmerman not guilty on all charges in the shooting death of black teenager Trayvon Martin

Read more: Jesse Jackson says he won't apologize to Florida over remarks on Zimmerman verdict | Fox News
Jackson does not care what Gov Scott thinks of him, he cares what the people of Fla think of Gov Scott and the Legislature.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies